You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Double Your Money

dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all

Past 2 days been playing these almost exclusively (reason being my cash game has crumbled since being majorly sucked out on on 2 big hands).

Have played 32 DYM's in total cashing in 22 of them buyins from 5.50 to 33 which I think is pretty decent.

What kind of win % do you think is good for this kind of game?

Am keeping a spreadsheet of results (coz im a saddo) and will post it when reach 50

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    With you not actually "doubling your money" because of registration fees then anything in profit is good... To make them worth while in terms of making good profit i would say you need 70-75% ... Yours is 68% so very good... Keep at them,
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited October 2009
    bit like u dodgy, but my bad run is on mtt. couldnt put a foot wrong last mnth, this mnth well lets just say NOT GOOD, went back to dyms last 7 days and played 8 won 8 (5-22), think it is refreashing to have a change. hopefully this type of game will help improve my mtts as well as i was getting close to bubble way to many times and blowing it at the end. ps now i know u are running hot i will stay away from your tables. gl
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited October 2009

Depends on how many you play.

I reckon if you're cashing in more than 60% over time, then you're gonna make a very healthy profit.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009

The percentage of wins to losses ratio in your case is irrelevant. It is purely are you in profit or out of profit. The reason for this is that you do not play the same value buy in games. If you win a £30 plus £3 DYM you will be £27 in profit. If you then played 4 £5 plus 50p DYM and lost all 4 you would still be in profit to the tune of £5 with a win rate of 20%. For a percentage value to truely have any meaning in relation to profit all your tables must be of the same value. You are playing at a value where the rakes are 10% so if you played 10 £5 plus 50p games your total outlay would be £55, therefor you would need to win 6 games or 60% for a profit of just under 10%. Does this make sense??? 

• Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money:
    The percentage of wins to losses ratio in your case is irrelevant. It is purely are you in profit or out of profit. The reason for this is that you do not play the same value buy in games. If you win a £30 plus £3 DYM you will be £27 in profit. If you then played 4 £5 plus 50p DYM and lost all 4 you would still be in profit to the tune of £5 with a win rate of 20%. For a percentage value to truely have any meaning in relation to profit all your tables must be of the same value. You are playing at a value where the rakes are 10% so if you played 10 £5 plus 50p games your total outlay would be £55, therefor you would need to win 6 games or 60% for a profit of just under 10%. Does this make sense??? 
    Posted by loonytoons
    currently 136.15 up overall
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    Well done thats all that matters, leave the percentages to the tefal heads lol
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
    daz   Ive done a post about these DYM games in ( X files ) It's an  old blackjack system,

based on playing even money shots with 3 double ups  ... It needs balls to follow to the letter but it works ..

i'll do a thread at the weekend and play the system so others can follow ....

it's based on playing  with 10 units 10 x1 ...1 unit can win  8 ... i'll  look later to explain

But it looks to me as if your doing OK  without it ..

glk    it's on page 4 half way down !
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well done thats all that matters, leave the percentages to the tefal heads lol
    Posted by loonytoons

luv it ...I'll second that  :))
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    daz   Ive done a post about these DYM games in ( X files ) It's an  old blackjack system, based on playing even money shots with 3 double ups  ... It needs balls to follow to the letter but it works .. i'll do a thread at the weekend and play the system so others can follow .... it's based on playing  with 10 units 10 x1 ...1 unit can win  8 ... i'll  look later to explain But it looks to me as if your doing OK  without it .. glk    it's on page 4 half way down !
    Posted by bennydip2
    Nice one Benny would appreciate it muchly.

Think I get the gist though... after a loss up the stakes recoup and then start again from lower level.... need to get my head round the units bit but think im there :)

good man
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money : Nice one Benny would appreciate it muchly. Think I get the gist though... after a loss up the stakes recoup and then start again from lower level.... need to get my head round the units bit but think im there :) good man
    Posted by dodgydaz

NO  not after a lose up the stakes..... 

say you have 10 quid to spend + 10x 1 pound games if all games are losers

example ( the 1st gamet = lose...= -1 )

(2nd game = lose total lose now -2 )

(3rd game win = return 2 )..now next game stake  is  2

(4th game win = return 4 ) .now next game stake is  4

(5th game win = return 8 ) ... now go back to stake 1  at this stage your  5 units in front

If you had lost game 5 go back to single stakes . only double after a win and only do it  3 times

Worst case scenario is you lose 10 single straight games  = -10
    best case win all games  = return = 80

win only   2 lots  of 3 double ups  with  8  single straight loses =

+ 16 from  2lots - 8 losing   = total + 8

Not sure if this has come over the way it should ....but never double after a lose  only the 3 wins in a row
    any lose go bach to single stake 

glk

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi daz ..   right what im going to do is play some of these DYM games, and hopefully explain as we go !

..what i'll do is  put aside  55 quid ..

i'll make my base stake 5 pound +50p tax  so the games will  be 5.50 if win up to  11 00 if win up to 22 00 ...

Starting now as soon as a  5.50 is available and will post results here. ..

Maximum loss will be  10 straight losing games at 5 50

and stopping after a maximum of 10 sets of  possible 3 games per set..

results in this post over the next few days ..

The point being is this can be played by anyone with 3 pound or more to  spend , starting at 30p per unit !

Game 1 ---5.50  ...Lose
    Game 2 ---5 50  ...Lose
    Game 3 ---5 50  ...Lose .. (jeez luvin this,    lol)
    Game 4 ---5 50  ...Lose
    Game 5 ---5 50  ... Win (leg 2 = 11 00) Win (leg 3 = 22) = Lose !! (doh)

Break till tomorrow ..However as you can see had  I have won Game 5(leg 3) the return would have been 40  and total outlay from stake  is 25
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited October 2009
    'would of been 40'... this is just a gamblers way to ruin. Use the 5% rule instead of a looking for a quick return.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    Hi daz ..   right what im going to do is play some of these DYM games, and hopefully explain as we go !  ..what i'll do is  put aside  55 quid .. i'll make my base stake 5 pound +50p tax  so the games will  be 5.50 if win up to  11 00 if win up to 22 00 ... Starting now as soon as a  5.50 is available and will post results here. .. Maximum loss will be  10 straight losing games at 5 50 and stopping after a maximum of 10 sets of  possible 3 games per set.. results in this post over the next few days .. The point being is this can be played by anyone with 3 pound or more to  spend , starting at 30p per unit ! Game 1 ---5.50  ...Lose Game 2 ---5 50  ...Lose Game 3 ---5 50  ...Lose .. (jeez luvin this,    lol) Game 4 ---5 50  ...Lose Game 5 ---5 50  ... Win (leg 2 = 11 00) Win (leg 3 = 22) = Lose !! (doh) Break till tomorrow ..However as you can see had  I have won Game 5(leg 3) the return would have been 40  and total outlay from stake  is 25
    Posted by bennydip2
    I'm finding this hard to follow but I am intrigued.
    I can't see any merits to this approach but I'm happy to be convinced.

You appear to have staked £60.50 and won £30 for a nett loss of £30.50.
    If you had won Game 5 (leg 3) you would have made a nett profit of £9.50.

Your strategy appears to be based on always losing money unless you can win 3 consecutive games each of increasing difficulty (assuming higher stakes equates to a higher standard of opponent).
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ok today has been a nightmare so far.....

got chips in well ahead every time but (due to the twised ******* poker gods) only cashed in 2 of 7!!! worst run by far to date.

Not too far off the 50 now so will post soon
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money : I'm finding this hard to follow but I am intrigued. I can't see any merits to this approach but I'm happy to be convinced. You appear to have staked £60.50 and won £30 for a nett loss of £30.50. If you had won Game 5 (leg 3) you would have made a nett profit of £9.50. Your strategy appears to be based on always losing money unless you can win 3 consecutive games each of increasing difficulty (assuming higher stakes equates to a higher standard of opponent).
    Posted by MereNovice
    Hi Vince  ...NO   the stake from my starting  55 budget  is so far ..27.50  ( 5 Games )  Forget the legs 2  and 3 ..
    and at this stage the profit is NIL ..

And whoever posted    "It's a way to ruin ..gambling"   ... lol   classic  ..'your the best"  !!

The  5% Rule as you say is Boll ix unless you are a professional gambler who makes a living from gambling. The more I hear this 5% of your bankroll the more I think there's another poor so d who's heading to the dole queue going skint listening to rubbish of having a bankroll that they'll might never have !!
    (5k needed to play in a live tournament 250 game)    o'h f'ck now i'm on ' tilt'  'steaming' !!!   lool  

I'll tell the vicar when im in church on Sunday, when he gives me his horse bets to put  on !!  
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    Yawn
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty exclusive to dym games. Generally I found the best approach is to stick to your comfort zone (5% bankroll or below) and just aim to be up at the end of each week.

I tend not to look at isolated sessions but after 7 days if i havent seen a slight increase then I take a break for a while. Break even after a week if perfectly acceptable for me. I only look at having a 5 to 7% roi on these anyway

Bubble play tends to be a bit of a lottery sometimes for example, I just pushed on the button with 7's as I was down to 6 x bb. SB called and turned over 8's. Yes I got lucky and turned the seven. This happens and you have to expect it.

To show any sort of profit you MUST cash in 60% unless you go for the Richard Orford technique and play larger games after losses. Very dangerous in my opinion. This play means you have started to chase losses and ultimately playing with scared money. (this still is true even if the higher stakes fall within your own BRM.)
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Game 6  ---5 50 ...Win ( leg 2 = 11.00) Win  (leg 3 = 22 ) Win = +40
    zaxus01181£40 + 12 League Points12000 
    bennydip22£40 + 9 League Points0 
    Appleart3£400
    So at this stage  Budget was  55 start..  6 games (not including  double double legs )

6 x 5. 50 = 33 pound out ... Returns 40  at this stage = profit + 7 including tax !!

Game 7 ...back to  5.50  .. and repeat above way of  staking  for games 8 9 10 !!

glk Daz ... Vince PM me if you want more info .. glk  ..

post closed
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2009
    less rakes of £1 + £2 on game 5
    less rakes of £1 + £2 on game 6

profit +1   ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    less rakes of £1 + £2 on game 5 less rakes of £1 + £2 on game 6 profit +1   ;)
    Posted by diablo_pez

It's included in the 5+50  cost per game ... but  I see what you mean :))

The point of the thread was for players with say 3  6  or 12pound to spend for the week, a way of making money without have a so called " bankroll "  God I hate that word for small stakes  players  eeehk 

3 quid  to spend = 10 games  @ 30p a shot  

or players having a bad run of things  or..  Pro's who know what they are doing :))