You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

GOLF BET complaint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spudgun720spudgun720 Member Posts: 88
edited June 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
I placed a bet with sky on Saturday night on Harrison Frazar to win the St Jude Classic Live (us golf) 7/2

gets home on Sunday the final round has started its 9pm I check my golf bet he is one behind in a theoritical 2 horse race he is priced @ 11/4 never won in 13 years on the PGA against 12 time europeon winner Karrlson so i thought 11/4 was a good reflection of a price.
So I place another £100 @ 11/4 as per usual there was a little timer clock while the online server checked & accepted my bet, feeling lucky I decided to put another £100 wile the price was (as i felt at the time in my favour) 
one hour later when they were playing the last two holes & both level & clear of the field my bets were refunded, I called up & they stated they had a server issue when i placed the bets.
of course after 3 play off holes my golfer won
I basically put £260 on at 11/4 & they accepted my bets do I have a case

thanks

Mick

Comments

• Options
    ste1722ste1722 Member Posts: 299
    edited June 2011
    thats harsh you bet live in running play that why the timer comes up think sky should pay out or not of accepted the bet in the 1st place. and that loyalty bet where they give you a free bet is also not that great i do accumulator bets and when you get a free bet its a single only sky they need to sort there s h i t out as there are other sites. i only use it due to playing poker 
  • Options
    shazallinshazallin Member Posts: 558
    edited June 2011
    If he had lost the play off would you be offering to give sky the £260 you put on??

Thats what they will say.

A few people seem to be having issues with skybet recently, I tend to do most of my betting else where, as to your question i dont think you will get anything, ive read about this sort of thing before, but certainly worth a try.

Shaz
    xxx
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: GOLF BET complaint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    If he had lost the play off would you be offering to give sky the £260 you put on?? Thats what they will say. A few people seem to be having issues with skybet recently, I tend to do most of my betting else where, as to your question i dont think you will get anything, ive read about this sort of thing before, but certainly worth a try. Shaz xxx
    Posted by shazallin
    I know what you are saying Shaz but would they of given him his money back,thats the question.I had a problem last night with a different bet and when I asked customer services are they paying on the result or voiding the bet I was told no comment yet.WTF!!Its a simple question if there is a problem void all bets or pay all bets.I even asked are they waiting to see if the bet wins first before making their mind up(tongue in cheek)but was again told no comment.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited June 2011
    Very unlucky Spudgun. I would keep on persisting with this because you deserve the money.

SkyBet are awful.
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited June 2011
    put your bets on with bet fair or other sites,DISGRACE
  • Options
    LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
    edited June 2011
    the answer to your question is simple.....STOP BETTING ON THIS SITE,WORSE FOR VALUE AND CUSTOMER CARE
    THAT I'VE EVER SEEN!!!
  • Options
    ROL-ROCKSROL-ROCKS Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2011
    Same thing happened to me.I will not bet or play poker on sky again.I'm finished with this site.