You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Anything I can do to multi more tables?

TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
edited July 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Is there anything I can do on my end other than buying new hardware to increase the performance of the downloadable version of sky poker. Pc really starts to struggle with more than 6 table in mini-view running and I get a lot of timeouts etc and games become unplayable for me when loading more than 8 tables?

Or is there any tips and tricks to get more tables running?

My PC isnt bad ( 1.5GB RAM, 2.4ghz CPU) but looks like the client just eats my PC resourses.

Any advice will be appreiated.

Thanks, Twramyep

Comments

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited July 2011
    What type of processor?  Go to control panel and open SYSTEM it will show the processor details there.
  • TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    edited July 2011
    Intel celeron E3200 @ 2.4GHz, but I know upgrading comp will increase performance and will do that as a last resort but I'm looking into things I can do that dosnt involve new components.

Thanks Twramyep
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited July 2011
    I was just checking you don't have a horribly slow CPU and it's not so bad.

I would suggest trying to find out what else is running in the background also consuming CPU.

Assuming you are on Windows 7

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and start Task Manager

click the Processes tab

Click the CPU heading so it sorts from highest to lowest, the little arrow will point down and the System Idle Process will be at the top of the list.

Now go and open 6 full cash tables, just viewing will be fine.

Check what processes are using your CPU the most.

Report back here, lol.

• sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Anything I can do to multi more tables?:
    Is there anything I can do on my end other than buying new hardware to increase the performance of the downloadable version of sky poker. Pc really starts to struggle with more than 6 table in mini-view running and I get a lot of timeouts etc and games become unplayable for me when loading more than 8 tables? Or is there any tips and tricks to get more tables running? My PC isnt bad ( 1.5GB RAM, 2.4ghz CPU) but looks like the client just eats my PC resourses. Any advice will be appreiated. Thanks, Twramyep
    Posted by TWRAMYEP

u need more RAM, 1.5 gb aint nothing these days, get at least 4gb, 8gb if u can afford it (ur motherboard may not support 8gb)
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Anything I can do to multi more tables?:
    In Response to Anything I can do to multi more tables? : u need more RAM, 1.5 gb aint nothing these days, get at least 4gb, 8gb if u can afford it (ur motherboard may not support 8gb)
    Posted by sikas
    He'd need a 64bit system & OS for that.

• TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    edited July 2011
    thanks for help guys.

My solution: Spent a wod on new system, problem solved :)