You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Do the problems ever end on sky?

chipeeeeechipeeeee Member Posts: 21
edited October 2009 in Community Help & Advice
Last night the site goes down with no warning, tonight, it's on a go slow which means in a double your money sit n go u get 2, 3 if u r lucky, hands per level, is this how it always is on here?

Comments

• Options
    jon1957jon1957 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2009
    I have to agree. I've just finished a sit and go double your money, and we were not even getting a round in before the blinds were going up!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm gonna have to go somewhere else soon this is getting beyond a joke. I'm not sure why Sky either choose not to, or can't have downloadable software, but i've never experienced any problems lie this before on proper poker sites
  • Options
    -v--v- Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2009
    This is shocking tonight. Im still well in the main tournament but its unplayable. Stop the tournament now and pay everyone back. Its pointless
  • Options
    SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Do the problems ever end on sky?:
    This is shocking tonight. Im still well in the main tournament but its unplayable. Stop the tournament now and pay everyone back. Its pointless
    Posted by -v-
    Yep, it done me over too, last 2 days.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    just looked at another post and it's startin to make sense now, sky have almost doubled their amount of players online and I take it the systems can't cope. well hears an idea sky, before u advertise all over the place for new players, can u make sure that u have the system 2 deal with it so that it dnt ruin it 4 everyone
  • Options
    Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited September 2009
    Its really bad tonight sky people....please can it be sorted!?!?!?

Bazza
  • Options
    Sky_SteveMSky_SteveM Member Posts: 116
    edited September 2009
    Hi everyone,

Apologies that you're having trouble tonight. Whilst we will do our utmost to solve any issues, I would urge you to contact our customer care team to let them help you with individual issues.

If you get in touch with them, please provide details such as the tournament you were playing in, what times you noticed slow downs, your computer operating system and web browser info.

Thanks for your patience,
    Steve

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Hi everyone, Apologies that you're having trouble tonight. Whilst we will do our utmost to solve any issues, I would urge you to contact our customer care team to let them help you with individual issues. If you get in touch with them, please provide details such as the tournament you were playing in, what times you noticed slow downs, your computer operating system and web browser info. Thanks for your patience, Steve
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    You gota be having a laugh, THIS IS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM, cant you read?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited September 2009
    Hi Steve, thanks... but... OS and browser versions will be largely irrelevant I feel. It's clearly a site issue as it's so widespread, and will be obvious to the techies if they run any 'test tables'.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If you get in touch with them, please provide details such as the tournament you were playing in, what times you noticed slow downs, your computer operating system and web browser info. Thanks for your patience, Steve
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    What tournements /> EVERY TOURNEMENT!
    What times /> ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!
    What Operating system ect /> ALL!

get a grip! im soo annoyed!
  • Options
    fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited September 2009
    Sorry sky but have to agree here. Very slow tonight. Never had this before. On firefox this site normally runs smoothly.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    edited September 2009

Hi Guys,

I share your frustration - I do.

I've been on the Site all evening, & though my Tables were fine - I'm blessed - lots of you have told me of the problems.

I have sent a detailed Report of all the issues to the Suits - they have it now - & I'm sure it will get sorted overnight.

I can't really say any more - them's the facts.

I'll be back on the Site in the morning, & so if anyone wants to bash me up, you'll know where to find me. Eeek.
  • Options
    SPENBESPENBE Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2009
            PLAYER 4 2 YEARS MAYBE ONLY 1 WEEK MORE HOW CAN U TAKE UR 10% EVERY GAME 4 THIS SERVICE

TK HELP US
  • Options
    edited September 2009
            PLAYER 4 2 YEARS MAYBE ONLY 1 WEEK MORE HOW CAN U TAKE UR 10% EVERY GAME 4 THIS SERVICE                            TK HELP US
    Posted by SPENBE
    Lol, I'm trying mate, really.

I have put a lot of effort & detail into the Report I sent to Head Office 20 minutes ago, all the facts are in there, including lengthy C & P's of Chat Box Convos where guys were explaining the problems.

There is nothing more I or they can do tonight - if there were, I'd do it, trust me! - but you can bet there'll be some hooting & hollering in the morning, & the Suits will make sure it gets sorted. 
  • Options
    SPENBESPENBE Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Do the problems ever end on sky? : Lol, I'm trying mate, really. I have put a lot of effort & detail into the Report I sent to Head Office 20 minutes ago, all the facts are in there, including lengthy C & P's of Chat Box Convos where guys were explaining the problems. There is nothing more I or they can do tonight - if there were, I'd do it, trust me! - but you can bet there'll be some hooting & hollering in the morning, & the Suits will make sure it gets sorted. 
    Posted by Tikay10
      ITS NOT JUST TONIGHT TK I LOVE SKY POKER HOW MUCH CAN UR LOYAL PLAYERS TAKE. IS THIS THE END OF SKY POKER
  • Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited September 2009

been involved in 2 tourneys tonight, the 7pm deepstack and the 9pm 4k and in both of them the speed the games were running at was horrendous! ... i actually couldnt play a hand for 10mins in the deepstack and as for the 9pm tourney 2 hands played in every 10min blinds?!?  im sure sky you are doing everything to sort this and i appreciate things like this can happen, but i think refunds should be in order because the tourneys i played in tonight were a joke

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Do the problems ever end on sky? :   ITS NOT JUST TONIGHT TK I LOVE SKY POKER HOW MUCH CAN UR LOYAL PLAYERS TAKE. IS THIS THE END OF SKY POKER
    Posted by SPENBE
    No it's just the beginning :

Omaha coming soon
    Downloadable client coming soon
    SUKPT coming soon

When things grow they get the odd niggle until it all settles.

Stick with it everyone we all love the UK atmosphere/community.
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited September 2009
    Apologies for the issues that the site has been having over the last couple of evenings guys, it is something we are looking into as a matter of urgency.  I will report back with an update as soon as the technical team report back.
    The team and I appreciate your patience in the interim.
    Regards,
    Des.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    thank u tikay for your help
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    thank u tikay for your help
    Posted by chipeeeee
    I'm as much a player here as you Chipee, & I love the people who play here.

My Dad used to say "nothing worthwhile was ever achieved without a bit of pain, Son". Well Sky Poker ouight to end up as a GREAT site, cos, between us, we've had a bit of pain together!

And do you know what - it WILL.

Anyways, Sjy Des is on the case now, so I'm bowing out. Sky Des is a bit like Roy Keane used to be. And that's on a bad day......