You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker League - Clarified

lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hate to be a party p00per, but the sky poker league is just an indicator of who plays the most hands on sky and rakes the highest. Its not based on skill/ability or hands won compared to lost or anything. Just wanted to clear that up to everyone who thought otherwise, but apart from that to win it you have to basically have no life or friends and play 75 tables a day like this AJS dude! To be honest the guy must eat, sleep and sit on the toilet all at once whilst playing 75 tables impressive stuff!

Does anyone perhaps think they should devise a better idea for a league or at least some better prizes, I'm pretty sure AJS puts in some serious hours probably has no social life and literally his only friend in the world is the ace of spades surely this guy deserves more than £250 a month for his hard earnt efforts Sky, come on have a heart and give this guy what he deserves!

Comments

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    James I play one DYM a day if I win it lol now what does that make me? ;)

AJS is a robot ;) literally........

Dave
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited October 2009
    Poor James did somebody dare say that I am the best poker player on the site because I am top of poker league.
    Could your fragile insecure self not deal with that, so you thought you would have to come on here and insult me.

The poker league is based on the amount of hands won.

As for me I 8 table for around 40 hours a week. Sounds like a standard working week to me.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Sky Poker League - Clarified:
    Hate to be a party p00per, but the sky poker league is just an indicator of who plays the most hands on sky and rakes the highest. Its not based on skill/ability or hands won compared to lost or anything. Just wanted to clear that up to everyone who thought otherwise, but apart from that to win it you have to basically have no life or friends and play 75 tables a day like this AJS dude! To be honest the guy must eat, sleep and sit on the toilet all at once whilst playing 75 tables impressive stuff! Does anyone perhaps think they should devise a better idea for a league or at least some better prizes, I'm pretty sure AJS puts in some serious hours probably has no social life and literally his only friend in the world is the ace of spades surely this guy deserves more than £250 a month for his hard earnt efforts Sky, come on have a heart and give this guy what he deserves!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Sky is not a charity.  Obviously those who earn them the most money are going to be better rewarded  I`m pretty sure ajs gets a lot more than £250 per month.  I see your point in the fact that the `league` may sound misleading, but I`m not sure you should be making assumptions about players having no social life or friends just because they play what in your eyes is a lot of poker.
    Like he says 40hrs per week is not a lot esp if it his only source of income.
  • Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited October 2009
    how do u manage 2 have 8 games on the go lol. cant handle more than 3. good effort!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker League - Clarified:
    Poor James did somebody dare say that I am the best poker player on the site because I am top of poker league. Could your fragile insecure self not deal with that, so you thought you would have to come on here and insult me.
    Unfortunately the answer is No.. nobody has ever said you are the best poker player on the site although I like to think you are and obv it was a joke so dont get bitty about it ;-), my point was just because I might be "up there" in the league standings doesn't mean I'm actually any good at poker so I didn't want players to be misled, I am in fact a beginner and don't want any1 jumping to conclusions that I actually might know how to play the game of luck.

Anyway good luck may your cards be live and your pots be monsters x
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Sky Poker League - Clarified:
    I'm pretty sure AJS puts in some serious hours probably has no social life and literally his only friend in the world is the ace of spades
    Posted by lJAMESl
    To us small-time league-folk that's anyone over 1,000 points! ;-) lol
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited October 2009
    i have to say ajs is a tight but good player. he or she puts in the hours and plays 8 to 10 tables.
    any player who shows a profit wk in wk out is good. ajs obv does this and not many can. lol to all
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited October 2009
    james the comments u made about AJS social life is bad, any1 would think u was a bit jealous
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    W T F loooooooool
    Posted by lJAMESl
    +1

But yeah the Sky Poker League - I can't see how it could be changed to factor in a skill element. 

The best player on Sky could be someone who plays once a week for an hour on .10/.20 for all we know....

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    i can confirm i am the best player on here but none of you guys know this
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited October 2009
    i can confirm i am the best player on here but none of you guys know this
    Posted by webby234
    give this man the £250 prize :)
  • Options
    the_gibbthe_gibb Member Posts: 105
    edited October 2009

I think ajs should get a gold potty for winning the league as then he would not have to leave his pc and could earn sky some more rake................................
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    Hi Guys,
    Pe.
    Personnally I dont give a monkeys toss who is the"best player" on the site.
    I look at my opponents and like to know if imo they are a good player, whether they can play properly or are just gamblers.
    I understand the sentiments of this thread but who really cares.
    If you look at results, and i apologies to those i dont know, then Will Brewin(pokerbcity) would take the accolade of "best" player on the site(3 wsop cashes a 100% strike rate).
    People wont agree with me but who cares.
    One final thought, when a game or sport, has an element of luck as a big factor, it is almost impossible to say who is best. All i know is im not.

col
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Theres clearly some misunderstanding here about what this thread is truly about, I for one couldn't care a less who the best player is whether its AJS or Pokerbcity I really don't care.
    What I care about is players fearing certain players and being scared to play them because of their league status, just because someones high up in the league doesnt mean they are a better player than you or win loads of money it just means that they have played a lot of hands in a certain time period. So I don't want players getting the wrong idea and believing that someone higher in the league makes them a better player than yourself. I've seen it in chat before " Oh s0d playing you, your high up in the league!" I'm thinking W T F... what does that have to do with you being a good or bad player. So I'm just confimring to everyone out their they don't need to be scared and presume players know what their doing if their 'up there' in the league!

GL
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    Theres clearly some misunderstanding here about what this thread is truly about, I for one couldn't care a less who the best player is whether its AJS or Pokerbcity I really don't care. What I care about is players fearing certain players and being scared to play them because of their league status, just because someones high up in the league doesnt mean they are a better player than you or win loads of money it just means that they have played a lot of hands in a certain time period. So I don't want players getting the wrong idea and believing that someone higher in the league makes them a better player than yourself. I've seen it in chat before " Oh s0d playing you, your high up in the league!" I'm thinking W T F... what does that have to do with you being a good or bad player. So I'm just confimring to everyone out their they don't need to be scared and presume players know what their doing if their 'up there' in the league! GL
    Posted by lJAMESl
    I couldnt agree with you more m8. I would love to play any player that is better than me, its how i learn to get better, so as soon as we get the pros on this site ill be first in line to have a go.

col