You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Showing card before calling.

big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
I was playing a home cash game last nite, some decent money on the table but nothing to serious. Anyway 2 people on the hand first to act goes all in on the flop. Other player turns his cards over before callin to get a reaction from the raiser, he got his info and made a correct call and won the hand.

But what is the ruling here half of us said it was ok becuase there was no more betting, but others said it wasnt allowed and the cards should have been mucked.

Wonder what you guys thought.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited October 2009
    It normally depends where you're playing Mick. Personally, I'd rather they all said if you show one card that's a fold. I don't see why you should be allowed to expose a card to get a reaction on the river when you've not been able to do it for the rest of the hand. 
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2009
    This is generally not allowed, but rules like this should be clear before the game commences.  Personally, I think this should be allowed in poker.  On another note, I think sunglasses, caps, and anything else that covers your head/face should be banned........but thats just my opinion
  • Options
    gazscoopgazscoop Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2009
    Im sure when you are heads up this is allowed, however in all other circumstances its a no no.
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Showing card before calling.:
    I was playing a home cash game last nite, some decent money on the table but nothing to serious. Anyway 2 people on the hand first to act goes all in on the flop. Other player turns his cards over before callin to get a reaction from the raiser, he got his info and made a correct call and won the hand. But what is the ruling here half of us said it was ok becuase there was no more betting, but others said it wasnt allowed and the cards should have been mucked. Wonder what you guys thought.
    Posted by big_mick12
    i've asked this question at dusk till dawn and they say its not allowed in their cardroom,so thats good enough for me....
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited October 2009
    must admit i have done this before, there was noone else to bet just me and him on the river and it was my tourney on line . i asked everone on the table if they minded before i did it and no one objected, i got the tell i was afterand won the hand. hope this doesnt make me a bad person. ps had he had glasses on, he probably would have got away with the bluff.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    This is yet ANOTHER example of why poker needs universal rules and not certain rules for each cardroom, some allow it some dont... If you play football at Old Trafford is the offside rule different to Stamford Bridge?? .. I cant believ how there are no "standard" rules yet in poker, especially as its grown so much