You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Monaco GP?

CrunchybobCrunchybob Member Posts: 576
edited May 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

Hey guys, anyone think Alonso can win odds are 9/2..been looking good in practice, plus well known fact his awesome at street circuits...

thanks

Comments

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited May 2011
    Alonso doesnt stand a chance imo. Ferrari's are just not performing at the mo.

hard to look past Vettel. Think Hamilton woud be a good outsider bet though.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Monaco GP?:
    Alonso doesnt stand a chance imo. Ferrari's are just not performing at the mo. hard to look past Vettel. Think Hamilton woud be a good outsider bet though.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I dno..apparantely RB car not as good in these circuits..vettel has 7/1 on pole..fastest lap and the winner..

interesting
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Monaco GP? : I dno..apparantely RB car not as good in these circuits..vettel has 7/1 on pole..fastest lap and the winner.. interesting
    Posted by Crunchybob
    RB will likley remove their Curs (spelling) meaning they have to Add weight where they will add where it needs to be for fastest speeds in corners.

If they do, do this which i think they will and i know Eddie Jordan is of same opinion then they have an advatage over McLaren/Ferrari who will keep their fully working Curs on for the tunnel. Its just not enough advatage imo.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    P.S. Ill take Button for fastest lap.
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Well..heres to a good race, i like monaco, bound to be abit of carnage :) lol...virgin are good odds for the first team to retire a car
  • Options
    NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited May 2011
    Alonso doesnt stand a chance imo. Ferrari's are just not performing at the mo. hard to look past Vettel. Think Hamilton woud be a good outsider bet though.
    Posted by The_Don90
    lol 2nd fav at 3/1 is hardly an outsider!

and button for fastest lap?? have you been watching the F1 this year? ok he done ok last race, but no where near good enough for fastest lap imo

im going to see practice results before i bet, i'll lose a couple of points on the odds but meh, you get a much better idea of what cars are doing best.

• Options
    YouKnowsItYouKnowsIt Member Posts: 331
    edited May 2011
    Red Bull will struggle this weekend, dont think they will actually remove the KERS system from their car but they will be at a bigger disadvantage if it goes work again.

You can never tell at Monaco but I think both Maclarens, Alonso and Rosberg will be strong here but though I think in this race pole position actually matters not like in the other races, stratagey will yet again be the key as there is NO DRS in this race for overtaking
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited May 2011
    Well I've just put a curse on Hamilton (Pole @ 11/2)

My form has been terrible recently. Last week I had Vettel pole (Close but FAIL), Vettel leading after Lap#1 (Close but FAIL) and Hamilton race winner (Close but FAIL) haha. Skillllz
  • Options
    YouKnowsItYouKnowsIt Member Posts: 331
    edited May 2011
    Red Bull will struggle this weekend, dont think they will actually remove the KERS system from their car but they will be at a bigger disadvantage if it goes work again. You can never tell at Monaco but I think both Maclarens, Alonso and Rosberg will be strong here but though I think in this race pole position actually matters not like in the other races, stratagey will yet again be the key as there is NO DRS in this race for overtaking
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    * rule Rosberg out after the smash he just had, will be lucky to rebuild his car before qualifying
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Monaco GP? : lol 2nd fav at 3/1 is hardly an outsider! and button for fastest lap?? have you been watching the F1 this year? ok he done ok last race, but no where near good enough for fastest lap imo im going to see practice results before i bet, i'll lose a couple of points on the odds but meh, you get a much better idea of what cars are doing best.  
    Posted by Norbit
    i didnt see hamiltons odds before writing that your correct, i was hoping for 4/1 of better if i was gna do that.

Button is usually handy around Monaco and thats why i put him for fastest lap. Overall i think McLaren could do soo much better for a team mate for him

Like the looks of that Di Resta would like to see him in a big team. Kobiashi aswell, future world champion, although he seems to have alot of loyalty to Salber which might hold him back.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Red Bull will struggle this weekend, dont think they will actually remove the KERS system from their car but they will be at a bigger disadvantage if it goes work again. You can never tell at Monaco but I think both Maclarens, Alonso and Rosberg will be strong here but though I think in this race pole position actually matters not like in the other races, stratagey will yet again be the key as there is NO DRS in this race for overtaking
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    I think KERS doesnt offer that much in Monaco. Theres only 3 parts of the track it can be used (tunnel, Start/finnish and that small straight at the harbour). I think Red Bull may just decide to add the weight to assist with cornering instead.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Monaco GP? : * rule Rosberg out after the smash he just had, will be lucky to rebuild his car before qualifying
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    never watch practice but will see a highlight in qualy i think. If they can rebuild his car for tomorrow then he can still start from back of grind/pit lane. Usually they do, do that if they can. Worked for Heifield last week. Those extra clean tires make a huge differance in the race.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    if he starts from back..i hope he has good odds to get in the points :)
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2011
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    if he starts from back..i hope he has good odds to get in the points :)
    Posted by Crunchybob
    Lack of passing in Monaco might effect that.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited May 2011
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ban the troll :-p

• Options
    NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited May 2011

Well i was wrong about button, he put some real good times in and 2nd on the grid.

Hamilton is an outsider now tho :P lol after messing up Q3.

I cant see past vettel now, but ill be having small bets on hamilton e/w and fastest lap just to make it a bit more interesting.