You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Multi-tabling - how many?

14all14all Member Posts: 22
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

How many tables do people think is optimum for them to play at once?

Comments

• Options
    richtearichtea Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2009
    From another thread...

ajs4385: "I have 18 tabled sky with no probs"

Can anyone beat that?!

Personally I can't manage more than 3, partly due to my computer and partly due to my brain speed.
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited October 2009
    its 4 to 6 for me anymore than that and i start making silly mistakes. ajs4385 18 a bit much is that
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2009
    I tried 3 once and lost the plot. 2 is more than enough for me
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    two tables is plenty for me as well.
    Any more and I lose the plot.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Multi-tabling - how many?:
    From another thread...  ajs4385: "I have 18 tabled sky with no probs" Can anyone beat that?! Personally I can't manage more than 3, partly due to my computer and partly due to my brain speed.
    Posted by richtea
    Just a joke. Any .50/1 table in the evening has this guy. How can you possibly play with any sort of skill when ur playing that many tables at once??? It would be nice to play a mixture of players in the evening and not the same guy on every single table.
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2009
    Any more than 3 ceases to be 'fun' imho.
    I suppose its different if you are 'making a living'!
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Multi-tabling - how many? : Just a joke. Any .50/1 table in the evening has this guy. How can you possibly play with any sort of skill when ur playing that many tables at once??? It would be nice to play a mixture of players in the evening and not the same guy on every single table.
    Posted by phil12uk
    It must be like trying to control 60 odd schoolkids Phil! lol
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2009
    Usually I only 8 table, I did 18 just as an experiment to see if it was more profitable. But after a hour I was mentally exhausted, so cant really do it long term. I mentioned it in a different post, as someone was moaning that they have tried 6 different computers or something and they cant play more than 1 table on sky.
  • Options
    14all14all Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2009
    Usually I only 8 table, I did 18 just as an experiment to see if it was more profitable. But after a hour I was mentally exhausted, so cant really do it long term. I mentioned it in a different post, as someone was moaning that they have tried 6 different computers or something and they cant play more than 1 table on sky.
    Posted by ajs4385

Do you use 'mini-view' or regular when you do this and is it on one monitor?

Just wondering how you juggle it and keep track of different tables. Tips welcome!
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    Hi AJS very impressive with the 18, I can only just manage 12 on stars lol dunno how you do it here.

What setup do you have? OS/Browser and how much RAM etc?
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    One time I played on 1,6782 tables
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It was just a one off 18 tabling, I had 2 monitors with 9 on each, on mini view. I normally 8 table on normal size.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2009
    I used to 16 table on ipoker and boss media regularly, bit intense though.  Pretty sure I went up to 24 at one time as a one off but that was just mental.
      Bear in mind though that they were 10 handed tables.  18 tabling on sky is more impressive than 24 tbling full ring. 

On here I can play 5 at the max or everything starts slowing up so looking forward to the downloadable version due in 2016 as this should solve that.
      Its quite relaxing tho going from so many, and I`m not too sure what my optimum number would be 6 handed anyway.

AJS, you seem very secretive about your setup lol
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Its a custom build,

All this talk of multi tabling is -ev,
  • Options
    GoodReadsGoodReads Member Posts: 202
    edited October 2009

18 tables?...surely thats more like playing space invaders ,just being able to act on every table before it times out...did u have a hand on each mouse and a eye on each screen? feel like john wayne?

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    if i mini - view it takes up 1/4 of my screen, so i can play 5 max - 1 in each corner and 1 in the middle so i can see 3/4 of each poker screen. Once on another site i entered a freeroll sattelite for a big tourny and they were running them every 5 mins i had 8 tables going and it was rediculous it was flicking between tables when trying to bet and i ended up betting on wrong tables lol IMO 2 is plenty threes a crowd lol
  • Options
    KyrowiKyrowi Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2009
    i'd be happy if i could play one table.