You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Minimum withdrawl???

daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Sorry if this has been posted but just tried to withdraw a fiver and been told the new minimum withdrawl is £10!?

Won't be gone forever but Sky will get alot less of my trade if this is permanent. Know this won't really affect what must have been a calculated move but god man, so frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    a fiver ?? whats the point of withdrawing that ?? however if you can deposit a fiver i think its a disgrace.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Minimum withdrawl???:
    Sorry if this has been posted but just tried to withdraw a fiver and been told the new minimum withdrawl is £10!? Won't be gone forever but Sky will get alot less of my trade if this is permanent. Know this won't really affect what must have been a calculated move but god man, so frustrating.
    Posted by daveydavey
    I'm sure Sky Rich will come on and confirm this but i'm pretty sure it used to be 10p.

To be fair to Sky, everytime they process a deposit or a withdrawl their are bank charges to be paid. By increasing the minimum withdrawl to a tenner will ultimately save them a lot of time and money.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What's the point in withdrawing a fiver? It's money managment and i've done very well out of it. I withdraw the money as and when I win it and always make sure I cover my deposits as soon as possible and make it a priority. I am a student and rely on taking £50/60 off here as it comes so withdrawing a £20 a day in £5's is important to me even if it isn't to you.

You can still deposit a fiver but you can't withdraw it. I understand there are costs but at least make the deposit/withdrawl equal. Either way, one of the main reasons I am with sky is the flexibile deposit and withdraw functions and now this has changed I've got no big pull factor.

Will probably stay around because I am OK succesful on here. Just think the deposit/withdraw limits should be equal and as a personal preference think minimum withdrawl should be a fiver.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    your a student??? i hope you not getting any grants and using it on here
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    I wonder if the new minimum that has been introduced has anything to do with a friend of mine who withdrew his BR in  batches of .10p.

how much did that cost Sky to process.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    If you're withdrawing £20 a day, it makes no sense to withdraw it in £5 chunks unless you get interest by the hour?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Minimum withdrawl???:
    If you're withdrawing £20 a day, it makes no sense to withdraw it in £5 chunks unless you get interest by the hour?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Obviously this was not routine or reliable. Sometimes I would, sometimes I wouldn't. I don't need to justify it to anybody and I will leave it that it helped me alot to be able to withdraw smaller amounts of money.

Good luck to sky, it's obviously a minority of players that this will affect. Just will probs move back to PS as it's 6 and two 3's again now. Again, not trying to influence anybody, just for whom this was a pull factor it probs isn't anymore.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Minimum withdrawl???:
    In Response to Re: Minimum withdrawl??? : Obviously this was not routine or reliable. Sometimes I would, sometimes I wouldn't. I don't need to justify it to anybody and I will leave it that it helped me alot to be able to withdraw smaller amounts of money. Good luck to sky, it's obviously a minority of players that this will affect. Just will probs move back to PS as it's 6 and two 3's again now. Again, not trying to influence anybody, just for whom this was a pull factor it probs isn't anymore.
    Posted by daveydavey
    I really fail to see what the big differnce between a fiver and a tenner is.

If they had changed it to 100 minimum then I understand but if you are a winning player then it shouldn't matter about how often you withdraw.

The balance of your account doesn't change your ability nor does it change your equity in any pot when you are playing poker. 

It might be some kind of weird psychological mindset but that is an issue that will always be there no matter if you are about to withdraw fivers or not.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited October 2009
    Im a student as well but i dont think you should be spending your student loan on gambling. If you are taking it out in fives (4 a day) why not just take it out in one go??? I use the money i make on poker instead of getting a job so it pays for my social life.