You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BMW PGA Championships

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited May 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Well my golf tips haven't been too bad the last couple of weeks, so I thought I'd start a thread for this week.

There is some good value out there this week IMO, a lot of long odds for some players that don't deserve it. The bookies seem to be putting most their eggs in Luke Donald's basket, and too be honest I don't think he will win. He is 1 of my favourite players, but he admitted during the matchplay he has been feeling a bit ill, and I think with so many rounds of high class golf over the weekend to then go and lose in the final, he will be a bit drained.

Skybet have him at 15/2 which is rediculous with the amount of runners in it!

I think Rory is looking like getting back to his best and I can see him giving this a good run.

Chris Wood played really well a couple of weeks ago before having a Mcilroy type blowup in the final 9 holes, but I think he will learn from that and will feature this weekend.

Long odds for Jacquelin who only a few weeks ago was winning or finishing top 10 for fun, he is great value at 125/1.
Chris Wood £5
50/1    
Rory Mcilroy £10 @
18/1    
Raphael Jacquelin
125/1    

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited May 2011
    For me there are two stand out youngsters who could have a good week.

I haven't put the bets on yet as not all bookies have opened this market yet.

Matteo Manassero at around 45/1. He recorded a top 20 here last year and coming from a recent win in Malaysia, he will fancy his chances this week.

Danny Willett is playing solid golf at the minute. His last 5 results read 16-24-7-17-11. This coupled with his 5th place here last year makes him a good pick at around 80/1.

I will post later what odds i get when i place the bets.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

EventPickOddsStake
    BMW PGA ChampionshipMatteo Manassero45/1£2 e/w
    BMW PGA ChampionshipDanny Willett80/1£2 e/w
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited May 2011
    3 for me this week:Martin Kaymer @16/1 £7.50 e/w  going through swing changes but I said weeks ago was gonna back him for this so cant change my mind now
                               Alvaro Quiros @35/1 £2.50 e/w  no reason just fancy will run well
                               Stephen Gallacher @ 100/1 £1 e/w consistent and should give me a run for my money

GL ALL
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just added Ross Fisher @ 33/1.

It's his home course and will probably have a good week. Got 1/4 on 6 places on skybet.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: BMW PGA Championships:
    For me there are two stand out youngsters who could have a good week. I haven't put the bets on yet as not all bookies have opened this market yet. Matteo Manassero at around 45/1. He recorded a top 20 here last year and coming from a recent win in Malaysia, he will fancy his chances this week. Danny Willett is playing solid golf at the minute. His last 5 results read 16-24-7-17-11. This coupled with his 5th place here last year makes him a good pick at around 80/1. I will post later what odds i get when i place the bets. Good luck.
    Posted by splashies
    come on manny you can do it!!!
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2011

I took Westwood to win but put a couple of quid e w on Simon Dyson, he's sneaked up the leader board over the past two days, only needs to reach the top 5 for a payout, btw I got 100-1.......

Dyson to clean up?????
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: BMW PGA Championships:
    I took Westwood to win but put a couple of quid e w on Simon Dyson, he's sneaked up the leader board over the past two days, only needs to reach the top 5 for a payout, btw I got 100-1....... Dyson to clean up?????
    Posted by kaymac
    Looking like a good couple of bets atm m8.

Come on Jacquelin 1 or 2 birdies in the last 3 holes will do it...
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2011

Unlucky Lee Westwood, just a tad ambitious in the play-off, but congrats to Luke Donald, his luck held out till the end.. But thankfully Dyson took my profit for this tourney to a successful conclusion..

Keith
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Can some1 explain how to work out E/W odds.

I had Jacqueline place at 125/1. It says 1/4 for top 5 places... Now I would of thought that means you get a quarter of the odds, therefore a quarter of 125/1 is 31.25/1 so £5 @ 31.25 is £156.25 + my £5 stake = £161.25 ... All i got back was £107.50, so clearly im working this out wrong??
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    dead heat thats why mate
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    there were 3 players tied for 4th

on another note my best mates got a tenner e/w double on donald at 7/1 and garcia in america at 25/1,2nd at the mo 
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    sigh!garcia +5 after 5