You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I'm off for a while

elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
It seems I can't do much right on here at the moment, poker wise that is. Had lots and lots of freak beats tonight and it's following a pattern so the best thing to do is take a break. I'll be sniffing around occassionally so you'll still need to behave yourselves. Catch you all in a few weeks.

Take care,

Elsa

Comments

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited October 2009

Elsa, I know, you know, he knows, she knows, they know and we know...

It'll be less than three days!

You love us too much!

So enjoy the break and see you on the weekend. 8- />
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    Close the door on your way out
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009

Elsadog  me  ol m8  stay  in touch   glk  PM  me  whenever  Topman  :))
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: I'm off for a while:
    Close the door on your way out
    Posted by MH45706

Im guessing  your under age ,,,
  • Options
    JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited October 2009
    In Response to I'm off for a while:
    It seems I can't do much right on here at the moment, poker wise that is. Had lots and lots of freak beats tonight and it's following a pattern so the best thing to do is take a break. I'll be sniffing around occassionally so you'll still need to behave yourselves. Catch you all in a few weeks. Take care, Elsa
    Posted by elsadog
    Why you are on a break mate be sure to join the area 51'ers.The part i highlighted means you meet the requirements :-) LOL
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to I'm off for a while:
    It seems I can't do much right on here at the moment, poker wise that is. Had lots and lots of freak beats tonight and it's following a pattern so the best thing to do is take a break. I'll be sniffing around occassionally so you'll still need to behave yourselves. Catch you all in a few weeks. Take care, Elsa
    Posted by elsadog
    I too went through a spell where I could not do anything right. No play worked, no cards good enough etc. etc.
    I, too, in the end went on an extended holiday from the tables. I had exactly a month off, no more, no less. (the last days dragged, I can tell you) but I was determined not to come back before I felt ready.

I stayed on the site, visited friends and posted but no way was I going to sit at a table.

It was by far the best thing I ever did. I came back refreshed, the money I lost was recouped quickly and felt generally happier in poker.

The only thing I have done upon my return is drop the level I play at, my confidence left me and to date has not really returned for that level.

Coincidentally, I have just posted a long comment (one day I promise everyone I will post a one liner) in the strategy section 'are the forums making me play better.' It may help.

During my enforced absence I used that time and also read five poker books I purchased from Amazon. Go have a look and grab yourself a bargain, Literally three of them were less than £1.00 each! (p&p was dearer) I'm in no way saying you need the tutoring, forgive me if you think that but it helped me get my daily fix and I picked up a few tips on the way.

Enjoy your break and I'll speak with you soon.

• Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited October 2009
    Elsa, I know, you know, he knows, she knows, they know and we know... It'll be less than three days! You love us too much! So enjoy the break and see you on the weekend. 8- />
    Posted by JingleMa
    hurry back elsa. good post jingle lmao.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    hope it aint too long Alan i aint got many friends lol. Why not try the deep stack mtt from 17:15 - 19:15 they only £2.20 great value wont break the bank and 1 or 2 hours for 2 quid lol. beware though i play these so be affraid, be very affraid lol
  • Options
    SUPERNOVASUPERNOVA Member Posts: 403
    edited October 2009
    Elsadog  me  ol m8  stay  in touch   glk  PM  me  whenever  Topman  :))
    Posted by bennydip2
    Ditto hun + 1

-xxx-
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited October 2009

Thx Anj, and is it just me, or are you really craving some cough syrup right now? 

Sorry that was terrible, definitely time for bed, got an early start, goodnight! 8- />
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for the pleasantries ( and the not so ) I'll be back soon. I've played long enough to know that when it goes like this it's best to take a rest. I will still be playing elsewhere in the meantime.

On the book thing, Hale, I can probably supply the shop. :)

Regarding area 51, Jamie, if you take the time to look you'll find I post there a lot. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do know that luck isn't smooth, it runs in ups and downs and I'm in a down at the moment. I'll be back in a few weeks or so.

Oh and MH45706 I will shut the door. Shouldn't you be tucked up in bed at this time?

Benny catch you later m8 and stay lucky.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009

All those bad beats, i get loads of them, i find it helps if afterwards i say to myself - But did i play it right, if no then i learn, if yes then thats fine forget it these things happen in poker i win in the long term if i make the correct plays. You would be saying something similar to others, its good advice ( i think) it just seems like the poker gods are against you, please come back soon refreshed and ready, and remember a post you wrote about 95% of players losing - well your in the 5% so chin up lol

• Options
    edited October 2009
    hope it aint too long Alan i aint got many friends lol. Why not try the deep stack mtt from 17:15 - 19:15 they only £2.20 great value wont break the bank and 1 or 2 hours for 2 quid lol. beware though i play these so be affraid, be very affraid lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    I think you're wrong on that one m8. I might pop in and donate a fiver.

As I said I'll still be lurking around the forum from time to time.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    good luck elsadog--guess wot--i can still play poker in my new jacket--lovely people here--thanks--bye--medication timex
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    All those bad beats, i get loads of them, i find it helps if afterwards i say to myself - But did i play it right, if no then i learn, if yes then thats fine forget it these things happen in poker i win in the long term if i make the correct plays. You would be saying something similar to others, its good advice ( i think) it just seems like the poker gods are against you, please come back soon refreshed and ready, and remember a post you wrote about 95% of players losing - well your in the 5% so chin up lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    But I won't be if I carry on like this. Sometimes you've just got to fold.
  • Options
    tikay1tikay1 Member Posts: 741
    edited October 2009

If you are running bad, that's a wise move.

See you soon.
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    Elsadog
    bet ur back by monday! give me 3/1 please bud
    good luck on your few days break
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited October 2009

Good luck, u played a good game in the deepstack last night, first time ive played u i think, right move enjoy ur break all the best jim;-)

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Good luck, u played a good game in the deepstack last night, first time ive played u i think, right move enjoy ur break all the best jim;-)
    Posted by jimbo31

Thanks Jim but therein lies my problem. I managed to donk off 19,000 chips in a matter of minutes last night. There are some big holes in my game at the moment so a bit of time away from the tables is called for............now where's that puncture-repair kit?

3 to 1 it is Kev....shall we say 50p? ( I might actually win this one)
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: I'm off for a while : Thanks Jim but therein lies my problem. I managed to donk off 19,000 chips in a matter of minutes last night. There are some big holes in my game at the moment so a bit of time away from the tables is called for............now where's that puncture-repair kit? 3 to 1 it is Kev....shall we say 50p? ( I might actually win this one)
    Posted by elsadog
    DONE!