You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Problems getting on the download

punxxs_13punxxs_13 Member Posts: 123
edited June 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hi all,

I had a virus a few days ago that I have got rid off. For some reason I am now unable to access the sky poker download. I have tried un-installing the download and then re-installing it. It still dosen't work however, it just says loading for a long time and nothing happens.

Can anybody please advice me on what I can do to get back on the download?

Cheers,
James

Comments

• iBLUFFiBLUFF Member Posts: 1,244
    edited June 2011
    Hi what worked for me was click ctrl alt del then start task manager, go to processes.. go down to skypoker click on it then click end process. Then it should work.

GL
  • punxxs_13punxxs_13 Member Posts: 123
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Problems getting on the download:
    Hi what worked for me was click ctrl alt del then start task manager, go to processes.. go down to skypoker click on it then click end process. Then it should work. GL
    Posted by iBLUFF

Thanks for the help.
    Couldn't find sky poker on there and it's def installed. Wish I was technically minded, not sure what to do next, hate computers! lol.
  • iBLUFFiBLUFF Member Posts: 1,244
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Problems getting on the download : Thanks for the help. Couldn't find sky poker on there and it's def installed. Wish I was technically minded, not sure what to do next, hate computers! lol.
    Posted by punxxs_13

Hmmm not sure maybe pm machka or another sky geek for some help? ;)
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited June 2011
    Do you know what virus it was ? Also what have you used to get rid of it ?

One thing to try is to download and install Adobe Air again in case it's caused some problems with this.

http://get.adobe.com/air/
    edited June 2011
    Thanks bluff I will send him a message. Any computer geek who can help me I will appreciate it. :)

Don't no what virus it was Acidman, I didn't get rid of it, I took it to a place and they fixed it. I downloaded adobe again but still no good i'm afraid, thanks anyway.
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited June 2011
    Hi James, got your PM but I'll reply here.

Which version of Windows are you running, do you have any anti-virus / firewall software running?

I'll assume you are running windows and it's a legitimate version.  The first thing I'd do is download Microsoft Security Essentials (virus checker) and run a full scan of your PC just to makes sure there is nothing lurking in the background blocking Sky Poker Download Client.

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security_essentials/default.aspx

and download it let it run and accept all the defaults.  It should install without too much trouble, update itself and then let it run a full scan of your PC.  Let it fix anything it finds.

Reboot and try the Sky Poker download client again.

If that doesn't do anything, post which version of windows you are using and I'll look at helping you check the windows firewall isn't blocking it for some reason.
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Machka,

I downloaded the virus checker and it picked up a few things and it got rid of them. Tried sky poker download again but still no luck! :(

I am on windows 7. I did have a free anti-virus software running before but i guess it was rubbish! I think I do have some firewall software on here and maybe that's the problem, it could be blocking it. I have tried changing the settings just now but still getting nowhere as I don't really no what i'm doing. Any help would be appreciated, cheers mate.

James
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited June 2011
    There's usually a list of applications on a firewall. Have a look for it and see if you can find sky poker. If you do find it change permissions to allow or something similar.

edited June 2011
    There's usually a list of applications on a firewall. Have a look for it and see if you can find sky poker. If you do find it change permissions to allow or something similar.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Done that but still no luck. Don't no whats wrong with it.
    edited June 2011
    Try this:

Click START
    In the "Search programs and files" type Firewall
    click "Windows firewall with Advanced Features"
    On the left side you have Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules - click those and then check through the center section looking for something to do with Sky Poker.
    If you see any rules disable or delete them for Sky Poker.

Try the Sky Poker download client again.

edited June 2011
    Try this: Click START In the "Search programs and files" type Firewall click "Windows firewall with Advanced Features" On the left side you have Inbound Rules and Outbound Rules - click those and then check through the center section looking for something to do with Sky Poker. If you see any rules disable or delete them for Sky Poker. Try the Sky Poker download client again.
    Posted by Machka

Thanks,
    Done this but it still won't work.
    Any other ideas? :)
    edited June 2011
    The only thing I can suggest it dropping Sky_Adam a (PM) Private Mail and hopefully he can help further.

The easiest way to do that is click THIS LINK and click the contact Sky_Adam at the bottom of his post.
    edited June 2011
    The only thing I can suggest it dropping Sky_Adam a (PM) Private Mail and hopefully he can help further. The easiest way to do that is click THIS LINK and click the contact Sky_Adam at the bottom of his post.
    Posted by Machka
    Thanks for the help Machka.

Will send him a PM later.