You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ACES GETTING BEAT??????

BIGBOY468BIGBOY468 Member Posts: 23
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat

WHY IS IT THAT ACES GET BEAT SO MUCH ON THIS SITE IN THREE WEEKS I HAVE HAD THEM 12 TIMES AND LOST 9 OF THEM SOME IN FINAL TABLES.IS SKY GOING TO LOOK INTO THIS OR SHALLWE NOT PLAY ACES.
IF THAT IS THE CASE WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING POKER AT ALL.
NO CONFIDENCE IN ACES IS IS STOPPING PEOPLE PLAYING THEM CORRECTLY.
I AM SURE I AM NOT ALONE IN HAVING THIS PROBLEM 

Comments

• Options
    GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
    edited October 2009
    I'll be honest I never play AA always fold it preflop, 22 is better...Well 2's are higher than 1's right...
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    In Response to ACES GETTING BEAT??????:
     WHY IS IT THAT ACES GET BEAT SO MUCH ON THIS SITE IN THREE WEEKS I HAVE HAD THEM 12 TIMES AND LOST 9 OF THEM SOME IN FINAL TABLES.IS SKY GOING TO LOOK INTO THIS OR SHALLWE NOT PLAY ACES. IF THAT IS THE CASE WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING POKER AT ALL. NO CONFIDENCE IN ACES IS IS STOPPING PEOPLE PLAYING THEM CORRECTLY. I AM SURE I AM NOT ALONE IN HAVING THIS PROBLEM 
    Posted by BIGBOY468
    Play them correctly then they might not get beat as much.

AA will get beat approx 20pc of the time; they'll get beat even more than that if you don't know how to play them.
  • Options
    goddenkylegoddenkyle Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    I for one cannot takes bad beats bad at the time they happen....

Im very vocal in the chat box saying how poor it is allways getting outdrawn, but its only realyy in jest .

At the end of the day if you get AA all in pre flop you might lose 100 in a row but out of 1000 you will win the majority like 700 times. In cash games its impossible to fold but in tournys if you keep getting bustd then dont put yourself in the position to get aces all in against more than one opponent cause if you let a second player in the the chances of you aces getting cracked are huge, so just dont get too attached if more than 1 player comes along. If you have to lay them down then so be it not the end of the world.Laying aces down when your beat is a great feeling even if youve done alot of chips on that hand the reason being is cause your still IN!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009

In Response to Re: ACES GETTING BEAT??????:

I for one cannot takes bad beats bad at the time they happen.... Im very vocal in the chat box saying how poor it is allways getting outdrawn, but its only realyy in jest . At the end of the day if you get AA all in pre flop you might lose 100 in a row but out of 1000 you will win the majority like 700 times. In cash games its impossible to fold but in tournys if you keep getting bustd then dont put yourself in the position to get aces all in against more than one opponent cause if you let a second player in the the chances of you aces getting cracked are huge, so just dont get too attached if more than 1 player comes along. If you have to lay them down then so be it not the end of the world.Laying aces down when your beat is a great feeling even if youve done alot of chips on that hand the reason being is cause your still IN!!!!!!!!
    Posted by goddenkyle
    Nonsesnse, why is there no way you can fold aces in cash if it flops kkq for instance?

Also in torns yes if you have 1 or more players of course they can get beat pre flop yes there in front but if you make it cheap pre flop and it comes 2 5 8 who is saying a set isnt out , ok if you go all in pre and lose then yes its the 20% mare but they are only a pair