You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Don't bother with Customer Care - Fault with software.

JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
edited June 2011 in Community Help & Advice

19:45:05 Initial Question/Comment: I was registered into the wrong game
19:45:10 Sky Byron B has joined this session!
19:45:10 Connected with Sky Byron B
19:45:10 Hi, you're chatting to Sky Byron B, I'll be assisting you today
19:45:18 178578
19:46:00 What do you mean sorry?
19:46:53 Hi - I registered into the £5.50 DYM just after 7pm via the download but the £5.50 scary popped up instead
19:47:46 I only play the DYM's and set the filters to NL Hold EM DYMs
19:48:01 I played 5 other DYM's at same time which registered fine
19:49:25 That is not possible unless a player enters into this on his own action. our system is not designed to make choices for players.
19:51:18 Well I registered for 6 dyms as usual (you can see my past history last couple of months - I only play DYMs) but the 1st table which popped up was scary. I had set the filters to NL hold em DYM's before I registered as usual.
19:52:08 This happened once before a couple of months back but I didn't report it that time
19:52:15 Also, I have reviewed the hand for that game and regrettably, we will not be refunding you for that game as you were able to play it, you went all in on the first hand. Unfortunately, because you were able to play and because you chose to play the game, no refunds will be issued.
19:52:31 I didn't choose to play it
19:53:16 You went all in,
19:54:00 Yes because it was the wrong game - I didnt want to play it
19:54:35 I six table at the same time so I wouldn't be able to concentrate on it because it is different tactics to DYM
19:54:50 You advised in your incoming statement that you registered for the wrong game, it is the players responsibility to ensure that they are registered for a game which they wish to play. We do not refund players for games which they have registered incorrectly for I'm afraid. I have spoken to my supervisor regarding this as well and no refund will be issued.
19:55:15 I didn't report it last time because I played the whole game but there is definitely error in the software
19:57:48 I didnt register for the wrong game (and didn't say that either) - the wrong game came up, it has happened before also.
20:02:01 The wrong game cannot come up I'm afraid. If that was possible, not only your self would be affected. Also, you should have come to us immediately at the time of the incident to report it, but instead you played the hand dealt and went all in. It is with regret, that upon review of the hand as well as the fact that the system cannot seat a player into a game which they do not choose or do not want to play, that no refunds will be credited.
20:02:26 Is there anything else I can help you with today?
20:04:06 I tried to report it straight away but the live chat link wouldn't come up and I couldn't get through on the phone - I then got through to someone on live chat a bit later but had to concentrate on the other games so that session ended before I could report it - I waited until I finished the games and then reported it straight away.
20:05:24 The last time it happened was slightly different because it was after I had finished a DYM and then it gave me the option to register for another DYM which I did but a scary (or different stt) came up instead but I like I said I played that game and didnt report it
20:06:24 so there is a glitch there obviously
20:08:37 As per the above, no refund will be issued I'm afraid
20:10:41 So you don't care that there is a problem with the software? This chat is costing me more than the £5.50, I've got over 2000 cash for points already this month and I would be using all time to be 6tabling as normal - I think it's important that the prob is fixed and doesn't happen again.
20:12:22 If this was a site issue or a software issue, a great deal of many other players would be affected, this would not be an individual scenario as the software is used by many players. We regularly check the site for issues to ensure that if any issues do come up, that they are raised with our technical team.
20:14:21 Well I'm surprised that I'm the only one that's reported it then - to be fair I play hundreds of DYM and it's only happened twice now that I can remember so it doesn't happen often but there must be a minor glitch which needs to be looked at
20:18:48 If this happens again, please do take a screen shot so that we may submit this to our technical team for review. And so that they may try to replicate this. I understand that you play many tournaments but if this was a glitch, I know from experience that every player will be affected and they would come into chat to advise us of this. In future, if you register for a game by accident, rather come straight to us. You said earlier that you couldn't get hold of us on chat, we haven't had any down time, other players were able to contact us. You could also have sent an email or called us on our free phone if you were unable to contact us immediately.
20:19:33 However, as I advised earlier in this chat, there are no poker issues and a server glitch will not affect just one player. Any and all players playing poker, registering for tournaments will have been affected.
20:24:04 As I said before I did try to call you but couldn't get through - I then had to wait until my other games had finished (i had five other games going at same time as I also said so had to concentrate on those) and then reported as soon as those had finished - Normally I would keep playing for another 4 hours or so but stopped my session asap (didn't register for any more games) and reported it asap - but you clearly don't want to help or listen to what I have to say which is why I have to keep repeating myself. It's ok I wont bother in future.
20:26:44 It's not that I don't listen or that I don't want to help you, I reviewed the hand for the game which you say you did not register for, you went all in, directly influencing a game in another players favour. Unfortunately, by you going all in, is deemed to be you played. You chose to play when you could have closed the game down. I'm afraid we are going around in circles as I have advised you we will not credit you for a game you successfully played.

Comments

• AMYBRAMYBR Member Posts: 3,432
    edited June 2011
    TBF there's been a number of times where my browser hasnt opened the table and my buy in has been instantly re funded, which I think is more than most sites would do.

Havent read all the dialogue but it sounds like you actually played the MTT right?

If you won could they confiscate the money on this basis?  If you played it, even w/out realising due to multi Ting, I dont really see how you expect a refund?

Hope it works out for you though.
  • SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited June 2011
    obv they dnt talk 2 eachova @ cc, honestly either their internal communication is beyond shocking, or they just decide to use the same old excuse time and time again

several people have reported this, inc me!
  • iBLUFFiBLUFF Member Posts: 1,244
    edited June 2011
    I have this problem all the time, but i manage to spot it before i reg. I agree with shanxta there has to be a glitch.
  • iBLUFFiBLUFF Member Posts: 1,244
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Don't bother with Customer Care - Fault with software.:
    obv they dnt talk 2 eachova @ cc, honestly either their internal communication is beyond shocking, or they just decide to use the same old excuse time and time again several people have reported this, inc me!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    +1, no disrespect but the CC is alot of **** they dont even listen to you they deny everything then end the chat on you.
  • AJW1976AJW1976 Member Posts: 295
    edited June 2011
    why not just use the browser?? thats what they made them for right? dont bother downloading the software becos it has backed privilage access to harddrive data just like fulltilt does and absolute does.

it then proceeds to send all the spam and advertising links down that harddrive where it gets corrupted...And I wont even go into detail about how the little anti-fraud snare device works..

I have also noticed that with fulltilt the company although the site ip address is on ssl port 443 secure the updates come down a different port access with an unencripted mode of connection..So I would be wary that although sky have ssl secure on 1 port they could quite easily have access to more than this 1 port for downloading the software /updates adverts etc ..

To be safer ure better off just logging in through the web browser...You can take that from someone who has experience in these issues.
  • AJW1976AJW1976 Member Posts: 295
    edited June 2011
    depends on what computer u use as well as configuration is a major factor when downloadinbg anything.If its not configured properly or not up to date etc then You may experience several issues.