You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Here we go again

chipeeeeechipeeeee Member Posts: 21
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
7pm hits, over 4000 players online and the site once again becomes unplayable

Well once my cash for points hits my account, I (as I imagine alot of players will be) am gone

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited September 2009
    Im not going to leave the site as im loyal to sky!! BUT as its so unplayable atm im off to the poker club instead, so no rake from me, and im sure others are doing the same... They do say they are working on it though. so goodluck
  • Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited September 2009
    just been playin heads up in the turbo charged and with the blinds goin up every couple of mins we were able to get 1 hand in per blind level...im absolutly disgusted with this now 3 nights in a row! im de regestering from the bounty hunter tonight, the 10k tomorrow and the primo friday, withdrawing my cash and im going to play on another site for a while because im totally fed up with this now...
  • Options
    chipeeeeechipeeeee Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2009
    its crazy, playing DYM's and I think we've just set a record for still having 6 players left at the 400/800 stage, no skill at all in this now, and i shall be requesting a refund from sky as they are providing a far less than adequate service
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Here we go again:
    just been playin heads up in the turbo charged and with the blinds goin up every couple of mins we were able to get 1 hand in per blind level...im absolutly disgusted with this now 3 nights in a row! im de regestering from the bounty hunter tonight, the 10k tomorrow and the primo friday, withdrawing my cash and im going to play on another site for a while because im totally fed up with this now...
    Posted by Eagle26
    hello mate... i decided to give sky a go tonight as havent been on for a while... entered the 7pm deepie... and like u am a tad annoyed.... the dealer button and blinds freeze and the time taken between hands is shocking....... this rate if i final table it will be 5am!!!!!
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited September 2009
    again over 4000 online so it stops, sky need to update their software so it can cope with 10,000 players. we keep being told the numbers will go up so sort it out. I normally start playing at 8 ish but i think i will wait till after 9 or till the nubers drop below 4000.
  • Options
    SPENBESPENBE Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2009
    Posted by Eagle26

Sorry 2 see u go mate i also love sky poker like u my first game of cash poker always remember your first dont u. going 2 log on in a again in a hour if slow like u im going 2 try elsewhere 2 DO THEY CARE TALK IS CHEAP
  • Options
    Bza3swordsBza3swords Member Posts: 91
    edited September 2009
    Yep as soon as freeroll started my DYM slowed down.

Im logging off and not playing til tomorrow, and thatll only be til 7pm.  Please get this sorted Sky folk as I really enjoy playing on the site!

Bazza
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    I have to say i tried mutitbling at 7pm...POINTLESS .......15/20 sec delay is beyond a joke!
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited September 2009
    grrrr come on sky poker... you finally have amazing growth after being so small for a while now you are listed as 1 of the top 10 poker sites on poker tube and are advertising the site more... please just sort it out so the site can cope with more players, im desperate to play poker but not going to waste my time... im on a 9 in a row streak at £3.30 dym and i want to wait till this improves before i try and nail 10 for the first time ;)
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009
    SIMPLE SHORT TERM SOLUTION SUGGESTION GET RID OF ALL THE FREE GAMES AND THE FREEROLLS AND INSTEAD MAKE THE POKER POINTS FOR CASH WORTHWHILE TO ALL PLAYERS NOT JUST HIGH ROLLERS AND PROS. EVEN IF ITS ONLY IN FREEBETS OR VEGAS CHIPS.
    IF THE SITE CANT COPE WITH 4000 PLAYERS CONCENTRATE ON THOSE WHO ARE ACTUALLY PAYING FOR THE PRIVALGE. THURDAYS SHED FREEROLL HAD 1800 PLAYERS SAW ABOUT 50 NAMES ID EVER SEEN BEFORE
  • Options
    edited September 2009

right guys bit of a news for ya...ive just been talking to one of the guys at sky in the start a chat thing, i told him how unhappy i was with whats been happening and told him that im considering playing elsewhere (i really dont want to, coz i love playing here) i made him aware of my situation of me playing in the heads up and how unplayable it was...his response....

'PLEASE DELETE TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES AND RESTART PC'.....

i then explained to him very politely that it has nothing to do with my computer and many people were experiencing the same thing....his response...

'WE HAVE FEW UNCONFIRMED REPORTS OF SKY RUNNING SLOW, ISSUE HAS BEEN RAISED BY OUR TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT'.....

i then proceeded to explain how unplayable my heads up was and asked if there was any chance of a refund...his response...

'UNFORTUNATLY EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE FEW UNCONFIRMED REPORTS OF SKY RUNNIN SLOW THERE ARE NO DISCONNECTION ISSUES DUE TO THIS I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REFUND YOU FOR THIS'....

cheers sky :-)

• Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2009
    SIMPLE SHORT TERM SOLUTION SUGGESTION GET RID OF ALL THE FREE GAMES AND THE FREEROLLS AND INSTEAD MAKE THE POKER POINTS FOR CASH WORTHWHILE TO ALL PLAYERS NOT JUST HIGH ROLLERS AND PROS. EVEN IF ITS ONLY IN FREEBETS OR VEGAS CHIPS. IF THE SITE CANT COPE WITH 4000 PLAYERS CONCENTRATE ON THOSE WHO ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING FOR THE PRIVALGE. THURDAYS SHED FREEROLL HAD 1800 PLAYERS SAW ABOUT 50 NAMES ID EVER SEEN BEFORE
    Posted by BADBOY985
    lol dont get me started on poker points badboy!!!! well put agree wiv ya;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bit cheeky trying to get a refund for a game you lost eagle... everyone is experiencing the same problem and they obviously cant give everyone a refund!
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Email CS for a refund Eagle.  That's what I've done for the last couple of nights games.

And yeah Sky should refund, as the issue is severly affecting play.  Just because everyone is experiencing it doesn't mean that Sky shouldn't claim responsibility.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh come on its a little slow... its obvious that are not going to refund everyone... that would be ridiculous. I agree it is affecting play but not severly, more frustrating than anything, also not that much time is actually being lost, a second or 2 each hand maybe. We will all get a freeroll as an apology in a couple of days and it will be forgotten, until then im just not going to play because it takes the enjoyment out.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2009
    AGREE WITH SCOTTY AND EAGLE YOUR PAYING FOR A SERVICE THAT IS NOT USABLE YOU SHOULD GET A REFUND.
    BLACKFISH IF I BOOK A PLANE FLIGHT AND IT DOESNT GET ME THERE I DONT SAY O WELL IT WAS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE I SHOULDNT GET A REFUND. IF THEY CANT GET THE SITE WORKING CLOSE IT DOWN REPAIR IT DONT KEEP CHARGING FOR IT
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh come on its a little slow... its obvious that are not going to refund everyone... that would be ridiculous. I agree it is affecting play but not severly, more frustrating than anything, also not that much time is actually being lost, a second or 2 each hand maybe. We will all get a freeroll as an apology in a couple of days and it will be forgotten, until then im just not going to play because it takes the enjoyment out.
    Posted by BlackFish3[/QUOTE

i'd say its affecting play a little bit more if your playing in a TURBOCHARGED! ...
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009

I HAVE JUST PHONES ASKING SAME QUESTION ,,THE REPLY WAS

ITS NOT OUR CONNECTION PROBLEM IT MUST BE YOUR COMPUTOR SO HENCE NO MONEY BACK!

SKY I SUGGEST YOU SEE HOW MANY COMPLAINTS IS ON HERE ABOUT UR SYSTEM

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2009

hey guys,

i'm really sorry to hear the problems are still ongoing. i know this must be very frustrating but thanks for staying patient.

if you experience any problems at all please report this to the customer care team and provide the exact details.

to get in touch click here

• Options
    edited September 2009

badboy... your analogy of the plane not getting your there... we are able to get to the end of the game of poker... think of it more as a delay, rarely do you get your money back for a delay. Fair enough eagle about it being a turbo charged heads up but if you are not getting enough hands in why would you choose to play such a fast blind structure???

I think it would be best for sky to shut the site down though and get it back running smoothly before everyone loses it lol, its also really bad how people who have contacted sky have had the performance of their computers etc blamed!!! Maybe they need to read all these posts and communicate with each other better to realise how wide spread the issue is.