You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf - Scottish Open

JAEGERBOMBJAEGERBOMB Member Posts: 1,516
edited July 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Unfortunately its right on my doorstep this year but cannot attend as work calls :(

However, I will be at the practise day on Wednesday................any advice on who to watch..which players are fun with the galleries??
I know Mickelson will draw huge crowds, but the 1 guy I want to see driving off is deffo Quiros.

Thanks guys, hope the weather stays as it is for the crowds, but for the course's sake i hope the winds and rain come, or we could see scores in the low 60's or even a sub-60 round!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Golf - Scottish Open:
    Unfortunately its right on my doorstep this year but cannot attend as work calls :( However, I will be at the practise day on Wednesday................any advice on who to watch..which players are fun with the galleries?? I know Mickelson will draw huge crowds, but the 1 guy I want to see driving off is deffo Quiros. Thanks guys, hope the weather stays as it is for the crowds, but for the course's sake i hope the winds and rain come, or we could see scores in the low 60's or even a sub-60 round!!!!!!!!
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    I don't think Quiros is in the field this week. There is Manuel Quiros, but not Alvaro Quiros. If you go to the european tour site, it has the entry list for the tournament.

Best of the 'local' players would be Martin Laird, although Richie Ramsay had a good week last week. This is the 1st week Luke Donald will of played for about a month now so will be interesting to see how he does. If you want a big outside tip, then the amateur Bryden Macpherson could feature. I doubt he will win or even place, but you should get good odds on a top 20 finish.

Don't write off Montgomerie either. He is getting some respectable finishes lately and I expect he knows this course like the back of his hand.

NOTE: Just checked the forcast and its meant to be heavy rain/thunder showers for Thursday and Friday. So I think somebody who is a very good scrambler and accurate hitter like Donald should do well.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Golf - Scottish Open:
    Unfortunately its right on my doorstep this year but cannot attend as work calls :( However, I will be at the practise day on Wednesday................any advice on who to watch..which players are fun with the galleries?? I know Mickelson will draw huge crowds, but the 1 guy I want to see driving off is deffo Quiros. Thanks guys, hope the weather stays as it is for the crowds, but for the course's sake i hope the winds and rain come, or we could see scores in the low 60's or even a sub-60 round!!!!!!!!
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    If i were going, obviously would like to watch the likes of Mickleson/Donald/Westwood. But there are a few others who would interest me...

Pablo Larrazabal would be fun to watch and is likely to interact with the galleries.

Two huuuuuge hitters, Gary Woodland and Nicolas Colsaerts would be fun to watch too!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Right then, heres my two bets for the week. The event is not being held at Loch Lomond this year, so previous tournament form doesnt count this week.
    EventPickOddsStake
    Scottish OpenPeter Whiteford80/1£2.50 e/w
    Scottish OpenShane Lowry125/1£2.50 e/w
    Whiteford is having a stella season and rarely has a bad week, so il take this price.

With the weather looking dodgy, i've plumped for former Irish Open winner Shane Lowry. Decent price with expected bad conditions.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The course is fairly short with a lot of driveable par 4s, however if bad weather is forecast, a better bet might be the solid accurate players, especially with the wedge.....100 yards in gonna be a common common shot. Hope the sun ends on wednesday lol, cameras allowed in prictise day wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf - Scottish Open:
    Right then, heres my two bets for the week. The event is not being held at Loch Lomond this year, so previous tournament form doesnt count this week. Event Pick Odds Stake Scottish Open Peter Whiteford 80/1 £2.50 e/w Scottish Open Shane Lowry 125/1 £2.50 e/w Whiteford is having a stella season and rarely has a bad week, so il take this price. With the weather looking dodgy, i've plumped for former Irish Open winner Shane Lowry. Decent price with expected bad conditions.
    Posted by splashies
    Sorry Splashies pal but also backing Whiteford this week.My other 2 are Ross Fisher @40/1 coming back slowwwwly into form and Simon Dyson @about 80/1 just for a bit of interest.Aint looked at American jobbie yet so post later in week
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Iv gone for...

Luke Donald £10 win @ 9/1
    Graeme McDowell £10 win @ 18/1
    Monty £5 e/w @ 150/1
    McPherson £10 for top 20 finish @ 14/1
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2011
    some good odds to be had with so many big guns in field.

Just feel alot of them will have an eye on next week and not want to peak to early.

so my bets are

chris wood 80/1 £2 ew
    peter whiteford 80/1 £2 ew
    colsaerts 66/1 £2 ew

be lucky 
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited July 2011
    My fiver again, want some sort of a run this week!!!

Marcel Siem - 175/1  - £1 e/w

Thorbjorn Oleson - 70/1 - £1 e/w

Michael Campbell - 300/1 - 50pennies e/w
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    My fiver again, want some sort of a run this week!!! Marcel Siem - 175/1  - £1 e/w Thorbjorn Oleson - 70/1 - £1 e/w Michael Campbell 300/1 - 50pennies   e/w
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Is that to make the cut?lol

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeh, think your putting all your eggs in Oleson's basket there m8. But who knows...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeh, think your putting all your eggs in Oleson's basket there m8. But who knows...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    In Response to Re: Golf - Scottish Open:
    In Response to Re: Golf - Scottish Open : Is that to make the cut?lol
    Posted by jackda

Lol! I expected some stick for that/those pics!...

But heyyyyy when you're working on a budget of a fiver, you gotta look for a hidden gem.

I'm sure he put a decent round together in one of the recent tournaments? And he used to be quality, so I'm just hoping everything clicks for him this week.

ever the optimist.
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited July 2011

P.Mickleson £5ew @20/1

• Options
    edited July 2011
    course is fantastic.......fave player was larazabal
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    course is fantastic.......fave player was larazabal
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Nice one, sounds like you had a good day!

Roll on tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just added Peter Hanson to my bets.
    Scottish OpenPeter Whiteford80/1£2.50 e/w
    Scottish OpenShane Lowry125/1£2.50 e/w
    Scottish OpenPeter Hanson40/1£3 e/w
  • Options
    bandinibandini Member Posts: 1,802
    edited July 2011
    Monty 150/1.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    My fiver again, want some sort of a run this week!!! Marcel Siem - 175/1  - £1 e/w Thorbjorn Oleson - 70/1 - £1 e/w Michael Campbell - 300/1 - 50pennies   e/w
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Go Dohhhhhh the legend Campbell -3 after 8 I take it all back
  • Options
    edited July 2011

He who dares ....... !!!

Just seen the story about Levet breaking his leg by diving into the water after winning last week. 

Very Lol!!!
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited July 2011
    late this week backed richie ramsy in scotland @ ricky barnes in america
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2011
    looking good so far.

yanks tour

jason day 10/1 £3 ew