You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Both teams to score

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,110
edited May 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
As this bet is getting more popular, Here`s something to think about. If you start with £10 & pick out just 1 match at odds of about 5/6 if it comes in it returns about £18. Then put the entire £18 on your next match again about 5/6 that will return about £32. If you carry on putting on all your returns for 10 games it will be about £4000, The hardest thing is having the balls to keep doubling up your bets, so your better off putting the original £10 into a mates account and telling him not to give it back to you untill after an agreed number of bets have been placed, even if you lose all you lose really is your original £10. One match a week shouldn`t be that hard to find, i`ve got up to £1200 before but then started doing £300 trebles as i didnt have the balls to put the £1200 on 1 match, and lost the lot as 1 would always let me down. so now i just do my one main bet & a silly accumulator for a couple of quid. Have you got the balls to go all the way.

Comments

• Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited May 2011

I thought there were limits to the amoount you can put on a single bet online? Correct me if im wrong please.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Ah that could be a flaw in my master plan, what are the limits then. ive had a quick look about but cant find out.
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited May 2011
    I think it depends on each provider but I maybe mistaken.

I know someone that provides a tipping service who also owns a few horses and he has problems putting on large ammounts when he's betting.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Dont know the limits but I would guess you might struggle to get more than 1k on a single bet.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited May 2011
    I've not thought of this before, but sounds like a good idea. I might do it next season. I doubt I will do it on Sky though as I don't want to to interfere with my poker BR. Probs just set a 1k target. If you reach it then cashout and start again.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Here we go have put the odd £11.80 of my account on Cardiff V Reading both to score @ 5/6 if it comes in returns £21.63 then that`s going on next bet, gonna see how far i can go, balls permitting.
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited May 2011
    gl might try this myself
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    oh well start again.

why is it nearly always the home teams who let you down.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited May 2011

I got done by Cardiff as well but stuck with it for the Huddersfield match

• Options
    marston06marston06 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    lol just reading this thread with interest, i like the idea... tho not the best start with reading v cardiff!!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Both teams to score:
    I got done by Cardiff as well but stuck with it for the Huddersfield match
    Posted by MP33
    Missed the Huddersfield match typical, back on for the Peterborough V MK Dons tonight though only got 4/7 though them odds suggest both will score, (famous last words).
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Not enough games to choose from so gonna wait till next season. But i bet i dont, plenty of games left through the next week.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited May 2011

I know this isn't possible until next season. But would it be better to pick 5 or 6 matches every week and put them in a Canadian or Heinz? Instead of doubling your bets each week on 1 match? Not sure if this would be more profitable?

• Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited May 2011
    I know this isn't possible until next season. But would it be better to pick 5 or 6 matches every week and put them in a Canadian or Heinz? Instead of doubling your bets each week on 1 match? Not sure if this would be more profitable?
    Posted by splashies

Splashies, whats a canadian and a heinz please ?
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Both teams to score :   Splashies, whats a canadian and a heinz please ?
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Different types of bets

Yankee 4selections
    Canadian 5
    Super Canadian 6
    Heinz 7

Get a standard football coupon and on the back it tells you all the fdifferent bets available dependant on the number of selections
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited May 2011
    Luckily I didn,t get my bets in on time for yesterdays play offs
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Both teams to score,
    Stevenage V Torquay, 10/11.
    Barca V Mancs, Evens.
    Double pays about 11/4.
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited May 2011
    Dont know the limits but I would guess you might struggle to get more than 1k on a single bet.
    Posted by tallboy
    i dont know if there are limits but if there are its way higher than 1k.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Both teams to score : i dont know if there are limits but if there are its way higher than 1k.
    Posted by offshoot
    I was guessing, How much can you get on roughly on single match would be interested to know.