You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ascot tuesday

chrispipchrispip Member Posts: 342
edited June 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

Off to ascot on tuesday but mainly follow the jumpers so not a clue about most of the
     horses on show.Any ideas,info,insight welcome.

Many thanks,  Phil'o.

Comments

• Options
    moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited June 2011
    Your in for a treat the first day always seems to be the best day..Heres what im doing on day1

Race 1 Canford Cliffs & Goldikova..Flip a coin heads Canford cliffs & tails Goldikova..In my mind i would want the coin to land on tails though i love this horse..

Race 2 looks a minefield all the best sprinters running over 5f..I would go with a few against the field...Bridgetown, Overdose & Monsieur Chevalier all at double figure prices..With my preference for Bridgetown the american raider..It has won over a mile and has lightning speed over 5f so could burn them all off from the front..

Race 3 Frankel Frankel Frankel superstar horse..Can win from the back can win from the front will be very suprised if anything in the field is good enough to lower his colours...

Race 4 Trumpet Major & St Barths both at 16/1 & 20/1...R hannon has a great record in this race & stable jock opts for Trumpet Major was unlucky on its debut and won impressivly next time out..Both need to raise there game to beat the market leaders but are worth a go at the prices..

Race 5 Have a few beers and watch the race

Race 6 count your winnings and head home after having a great hopefully rain free day..
  • Options
    SighKOSighKO Member Posts: 329
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Ascot tuesday:
    Your in for a treat the first day always seems to be the best day..Heres what im doing on day1 Race 1 Canford Cliffs & Goldikova ..Flip a coin heads Canford cliffs & tails Goldikova..In my mind i would want the coin to land on tails though i love this horse.. Race 2 looks a minefield all the best sprinters running over 5f..I would go with a few against the field... Bridgetown, Overdose & Monsieur Chevalier all at double figure prices..With my preference for Bridgetown the american raider..It has won over a mile and has lightning speed over 5f so could burn them all off from the front.. Race 3 Frankel Frankel Frankel  superstar horse..Can win from the back can win from the front will be very suprised if anything in the field is good enough to lower his colours... Race 4 Trumpet Major & St Barths  both at 16/1 & 20/1...R hannon has a great record in this race & stable jock opts for Trumpet Major was unlucky on its debut and won impressivly next time out..Both need to raise there game to beat the market leaders but are worth a go at the prices.. Race 5 Have a few beers and watch the race Race 6 count your winnings and head home after having a great hopefully rain free day..
    Posted by moonooo

Well summed up mate

Although I think Campanology is a bit better than he is shown..28-1 is too big in the Coventry..4th race
    World Domination runs in a gr2 on Fri me thinks
  • Options
    moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited June 2011
    Yea thanks it will be interesting to see how World Domination gets on again after dissapointing last time out..Just watched the replay of Campanologys debut beat the rest of the field easily but just looked like he bumped into a good 1...Richard Hills is on the favourite for the Coventry that gives the outsiders an even better chance lol..

Hope you were on Pour Moi in the Derby i see you mention it in 1 of your messages..Great turn of foot from the clouds to get up...Whats your best bet of the week m8..I really like Shumoos in the Queen Mary on Wednesday..1 of the most impresive winners of a maiden ive ever seen..And B Meehan hardly ever has first time out winners unless there really decent..If you havent seen its debut take a look at the replay on the sporting life website im sure you will be impressed...Gl for the week hope its a profitable 1..
  • Options
    SighKOSighKO Member Posts: 329
    edited June 2011

Just watched Shumoos, how did Kelly manage to get in so much trouble???? Easy as you like tho, vv impresive, 17-2 sp ... wish I had connections at Meehans stable, he is so long overdue some decent horses, and he certainly has one there.

Looked at Campanology again as well, and just wonder if it has the speed for 6f, definetly will improve for step up in distance.

I will be looking at the American trained horses.... Ward says he has a better string than 2 years ago!! Can't believe that, remember Jealous again?  If he gets one tomorrow then all his others will be backed off the boards 

Some real good racing tho  

Be lucky mate

• Options
    UkjoeUkjoe Member Posts: 1,291
    edited June 2011

Wait till Mondays over
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Got A tip for Ascot
  • Options
    edited June 2011

1 Tip is wear atop hat and bet numbers

2 Eat and drink

3 Take up gambling

4 Buy lots of newspapers and look at lots of different tipsters
  • Options
    chrispipchrispip Member Posts: 342
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Ascot tuesday:
    Your in for a treat the first day always seems to be the best day..Heres what im doing on day1 Race 1 Canford Cliffs & Goldikova ..Flip a coin heads Canford cliffs & tails Goldikova..In my mind i would want the coin to land on tails though i love this horse.. Race 2 looks a minefield all the best sprinters running over 5f..I would go with a few against the field... Bridgetown, Overdose & Monsieur Chevalier all at double figure prices..With my preference for Bridgetown the american raider..It has won over a mile and has lightning speed over 5f so could burn them all off from the front.. Race 3 Frankel Frankel Frankel  superstar horse..Can win from the back can win from the front will be very suprised if anything in the field is good enough to lower his colours... Race 4 Trumpet Major & St Barths  both at 16/1 & 20/1...R hannon has a great record in this race & stable jock opts for Trumpet Major was unlucky on its debut and won impressivly next time out..Both need to raise there game to beat the market leaders but are worth a go at the prices.. Race 5 Have a few beers and watch the race Race 6 count your winnings and head home after having a great hopefully rain free day..
    Posted by moonooo
    Nice one moo,1st & 3rd races are ones to savour,i'll keep an eye on your longer priced ones.
    Only solid bet i've worked out so far is Gatepost.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

As the song goes

Bring in the girls
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited June 2011
    Working early tommorrow hopefully back in time for the first going for these.

2.30 Goldikova 11/8
    3.05 Kingsgate Native 8/1 e.w.
    3.45 Wooton Basset 16/1 e.w. (yes i know Frankel will win but I dont bet big enough to make 1/3 worth backing)
    4.25 Power 5/1
    5.00 Ashbrittle 10/1 e.w
    5.35 Gentlemens Code 6/1
  • Options
    edited June 2011

All based on nonsense
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited June 2011
    15.05A   Kingsgate Native
                 Sole Power

16.25     Roman Soldier
                 Italo

17.00    Veiled
                Tyrell's Wood
                Desert Sea
                 Plymouth Rock

17.30    Hamza
                Monnoyer
                Gentlemens Code

Because of the quality of racing at ascot, I like to bet a couple in each race and have a run for my money
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited June 2011
    My other bet today is:
    14.30 A  Canford Cliffs
    15.45 A   Frankel
    13.45 T   First Bid
    16.05 T   Pelmanism
    19.15 NA  Temple Place
    19.45 NA  Bermuda Boy

50p win lucky 63
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited June 2011
    junior 5 o clock ascot did me a turn at the festival hpefully again 2day
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2011
    canford cliffs
    frankel
    mezmaar
    In a treble it pays 15/1

Kingsgate Native at 8/1 ew

Veiled straight win.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited June 2011
    £5 on the above trebble.....

Also e/w L15 on.....

3.05 - Sweet Sanette - 14/1

3.45 - Grand Prix Boss - 20/1

4.25 - Roman Soldier - 14/1

5.00 - Plymouth Rock - 16/1

edit - got 24/1 on that trebble...... :S ^^^^^
  • Options
    steve63steve63 Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Ascot tuesday:
          Off to ascot on tuesday but mainly follow the jumpers so not a clue about most of the      horses on show.Any ideas,info,insight welcome.                             Many thanks,  Phil'o.
    Posted by chrispip
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited June 2011
    2.30 is two horse race, you can bet Canford cliffs and Goldikova and still make a profit esp 6-4 and 7-4 now. I cant get off Goldikova.

Can we beleive simon crisford, Commissar 14-1 , one of our best chances of the week, 4.25.

For what its worth

Goldikova 2.30
    War artist 3.05
    FRANKEL 3.45
    Commissar 4.25
    Junior 5.00
    Frederick engels 5.35
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2011
    Ive backed Hughes at 8/1 and Murtagh 14/1 for the ascot top jockey.
  • Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited June 2011
    2.30 - Canford Cliffs 6/4
    3.05 - Monseiur cavalier 20/1
    3.45 - Zoffany 25/1
    4.25 - Fulbright 20/1
    5.00 - Plymouth Rock 16/1
    5.35 - Stonefield Flyer 12/1

Shaz
    xxx