You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Having Problems with the tables?

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone,

if you experience any problems that affect your ability to play at the tables please report them to our customer care team and provide the exact details.

we thank you for your patience during what must be a frustrating time.

to get in contact with customer care click here

Comments

• Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited September 2009
    Sorry Rich but customer care is a waste of time...trust me
  • Options
    edited September 2009

reporting all problems to customer care is absolutely the best way to get things sorted. by providing the exact details we then have a record of all the reported issues and a much better chance at locating the problem. please stay patient and report anything you notice.

thanks again guys

• Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited September 2009
    I did that mate, and they told me to delete temporary internet files and restart my pc...they aint interested
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Having Problems with the tables?:
    reporting all problems to customer care is absolutely the best way to get things sorted. by providing the exact details we then have a record of all the reported issues and a much better chance at locating the problem. please stay patient and report anything you notice. thanks again guys
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    1  1 ..

anyway back to the customer care scenario i mailed them twice mon,,NO REPLY,then called tonight and was told by a really unhelpful operator to switch of my sky box etc,, then was told this is not sky pokers problem!
    Its pointless trying again m8
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Having Problems with the tables?:
    Hi everyone, if you experience any problems that affect your ability to play at the tables please report them to our customer care team and provide the exact details. we thank you for your patience during what must be a frustrating time. to get in contact with customer care click here
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich,

It is the entire site and every table that is running slow. I reported it earlier and they just said they are aware of the problem. Not much point reporting each case as it is the whole site that is effected.

Probably a good idea to put a post in the forum with updates on what is happening with it and when it will be fixed.

Ed

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Rich this isnt a pop at you but so so so annoyed that most of this community cant get an answer from customer care etc,
    Sadly ive had enough now so am de registering my acc..
    Hopefully in a month or two this gets resolved until then bye bye
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited September 2009
    Rich really this is a bit poor by asking for 'exact details'

This has been happening on the entire site, cash and MTT, for a few days now.

Various people have posted on the forum about it, and every single table someone mentions it on the chat box. 

To suggest that this is an IE/Firefox/XP/Vista problem is insulting.
  • Options
    flyagaric1flyagaric1 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2009
    This happened last night also.....30 second pause after each hand is finished???

This is absolutely pathetic and makes tourneys just unplayable at times.

I get so frustrated at waiting for so long when a half decent hand comes up that i wouldnt normally play i end up playing it as i really cant be bothered to keep waiting.

I expect more from this site
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2009
    Rich this isnt a pop at you but so so so annoyed that most of this community cant get an answer from customer care etc, Sadly ive had enough now so am de registering my acc.. Hopefully in a month or two this gets resolved until then bye bye
    Posted by razorkev
    I understand your frustration Kev!

No-one has pushed Sky Poker with friends etc more than I have. I regularly play quite large buy-in events and always wear my Sky Poker goods that I have acquired.

We are all aware that Sky Poker exists around 250 or so regulars who have shown particular loyalty through thick and thin over the last couple of years while the site builds.

The ONLY improvement in recent times is the forum which has brought us 'regulars' closer together. (For which I am grateful).
    Aside of that, what have we lost? - The chance to appear 'live' in the studio and the reduction of televised MTT's.

On the one hand we are constantly promised things 'are on the way - be patient!' but on the other NO answers are forthcoming.

Despite having accounts at dozens of other sites, over the last six months I have only played at Sky believing things are on the up.

I have been a director of 2 companies in the 'service sector' over the last 14 years and I can assure you that I would not have accepted some of the things that are currently happening!

I am sure that I can speak for many 'regulars' when I say that unfullfilled promises are a waste of time.
    All we want is a site that we can rely on and dont say that something is imminent if its months or years away!

Everyone who knows me will agree that I am the most placid person around and I am the most patient person I know but dont take me for a fool!

Lets have the truth from now on and no false promises about the future!

Thanks, rant over.
    Roy

• Options
    TimboboTimbobo Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2009
    Hear Hear 
    Well said

• Options
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Having Problems with the tables? : I understand your frustration Kev! No-one has pushed Sky Poker with friends etc more than I have. I regularly play quite large buy-in events and always wear my Sky Poker goods that I have acquired. We are all aware that Sky Poker exists around 250 or so regulars who have shown particular loyalty through thick and thin over the last couple of years while the site builds. The ONLY improvement in recent times is the forum which has brought us 'regulars' closer together. (For which I am grateful). Aside of that, what have we lost? - The chance to appear 'live' in the studio and the reduction of televised MTT's. On the one hand we are constantly promised things 'are on the way - be patient!' but on the other NO answers are forthcoming. Despite having accounts at dozens of other sites, over the last six months I have only played at Sky believing things are on the up. I have been a director of 2 companies in the 'service sector' over the last 14 years and I can assure you that I would not have accepted some of the things that are currently happening! I am sure that I can speak for many 'regulars' when I say that unfullfilled promises are a waste of time. All we want is a site that we can rely on and dont say that something is imminent if its months or years away! Everyone who knows me will agree that I am the most placid person around and I am the most patient person I know but dont take me for a fool! Lets have the truth from now on and no false promises about the future! Thanks, rant over. Roy  
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    gr8 post roy another happy sky player..sort it sky
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Having Problems with the tables? : gr8 post roy another happy sky player..sort it sky
    Posted by razorkev
    I feel another 1k freeroll coming along very soon. Which will make us all feel that bit happier about what's been happening this week!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Having Problems with the tables? : I feel another 1k freeroll coming along very soon. Which will make us all feel that bit happier about what's been happening this week!
    Posted by tallboy
    woopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee NOT..
  • Options
    flyagaric1flyagaric1 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2009
    Exactly...what about the people that will not be able to attend a freeroll??

I am online with a customer rep called gareth P as we type this , told him of my problems and he didnt even bother responding and the just ended the session.

Me and my mates that play on here will be moving elsewhere
  • Options
    SPENBESPENBE Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2009

just played 4 the last 3 hours and although not perfect much better than last night UR DOING SOMETHING RIGHT BOYS 50% BETTER GET IT RIGHT AND UR STOP GETTING UR BACKSIDE CHEWED
  • Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited October 2009
    I've found this was happening since last week, I think thursday, remember talking to ozzie08 about it thursday or wednesday evening in a deepstack tournie, been like it since. ain't good that we getting these problems
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    hi guys,

again, i'm really sorry that a number of you have continued to experience problems on the poker tables. i will chase the poker team and see if i can get them to give you all an update.

thanks,

Rich
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    No problems here, I am just waiting it out til things pick up. Only thing I have noticed for a while is it's taking me ages to load up a table (maybe 2 mins) used to be 2-5 seconds. Most odd.
  • Options
    GoodReadsGoodReads Member Posts: 202
    edited October 2009
    Yeah same here, not causing major problems where im unable to play but is running slow it seems the more people that are online, not a problem as long as its not a scary or turbo tournament iv entered.

I have used 3 browsers and they all have the same "slow down" problem once 7-8pm comes around
  • Options
    DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited October 2009
    Hi - I've not experienced any problems except a few nights ago when the whole of the skybet system went down - poker and everything - I eventually went to bed and the next day it was all up ok. Checked my balance - it was zero. BIG GULP. Rang customer services, spoke to a nice guy who within a few minutes had found my money - stuck on the table where I had been when the system went down - and all was resovled, I was very impressed.

I think we can be very quick to criticise but lets not forget that Sky is unique in itself. I don't know of anywhere else where the players can actually discuss in a forum like this (and get answers direct from the provider) their problems and generally have a grumble about stuff. I know I can't when I play on other sites. 

Sky poker lays itself completely open to us the players and I think that's great that it doesn't hide. All the names at Sky want us to have a good experience when playing on the site and do take notice if there is a problem. The presenters play on the site, for work and play, and it's a great community site. 

It's unique and I like it.