You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

download wont load

penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
edited June 2011 in Community Help & Advice
This happens every couple of weeks to me. Usually I uninstall and then reload. But now this is not helping. So I am stuck with the browser.

Comments

• Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited June 2011
    In Response to download wont load:
    This happens every couple of weeks to me. Usually I uninstall and then reload. But now this is not helping. So I am stuck with the browser.
    Posted by penguin7
    Hi I found an old thread here with some hints on how to fix it from Machka.

Hope it helps

Steve
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited June 2011

Thanks Steve, thats good advice,

Tony: Do you actually get the 'Sky Poker Loading' pop up - or does clicking the download icon literally just do nothing?

Really basic question i know so apologies if this sounds obvious, but have you tried simply completely shutting down and rebooting your PC?

What Operating System are you running is it Windows 7?

Best Wishes

Adam

• elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited June 2011
    I've had issues with this same thing and there have been a lot of disconnections at the tables. This has affected me and others at the table.

I think the problem lies at Sky's door. I am using a brand new laptop, I have Uniblue cleaner installed and ample processor power and memory. I am averaging 9.3 MBps and have no issues with any other site. 

I saw many players continually losing connection during the games I played last night, all sat at the same table, so I doubt we are all having the same problem at the same time.
  • SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited June 2011
    almost certainly sumthing goin on at skys end atm, download runnin really slow, alot of freezing and people losing connection, ofc though when u report sumthing they just say no1 else has reported anything and that it must be our end
  • penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited June 2011
    Well I read that old thread and think I am confused ! It doesnt say how the OP got it sorted or if he just gave up !

When I click the Sky Poker icon it thinks for half a second then gives up.

I run on Firefox and have McAfee security, and have reinstalled Adobe Air 2.7 twice.

Rebooting does not help.

It is not a new problem. Ever since the download was introduced it has frequently failed, often when a tournament is about to open, or when I am multitabling in tournies. Having to reopen multiple tables in the browser, uninstall the download and reload it while trying to play poker is not fun, but I have had to do it many times.

Now I can only access Sky Poker through the browser I can only play 3/4 tables
  • penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited June 2011
    Well I have managed to access the download version by restoring my laptop to 7 days ago. But, an answer still needs to be found as to why it is failing so regularly.