You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker Players?

SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
In the last few days, I have noticed the "players online" has risen to over 4000, Im sure the norm has been about 2000 players.
At the same time, the last few days, I have also noticed the tables running very slow, even the move of the dealer chip from player to player.

Are my observations correct, and could they be related? If so are sky gona upgrade their server any time soon.
These tables are soo annoyingly slow.

Right now 4700 players online, and very very slow tables! aghh.

Comments

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited September 2009
    I  noticed that  over the weekend .. numbers way up ...

Only tonight have  i had server trouble  ..the deepstack  10  seater is so painfully slow .

The numbers were way up  on Sunday ? 

Hope it all my friends that I recommended   :))
  • Options
    dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Players?:
    I  noticed that  over the weekend .. numbers way up ... Only tonight have  i had server trouble  ..the deepstack  10  seater is so painfully slow . The numbers were way up  on Sunday ?  Hope it all my friends that I recommended   :))
    Posted by bennydip2
    I play a live game every wednesday down t'pub usually 15-20 players and almost half play on sky...... its getting there :D

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
    edited September 2009

Hi Stan,

Yes, I noted that "Players Online" figure too, & reported it yesterday, but from the reply I got, it's not connected with tonight's Site Issues.

I have Posted on 2 Threads in "technical Queries", & I can't say any more right now, as you know as much as I do now.

For now, it's off to bed for me, as we can do no more tonight, but it'll be sorted in the morning.
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited September 2009
    Apologies for the issues that the site has been having over the last couple of evenings guys, it is something we are looking into as a matter of urgency.  I will report back with an update as soon as the technical team report back.

The team and I appreciate your patience in the interim.

Regards,

Des.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2009
    only just noticed this guys, forget my thread lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Players?:
    only just noticed this guys, forget my thread lol
    Posted by webby234

I LOVE WEBBY

xx
  • Options
    TimboboTimbobo Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2009
    I'm normally very supportive of sky poker but I am getting a bit fed up with these repeated technical problems.
  • Options
    SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
    edited October 2009
    IF im seeing things right, That figure is now 6000+

WoooooW
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited October 2009
    Sky is growing at a ridiculous rate!!! Just need downloadable version now so the lobby doesn't struggle so much...
  • Options
    TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2009
    6000 online but only 2000 acually seated???????what r the other 4000 doing ??????? just doesnt add up>>>>
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    I presume the rest are sky bet, vegas etc customers
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited October 2009
    Was over 15k online tonight... is that right?
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    something very strange going on ere lads--i saw 12000 online tonight with 147 seated??---we all got logged out while playing a bounty hunter--every time i logged in again i got logged out again and could'nt relaunch the table?---went to customer care and was number 68 in the cue--lol---

I have complained several times before that it should be completely impossible to be logged out while actively playing in a tournament---so why the flop have they even got this notice that says "your log in has expired- please relaunch the game from the lobby"----why should you have to be active in the fluppin lobby, when you are busy trying to play on the final table of a tournament?-----anyone can see that this stupid notice should not even exist---so why does it??????

SORT IT OUT LADS----NEVER MIND NEW THIS---NEW THAT----ALL WE WANT IS RELIABLE POKER!!!!

PS, luckily i am not as annoyed as i should be, coz despite the trouble, i cashed in the tourney----after logging in approximately 30 times
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    edited October 2009
    I thought it was my computer or connection with the problems of being continually 'logged' out.  It makes you nervous about entering tournaments because you don't know if you can actually play them!!!

I have had four such 'log out' problems this morning in the space of just 20 mins. 

Annoying as it is (and it is very very annoying) I am comforted that it is not my laptop that is broken!!!
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited October 2009
      I had the same logging out problem last night too
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited October 2009
    the logging out situation and the "Adobe script" problem are the reasons i took a month off recently, thought they were sorted, i've not had any problems since coming back.