You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Odd glitch in DYM just now

ilove2h8prilove2h8pr Member Posts: 148
edited May 2011 in Community Help & Advice
I remember someone posting a while ago they were playing a hand, got there money in with the best of it, got called.

WINNER thingy appears above villains head, then river card comes the suckout.

I had something similar just now in a DYM, I jam 10Ksuited on the button get called by Qhigh, flop comes barren.

Then the chat box informs everyone they've won £10 and league points.  Turn then comes out blank, proceeded by Q.

Am not shouting rigged!  Am asking what software malfunction would cause this, being an optimist.  Otherwise there is something odd.

Comments

• djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited May 2011

software already knows winning hands b4 they are dealt...

• AMYBRAMYBR Member Posts: 3,432
    edited May 2011
    You know I'm not tech minded bud but your laptop wasa beta tested by fred flinstone.

Could this not be simple lag?  Just a guess dont know much on the subject.
  • elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited May 2011
    If the cards lag the result lags - lag is lag
  • ilove2h8prilove2h8pr Member Posts: 148
    edited May 2011
    If this is the case then I find it pretty disturbing.  I 100% assure it happened this way.  Flop came down I was happy, chat box updates as it does at the termination of DYM and  I thought jog on whats does he hit then?

From the chat box I know I've gone behind, bursting the bubble.  I figured that there may be somes delay between visual animation of cards and simpler data style chatbox??  I then watch turn and river, Q hits river.  My laptop is preety dated.
    edited May 2011
    Yeah this keeps happening, every time I bbble DYM.  Surely its a lag, tech glitch?

Would a mod mind moving this to texhnical queries please?
  • murray69murray69 Member Posts: 436
    edited May 2011

Whenever you go all in on this site and your the one at risk of being busted, then you always get a pause or a lag, with me it usually comes just before the killer card that eliminates you.

• pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited May 2011
    it does take the dealer a bit longer to go through the pack and find the little blighter!!
    edited May 2011
    AGAIN MODS COULD THIS BE MOVED TO TECHNICAL Q'S AS PRETTY SURE ITS A LAG ISSUE.

FEEL FREE TO DELETE ALL 51ISH POSTS IF THAT IS THE ISSUE

I WOULD LIKE TO SOURCE THE ISSUE THOUGH AS IT IS FRUSTRATING.  SURELY A TECH ISSUE? SO PLEASE RELOCATE TO TECH q'S.  TY
  • Mod_NoseyMod_Nosey Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2011
    Ok - moved for you.
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Odd glitch in DYM just now:
    it does take the dealer a bit longer to go through the pack and find the little blighter!!
    Posted by pod1

LOL