You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky isn't so bad you know

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all, I've had a few days off the poker (not been too well....all say Awww!) and there were some lag issues anyway with the site so I had a rest. Anyway, last night I decided to have a game of proper bingo on another site in a mega $3 rebuy $50k mtt. It was a mega field of over 7000 runners and final pool of $70k 'ish. I played very well by my standards and after avoiding bad beats like you wouldn't believe for nearly 7 hours I finally got taken out with, I think, just over a hundred players left. My rewards for 7 hrs hard graft was $96 or about £10 an hour.

There's been a fair bit of moaning about Sky recently but you know something......it's not half bad, in fact it's very good. I'll be in something on Sky tonight, I couldn't face another marathon.

Comments

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
     "Ain't that the truth" ..  nice one Elsa,   to be honest yes I love those marathon LIVE games but  online ...forget it !!

It depends on someones life style as to what they like in the way of online tournaments, but  3 hrs suits me fine..

well done on cashing   :))
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Sky isn't so bad you know:
    Hi all, I've had a few days off the poker (not been too well....all say Awww!) and there were some lag issues anyway with the site so I had a rest. Anyway, last night I decided to have a game of proper bingo on another site in a mega $3 rebuy $50k mtt. It was a mega field of over 7000 runners and final pool of $70k 'ish. I played very well by my standards and after avoiding bad beats like you wouldn't believe for nearly 7 hours I finally got taken out with, I think, just over a hundred players left. My rewards for 7 hrs hard graft was $96 or about £10 an hour. There's been a fair bit of moaning about Sky recently but you know something......it's not half bad, in fact it's very good. I'll be in something on Sky tonight, I couldn't face another marathon.
    Posted by elsadog
    WELL DONE ELSA WHY NOT GO IN THE ORFORDABLE 2NITE,IF SO SEE YA THERE AND GL
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky isn't so bad you know:
     "Ain't that the truth" ..  nice one Elsa,   to be honest yes I love those marathon LIVE games but  online ...forget it !! It depends on someones life style as to what they like in the way of online tournaments, but  3 hrs suits me fine.. well done on cashing   :))
    Posted by bennydip2
    I totally agree. The fact that you can play a 600 player tournament in under 3hrs is the reason i play here. I don't have the patience or time for 8hr tournys.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    A good point there, however if you had ran deeper the rewards of a 7k runner tournie woulda been clear :)

But I think that the Sky tournies are in general very well structured.  I too have little patience and find the length of the Open/Primo perfect.

However when I want to try and take a shot at the big moniez I load up 'stars cos their tournies are good too :)

Sky has a very unique corner in the market, and should play to its strengths.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009

Yes the time scales and structures on Sky are about right in my opinion. For someone younger and fitter than me the marathon mtt's are ok, but I was completely shattered this morning and to be honest it just isn't worth it....for me.

Will be in the 9pm tonight I think.

• Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited October 2009
    That's the one thing that I think sets us apart from a lot of the other playing sites. Most of us have families, social lives, jobs to get up for the next day, so being able to have a major score in a tournament which is all wrapped up by midnight seems perfect to me. Wading through thousands of Americans to come 97th out of a gazillion players for $18 is fun and all that...

That and you've got Tikay. Priceless.