You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Feel free to tell me im silly

dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all,as you can see by my headline i want enough of you to tell me not to be so silly in the future by getting married to a hand.I have Kc Ks i make big raise and have 1 caller,flop comes 10c Ac 3s,i then call a bet of over 1K, turn comes 8s, yes i figure i am behind but his last bet now leaves me with only 3K he bets again 2K which  i call as i now think any 1 of the TWO kings or any CLUB and i can win.River comes a blank i now call my last 1K with his bet that puts me ALL IN.He has A 3 .OOPS i know i know a complete DONK by me.But please some of you post 2 tell me you have in the past got WED to a hand as well.LOL AND GL TO ALL

Comments

• Options
    GoodReadsGoodReads Member Posts: 202
    edited October 2009

I have trouble putting a small pair down even if they raise 5xBB...convinced im gonna flop a set, then when i dont i get upset and end up convinced il push them off the hand ,resulting in me standing up ,putting on my coat and exiting :(

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    Hi Dav

What were the blind levels?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Feel free to tell me im silly:
    Hi Dav What were the blind levels?
    Posted by acebarry10
    100 200 if my memory serves my original raise was 800
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Feel free to tell me im silly : 100 200 if my memory serves my original raise was 800
    Posted by dav1964
    Hi Dav,
    If you put in a 4 times raise, and get called most of the time,(if you have no previous with this player), they will have an ace of some sort. He got lucky and not the best play by him, with a3, as you colud easily have aj,aq,ak, or any pair, more likely to be 99 up.
    Your decision should be made on position in tourney, blind levels, how deep you are, payouts etc.
    if when the flop came down you check and they bet. how much they bet compared to your stack and the pot.
    If you were willing to call his bets then why didnt you push.
    You would have been left with 15 bb and anyway if you think your behind FOLD, as the turn got you stuck to the hand by bringing a nut flush draw.
    But you already know this.
    col
    ps at times we ALL get attached to hands.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Feel free to tell me im silly : Hi Dav, If you put in a 4 times raise, and get called most of the time,(if you have no previous with this player), they will have an ace of some sort. He got lucky and not the best play by him, with a3, as you colud easily have aj,aq,ak, or any pair, more likely to be 99 up. Your decision should be made on position in tourney, blind levels, how deep you are, payouts etc. if when the flop came down you check and they bet. how much they bet compared to your stack and the pot. If you were willing to call his bets then why didnt you push. You would have been left with 15 bb and anyway if you think your behind FOLD, as the turn got you stuck to the hand by bringing a nut flush draw. But you already know this. col ps at times we ALL get attached to hands.
    Posted by mr_mbro
    HI M8 THANKS 4 URE INPUT,JUST RECHECKED THE HAND HISTORY AND FLOP WAS 10c Ac 3c so maybe im beating meself up a bit to much.Wot u think my friend?
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    If you had the NFD OTF go all in.

You may have the best hand at that point, you hvae a decent amount of outs with your Kc/set draw plus he may have been putting in a feeler bet with something like A5hh and may fold to your agression.