You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ok so tonight was awsome!!!

goddenkylegoddenkyle Member Posts: 93
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Ok so awsome was a little strong but it was special, this is why.......

Had to be about the worst night ive ever had period in my 5yrs playing poker lol. ( in no way is this a sky is rigged blog jus so you know )

here's how it went, i played the £500 bounty for £11 made it fairly deep then, i pick up AKhh on my BB dealer makes a raise i repop all in he calls shows A3o flop runs 887q3, ok so that was bad but get over it, or at least thats what i told myself.
  Then i played the £4k event, made it to top 100 have the chip leader to my right, hes been raiseing nearly every pot. i have A10dd in my BB with about 7k in my stack he has 25k hes made it 600 to go, i figure he had a weak ace say A4 thru 8. He was unlikely to have any pair or AK Q or J because he had been just calling these hands. So i pushd allin looking to take it down there. He snap calls the extra 6.4k with A2o flop runs KQ642, by this point slightly peaved.
  I thought, ok so bad beats occour no worries. I entered both the £22 bountys and got knocked out by AK vrs Q2 he was UTG called BB then called my 3.5k allin blind was 200. And then lost A7 vrs A6 allin on a A98 flop turn 5 river 7......ok i said to myself its a bad night but what can you do....
  i thought id calm down on a DYM game £22 4 players left i get AK on the button lose to an allin from A4, you guestd it 4 on the river.
 Tried to play another £22 DYM, got to 4 plyers im chip leader on the button raise with 88 BB push's all in i call he shows Q7o flop Q77 no 88 turn and river suprisingly....
  Oh and i alos got my KK cracked by a bluff on a cash table for £120, i have KK in seat 2 raise to £4 get rerasied bt BB to £12 i call flop comes Kc6h10c BB makes it £20 i make it £45 he goes allin i call he shows Jc 4d, turn comes 3c river 7c. By this point i was fully expecting to get outdrawn when i saw his cards lol nightmare evening......

Has anyone else ever run this bad???

I just dont get it so im £230 quid down and a big dent in my pride, gunna need a break in danger of blowing my entire roll if i dont calm down.
 What do you guys do to calm down after a massive bad beat run???

Comments

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited October 2009

Wow, that's a pretty sick run you had there Kyle.

Only thing you should do is not play again until you can put it out of your mind.

It's crucial you're not still thinking about any of it when you return on the tables or it will just get worse. Best of luck in your future play.
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Ok so tonight was awsome!!!:
    Wow, that's a pretty sick run you had there Kyle. Only thing you should do is not play again until you can put it out of your mind. It's crucial you're not still thinking about any of it when you return on the tables or it will just get worse. Best of luck in your future play.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Some top words there.

TBH, I've been running pretty bad for quite some months now but had some time away and most importantly nolonger dwell on the beats cos that was proper killing my game & BR
  • Options
    CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited October 2009
    What can I say, I thought my J4 was good ;)

Sounds like a bad night, you need to know when to quit, take a few days off and clear the head.

Playing poker with a chip on your shoulder (as I'm sure we've all done at times) is a recipe for disaster.
  • Options
    dodgydazdodgydaz Member Posts: 123
    edited October 2009
    nice 1