You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

6 seaters

lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
hi can anyone tell me where the 6 seaters have gone as ive just noticed the 6-15 is a 10 seater, hope they havnt been done away with ,what does everyone think cheers 
                                                               lucky

Comments

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009

Hi

i prefer proper poker tbh so 10 seaters 4 me

• Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    edited October 2009
    please bring back the 6 seaters
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 6 seaters:
    please bring back the 6 seaters
    Posted by TVSpice
    Hi Mr Spice,

As I have said earlier in the Thread, if enough folks want, or prefer, 6 seaters, I'm sure Sky-Bernie will oblige.

I'll let this Thread run for a day or two, to garner further feedback, then send it ro Sky Bernie, & ask him to do whatever he feels right. As long as it includes some 6 Seaters. ;)

Anyway, for now, have a good weekend.
  • Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited October 2009
    6 seaters...all day long
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2009
    Surely there should just be a mix but it needs to be stated clearly whether they are 6 or 10 in the game info....
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    They require different skills.

Personally I prefer 6 seaters, especially in cash, as I love da action.

But 10 seaters, like the regular deepies, are a very welcome change and offer a different pace.

The only reason why 6 seaters haven't taken off in a live scenario is the cost saving of not having to provide 40% extra dealers/tables etc.

I am sure that most online players prefer the 6 seat format, and I think that because of the amount of action it generates, it can be attributed to one of the reasons why online poker has boomed.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    sky based their site on 6 seaters , now without any asking of players you change it to 10 seaters , well heres 1 guy that defo gone if u dont bring back the 6 seaters , i play them for 1 week and then i am off 2 another poker site
  • Options
    BUSTERSIMOBUSTERSIMO Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2009
    10 seaters for me but as long as its clearly stated there shouldnt be a problem
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2009
    sky based their site on 6 seaters , now without any asking of players you change it to 10 seaters , well heres 1 guy that defo gone if u dont bring back the 6 seaters , i play them for 1 week and then i am off 2 another poker site
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    I agree m8 no need 2 change the 6 seater ds at all. If people want more 10 seat ds add them to the tournie list. You dont take away gms that alot of people enjoy playin. 1 unhappy customer, Ozzie
  • Options
    KingDougKingDoug Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2009
    i have just been in the 7.15 deep stack and i get the general feeling no one likes the new idea of 10 seater tables, i most certainly do not, still if that is what the mayority want so be it, i for one will not be playing so much, and after coming back from holiday am very SAD THAT THEY HAVE CHANGED THE DEEP STACK. a BIG mistake i think. regards to all anita xx
  • Options
    Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2009
    As posted elsewhere....Personally, I prefer the 10 seaters but..... I would agree that they should advertise it clearly so that all are aware!
    The 7.30 ds tonight was a surprise when table launched!
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited October 2009
    6 SEATERS FOR ME ALL DAY LONG.  A MIX OF BOTH WOULD OBV BE PLEASE ALL.

PLEASE LEAVE THE £110 DEEPIE AS A 6SEATER!!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    i have poll vote running on it guys
  • Options
    BIG_LADBIG_LAD Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2009

bring back 6 seaters...... i prefer the 6 seater deepstacks, i like to put my feet up and have a relaxing leisurely game with my mates but these 10 seaters have turned it into a race. Last night i bet we were lucky to lose 2 or 3 players in the first hour- tonight 60 percent of the field were out after 1hr 16 mins  Wheres the relaxation in that????? I love playing on this friendly site but i feel a mistake has been made by taking the choice away. i wont be playing anymore deepstacks as long as they are 10 seaters
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    edited October 2009
    quick note Tikay - not Mr Spice, i am female lol. Again, as i have posted elsewhere on the forum.  The ds has always been a game i enjoyed playing after a day at work.  as advertised, slow leisurely tourny often played by many of the same people - u included Tikay - who could chat and enjoy the game. 

there was nothing enjoyable about the game tonight but worse, at no stage was it advertised that it had changed to a 10 seater before i had paid my money.  first i knew was when the table opened. 

I hate 10 seaters and so would not have entered if i had known but worse, i feel that i will have to look elsewhere for my evening game and that will probably mean not seeing mates who play on here which will be a double blow.
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    hi

You have my total support Irishrover.

Why could sky not have made it clearer by either e-mail or streamer?

I check the community but had been busy today and not read about it.

So I merrily registered for the 7.15 and 8.15

Played badly cos I was cross  LOL

Have voted as should everyone.

PamXX
  • Options
    KingDougKingDoug Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2009
    further to my previous post, i have been watching the deep stacks, not entering, and see that not ONE of them informs us this is a 10 seater table, WE ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD . How many more things is this site going to change without informing the players who SUPPORT IT ????????????? come on sky poker do right by your players, and ask us what we want................... anita xxx
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: 6 seaters : Hi Mr Spice, As I have said earlier in the Thread, if enough folks want, or prefer, 6 seaters, I'm sure Sky-Bernie will oblige. I'll let this Thread run for a day or two, to garner further feedback, then send it ro Sky Bernie, & ask him to do whatever he feels right. As long as it includes some 6 Seaters. ;) Anyway, for now, have a good weekend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    why not also send the poll that IRISHROVER is running