You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf 30th June - 3rd July

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited July 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Lets see if I can do 2 in a row.. :-)

AT&T

Ryan Moore £10 to win @ 18/1. Been so close lately, playing really well and in a very positive mindset. Not worth going e/w on an 18/1 shot so gone just for the win.

Brian Davis £5 e/w @ 66/1. In good form, consistantly making the cut, played well at the travellers, 66/1 is too high IMO.

Open De France

Robert Rock £5 e/w @ 50/1. This guy would be my main tip this week. Won the week before the US Open, then played well in the open itself even on no sleep. Had last week off and should be fresh and in with a great shout. 50/1 is far too long and great value here!!

Raphael Jacquelin £5 e/w @ 66/1. Too good to right off, and with it being in his home nation I would be suprised if he wasn't challenging. Again 66/1 is too long!

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited June 2011
    Ok here's mine....

Too hot and bothered to do a write up.
    EventPickOddsStake
    AT&T NationalBill Haas35/1£2 e/w
    AT&T NationalCarl Pettersson50/1£2 e/w
    Open de FranceAlvaro Quiros28/1£2 e/w
    Open de FranceThomas Bjorn125/1£2 e/w
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Golf 30th June - 3rd July:
    Lets see if I can do 2 in a row.. :-) AT&T Ryan Moore £10 to win @ 18/1 . Been so close lately, playing really well and in a very positive mindset. Not worth going e/w on an 18/1 shot so gone just for the win. Brian Davis £5 e/w @ 66/1. In good form, consistantly making the cut, played well at the travellers, 66/1 is too high IMO. Open De France Robert Rock £5 e/w @ 50/1. This guy would be my main tip this week. Won the week before the US Open, then played well in the open itself even on no sleep. Had last week off and should be fresh and in with a great shout. 50/1 is far too long and great value here!! Raphael Jacquelin £5 e/w @ 66/1. Too good to right off, and with it being in his home nation I would be suprised if he wasn't challenging. Again 66/1 is too long!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I agree with you that he will probably do well, but i cant forgive him for missing that tiny putt on the 72nd hole to take it to a play-off. He's in my bad books for a while now. Naughty Ryan!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf 30th June - 3rd July:
    In Response to Golf 30th June - 3rd July : I agree with you that he will probably do well, but i cant forgive him for missing that tiny putt on the 72nd hole to take it to a play-off. He's in my bad books for a while now. Naughty Ryan!
    Posted by splashies
    He's in my good books for that :-)
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited June 2011
    Open de France £2 on Simon Dyson at 119/1
                          £2 on Chris Wood at 89/1
                          £2 on Steve Webster at 329/1 

Yank Tour         £1.50 Ew on Rickie Fowler (Top 5)  at 40/1
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Golf 30th June - 3rd July:
    Lets see if I can do 2 in a row.. :-) AT&T Ryan Moore £10 to win @ 18/1 . Been so close lately, playing really well and in a very positive mindset. Not worth going e/w on an 18/1 shot so gone just for the win. Brian Davis £5 e/w @ 66/1. In good form, consistantly making the cut, played well at the travellers, 66/1 is too high IMO. Open De France Robert Rock £5 e/w @ 50/1. This guy would be my main tip this week. Won the week before the US Open, then played well in the open itself even on no sleep. Had last week off and should be fresh and in with a great shout. 50/1 is far too long and great value here!! Raphael Jacquelin £5 e/w @ 66/1. Too good to right off, and with it being in his home nation I would be suprised if he wasn't challenging. Again 66/1 is too long!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    U,ve just talked me into spending another £4   You can make a case for a lot of these players but with a week off Robert Rock has to be considered on recent form

managed to get £2 to win at 64/1 and waiting on Jaquelin to go out to 89/1 ,  otherwise i,ll take 84/1 tommorow

When do the T off times come out for the European Tour and yank tour as its worth looking at the weather predictions to see if the early starters or late starters will gain andvantages

i remember a few years ago in The Open it lashed it down all afternoon and the wind got up (on a lynx course) and the average score dropped by about 7 shots

• Options
    edited June 2011
    No wonder tiger went out in the betting (done that on the exchanges so might not get money back if he pulls out )- he might not even be playing - he cant even walk properly

a cpl more bets - Yank Tour

C Howell £1 EW 45/1
    J Dufner  £2 win 69/1

Open da france 

£3 win on Mannasero at 20/1
    £1.25 EW  D Horsey 66/1
    A Hansen £1 EW 35/1

1st round leader A hansen £2 at 54/1

Thats definately it for now 
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No wonder tiger went out in the betting (done that on the exchanges so might not get money back if he pulls out )- he might not even be playing - he cant even walk properly a cpl more bets - Yank Tour C Howell £1 EW 45/1 J Dufner  £2 win 69/1 Open da france  £3 win on Mannasero at 20/1 £1.25 EW  D Horsey 66/1 A Hansen £1 EW 35/1 1st round leader A hansen £2 at 54/1 Thats definately it for now 
    Posted by MP33
    I thought u said last week you wished you had copied my bets? I really like the look of my main 3 bets. Bjorn is just an outside shot.

I just fancy Quiros this week coz players will be hitting long irons to most greens, and with his length he can take 1 or 2 clubs less than most of the field, hence he should be more accurate.

Actually scrap that, i have put the mockers on it now :P
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf 30th June - 3rd July : I thought u said last week you wished you had copied my bets? I really like the look of my main 3 bets. Bjorn is just an outside shot. I just fancy Quiros this week coz players will be hitting long irons to most greens, and with his length he can take 1 or 2 clubs less than most of the field, hence he should be more accurate. Actually scrap that, i have put the mockers on it now :P
    Posted by splashies
    I was tempted by Quiros this week as well... Trouble is with him, he may be closer but he is often in the rough or the trees...
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited June 2011
    yanks

Nick Watney @ 14/1 £3 e/w

ryan moore @ 20/1 £3 e/w not sky

euro

matteo manassero @ 18/1 £2 e/w

francesco molinari @ 20/1 £2 e/w

joost luiten @ 33/1 £2 e/w not sky

joost luiten @ 5/4 £20 finish top 20

be lucky

achill

• Options
    JIMMYRED2JIMMYRED2 Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2011

(£10) alexander noren to win french open as its a tight tricky course that will suit his game

(£10)  Justin rose to win at&t

£5 pound double
  • Options
    edited June 2011
                    (£10) alexander noren to win french open as its a tight tricky course that will suit his game                                          (£10)  Justin rose to win at&t                        £5 pound double
    Posted by JIMMYRED2
    Good shout. Done the odds in my account (£4.60 or sumin like that) on Rock and Moore double @ 866/1 lol .. bout 3.8k if it lands
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf 30th June - 3rd July : I was tempted by Quiros this week as well... Trouble is with him, he may be closer but he is often in the rough or the trees...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I,d stay away

He was tipped in racing post to lose his matchbet _ lot of rough - need to stay on fairways on this course
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    QUIROS FTW
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited June 2011

Why isn't Sergio playing again this week???? Wanted him to repay me for bottling the play off last week :(

Anyway my fiver is going on....

£1 ew - Scott Storm @ 400/1

£1.50 ew - Marcel Siem @ 125/1
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited June 2011
    gl all with picks
    two indifferent picks this week   scott jamison in france and charlie wi in national both 66/1 at 2ew
    and a sneaky 1ew double on these 2
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Why isn't Sergio playing again this week???? Wanted him to repay me for bottling the play off last week :( Anyway my fiver is going on.... £1 ew - Scott Storm @ 400/1 £1.50 ew - Marcel Siem @ 125/1
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Who the **** is that?

Graeme Storm?

EDIT: JJ has reliably informed me that the bet is actually for Scott Strange @ 400/1.
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited June 2011
    Van Pelt @ 25/1 and L Glover @ 55/1
    Give up on the European tour cant even get a run for my money
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf 30th June - 3rd July : Who the **** is that? Graeme Storm? EDIT: JJ has reliably informed me that the bet is actually for Scott Strange @ 400/1.
    Posted by splashies
    Gutted i,ve not done Graeme Storm

I looked at it and didn,t do it - They said last week on the commmentary its normally about this time of year he wins something

C,mon Mannassero
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Iv backed Colsaerts in-play £5e/w @ 20/1. He then bogies 17th hole. Typical!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Iv backed Colsaerts in-play £5e/w @ 20/1. He then bogies 17th hole. Typical!
    Posted by splashies

Just as i switched on I saw that - 7 under , thinking wish i,d backed him then 2 or 3 under