You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

LAGGY?

splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
edited June 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Any1 else finding the download laggy tonight?

Just wanna make sure its not my end.

Comments

• Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited June 2011
    I have been playing for a few hours and haven't noticed any lag
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: LAGGY?:
    I have been playing for a few hours and haven't noticed any lag
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    thanks mate, yeh it was a website i was running that was slowing it down.
  • AJW1976AJW1976 Member Posts: 295
    edited June 2011
    If your playing on a poker server site you shouldnt be running anything other than the poker client ..too much cpu usage can get u dissconnected or may even end up shutting down unexpectedly.. gl.xx

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited June 2011
    If your playing on a poker server site you shouldnt be running anything other than the poker client ..too much cpu usage can get u dissconnected or may even end up shutting down unexpectedly.. gl.xx
    Posted by AJW1976

Not true unless your pc isn't upto much spec wise.

Obviously if you're downloading or streaming anything whilst playing it will use bandwidth that you need for playing online games.

edited June 2011
    I still wouldnt be opening up any more browsers or any other stuff whilst playing ..Thats coming from a techincal support team who have tirelessly looked into some problesm I had with another siite.

And I think I know why,..when you run multiple programs or sites there is a chance the sky poker game can become more laggy ,more slower .One thing i noticed is that my tempory internet file folder fills up very fast too doesnt sky agree that we should be keeping these clear at all times ??

I was just told that other running proccesses can cause your poker game to be affected thats all.
    Im not an expert but I have sought the best advice and help needed to alleviate any issues Ive had in the past and it certainly helps my game no end.

Even a refresh to the poker server client must be enabled whilst breaks can help..That is I guess why people recconnect/dissconnect so often on other sites.,so that you have a fresh clean connection.
  • kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited June 2011
    I still wouldnt be opening up any more browsers or any other stuff whilst playing ..Thats coming from a techincal support team who have tirelessly looked into some problesm I had with another siite. And I think I know why,..when you run multiple programs or sites there is a chance the sky poker game can become more laggy ,more slower .One thing i noticed is that my tempory internet file folder fills up very fast too doesnt sky agree that we should be keeping these clear at all times ?? I was just told that other running proccesses can cause your poker game to be affected thats all. Im not an expert but I have sought the best advice and help needed to alleviate any issues Ive had in the past and it certainly helps my game no end. Even a refresh to the poker server client must be enabled whilst breaks can help..That is I guess why people recconnect/dissconnect so often on other sites.,so that you have a fresh clean connection.
    Posted by AJW1976
    Total nonsense!!
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: LAGGY? : Total nonsense!!
    Posted by kb245
    IS NOT NONSENSE U DOUCHE U HAVENT PLAYED POKER ONLINE AT ALL HAVE YOU!!!!....

AK YOURSELF THIS ON FULLTILT DONT PEOPLE CONSTANTLY DISSCONNECT /RECONNECT???

PROOF THAT REFRESHED CONNECTION CAN ENHANCE A PLAYERS GAME WHETHER IT BE ON SKY OR ANY OTHER POKER CLIENT.

THATS AN OLD TRICK ANYWAY !.......BTW HOW CAN U DELETE ALL THE TEMP INTERNET FILES/AND THE 1 PERSISTANT COOKIE FILE ON YOUR TEMP INTERNET FILES ALL THE WHILE PLAYING ON SKY? YOU CANT ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO CLEAR THEM AS THEY KEEP COMING BACK...

ENCRIPTION IS ANOTHER KETLE OF FISH TOO U WANNA START ME ON THAT CONVO KB???

WE CAN ALSO TALK  ABOUT ENCRIPTION METHODS ON ALL TYPES OF WEB BROWSERS FOR THE SKY POKER LETS SEE HOW YOU GET ON WITH THAT..

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited June 2011
    Temp internet files will keep filling up again when ever you're browsing online.

If you've got a decent pc with a decent internet connection then having web browsers open whilst you're playing won't cause any problems.

Obviously if you start streaming music, videos or start downloading files then this can cause some problems.

No idea what you're on about encryption for, everything seems ok here for me.
  • kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: LAGGY? : IS NOT NONSENSE U DOUCHE U HAVENT PLAYED POKER ONLINE AT ALL HAVE YOU!!!!.... AK YOURSELF THIS ON FULLTILT DONT PEOPLE CONSTANTLY DISSCONNECT /RECONNECT??? PROOF THAT REFRESHED CONNECTION CAN ENHANCE A PLAYERS GAME WHETHER IT BE ON SKY OR ANY OTHER POKER CLIENT. THATS AN OLD TRICK ANYWAY !.......BTW HOW CAN U DELETE ALL THE TEMP INTERNET FILES/AND THE 1 PERSISTANT COOKIE FILE ON YOUR TEMP INTERNET FILES ALL THE WHILE PLAYING ON SKY? YOU CANT ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO CLEAR THEM AS THEY KEEP COMING BACK... ENCRIPTION IS ANOTHER KETLE OF FISH TOO U WANNA START ME ON THAT CONVO KB??? WE CAN ALSO TALK  ABOUT ENCRIPTION METHODS ON ALL TYPES OF WEB BROWSERS FOR THE SKY POKER LETS SEE HOW YOU GET ON WITH THAT..
    Posted by AJW1976
    dont know never played poker online before!! encryption ??whats all that about then??