You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Multi-tabling/Monitors

CrazyBen23CrazyBen23 Member Posts: 865
edited June 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Looking into getting a new monitor because i can't play more than 4 without there being a overlap lol, does anyone know how big of a monitor id need to fit say 9 tables on without there being a overlap (3 across /3 down) Or will it be a waste of time cauz sky were on about making it able for you to re-size the tables?

Comments

• belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited June 2011

I think the amount of pixels is more important than size as far as this is concerned.I think 2560 by 1600 is the most you can get and it costs.

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited June 2011
    Mini view or Standard view?
  • CrazyBen23CrazyBen23 Member Posts: 865
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Multi-tabling/Monitors:
    I think the amount of pixels is more important than size as far as this is concerned.I think 2560 by 1600 is the most you can get and it costs.
    Posted by belsibub
    Hm okay, i don't really know much about pcs lol. and for mini view, had a quick look on pc world and is this any good?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/aoc-2436swa-23-6-widescreen-lcd-monitor-04050624-pdt.html
    edited June 2011
    3x3 on

mini view would need a resolution of 1545 x 1128

standard view (no chat) would need a resolution of  2478 x 1914

standard view (with chat) would need a resolution of  3108 x 1914

3108 x 1914 isn't achievable with one monitor.

2478 x 1914 you could fit onto a QSXGA monitor, for only $7679 HERE

1545 x 1128 you could fit onto a 1920 x 1200 monitor, for only £240 HERE

So mini view on a 1920 x 1200 monitor is you best option.
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Multi-tabling/Monitors:
    In Response to Re: Multi-tabling/Monitors : Hm okay, i don't really know much about pcs lol. and for mini view, had a quick look on pc world and is this any good? http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/aoc-2436swa-23-6-widescreen-lcd-monitor-04050624-pdt.html
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    On that monitor it would look similar(ish) to THIS

The reason I say ish is that screen shot was taken in the browser client and the download client windows are a little bit smaller.

THIS would fix 3x3 mini view, although it's not the largest monitor at only 21.5"
    edited June 2011
    Okay dude cheers! Doesn't have to be 3x3, just one that can have atleast 8 tables on without any overlap lol, pc world the best place to buy them from i guess?
    edited June 2011
    It's not the best of places but it's convenient!
    edited June 2011
    Oh yeah i forgot to say, i use a laptop so would it still be okay to get a monitor?

Not sure where im gunna put the monitor like seen as i'll still have to use the keyboard or i could buy a new keyboard aswell and rest the monitor on the laptop...
    edited June 2011
    I'm guessing you can't like use it as a second monitor aswell so i'd have one rly big screen but over 2 monitors? lol
    edited June 2011
    Yes, to getting a monitor even though you use a laptop.  You can just connect it to the VGA/DVI/HDMI port on the back of the laptop.

Probably the best way to set this up is to use it in dual screen mode.  Which is basically like having 2 separate windows desktops.  You can then move windows to and from screens as you like.

Usually takes a bit of fiddling to get set up correctly though!
    edited June 2011
    Yeah thats what i've now got, is quite good :)
  • tosca21tosca21 Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2011
    the max tables i can play on my laptop is 4 even then they overlap slightly 
    are there any settings to make tables smaller

• Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited June 2011
    In Response to table sizing:
    the max tables i can play on my laptop is 4 even then they overlap slightly  are there any settings to make tables smaller
    Posted by tosca21
    At the moment no there isn't, but I understand that Sky are working on a way for tables to be resized.

Steve