You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

We have a problem in the deep end!!!

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,304
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
We thought we were all happy after TK and Bernies swift action but it appears there has been a glitch. 32 players entered for the 07.15pm Deep Stack thinking it would be 6 handed as promised, unfortunately most of us were disappointed as it was ten handed.  

What was to be a celebration of SKY Poker deep stacks has turned into a bit of a wake. Can this please be looked at again so the mistake is not made again and a look at refundeding all who took part might be appropriate.

We await in anticipation

Comments

• Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    edited October 2009
    In Response to We have a problem in the deep end!!!:
    We thought we were all happy after TK and Bernies swift action but it appears there has been a glitch. 32 players entered for the 07.15pm Deep Stack thinking it would be 6 handed as promised, unfortunately most of us were disappointed as it was ten handed.   What was to be a celebration of SKY Poker deep stacks has turned into a bit of a wake. Can this please be looked at again so the mistake is not made again and a look at refundeding all who took part might be appropriate. We await in anticipation    
    Posted by vaigret
    Mmmm bit of a surprise to me too - much as i like everyone who was playing, rather see them in smaller numbers.  Seriously, entered because i thought they had gone back to 6 seaters so bit of a shock to say the least when it opened as a 10 man.  Is this a mistake and will it be sorted for tomorrow/monday?

(also posted on other thread on this)
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    In Response to We have a problem in the deep end!!!:
    We thought we were all happy after TK and Bernies swift action but it appears there has been a glitch. 32 players entered for the 07.15pm Deep Stack thinking it would be 6 handed as promised, unfortunately most of us were disappointed as it was ten handed.   What was to be a celebration of SKY Poker deep stacks has turned into a bit of a wake. Can this please be looked at again so the mistake is not made again and a look at refundeding all who took part might be appropriate. We await in anticipation    
    Posted by vaigret
    i must be one of the most tight wads around and i entered this, however if you didnt cash i dont think  refunding is appropriate, unless u were logged out
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Loonytoons

I really don't care about the money either, its just not what I paid for. As long as it is sorted so it doesnt happen again I am happy.   
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited October 2009
    if its a case the 7.15pm is 10 seater deepstack ,

wont it clash with 7pm deepstack just a thought .

is this a mistake ,

it would be nice to be informed b4 2morrows  deep stack ,

so players can decide 2 pay in or not .
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009

Hi All,
    Can i just make a point. Yes the forum is a place to let off steam and ask questions.
    But, there is a channel of communication open to go to first, customer services.
    give the bloke a break, he changes the tourneys and within 24 hrs, after your protests, the decision was made to changes them back. If they have not done them, or missed one or two then I would suggest a little patience on our behalf.
    Please remember that Sky Poker react to the players whinges and concerns faster and with more regularity than ANY other poker site. Try going to stars or tilt and see how far you get.
    I'm not trying to preach, because i'm not perfect and have put my point on a few concerns i have had, but and imo, and it's a big but, to many people expect the changes to happen and threatening to leave the site has become tiresome.
    I expect I'll get a lot of replies that disagree with me, fair enough. All i ask that they are not personnel or abusive, as i've tried to be objective and polite.

col

• Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We have a problem in the deep end!!!:
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by razorkev

wake up m8 fire fire fire ,

in 2nd thoughts dont bother  ,

lol
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    Hi All, Can i just make a point. Yes the forum is a place to let off steam and ask questions. But, there is a channel of communication open to go to first, customer services. give the bloke a break, he changes the tourneys and within 24 hrs, after your protests, the decision was made to changes them back. If they have not done them, or missed one or two then I would suggest a little patience on our behalf. Please remember that Sky Poker react to the players whinges and concerns faster and with more regularity than ANY other poker site. Try going to stars or tilt and see how far you get. I'm not trying to preach, because i'm not perfect and have put my point on a few concerns i have had, but and imo, and it's a big but, to many people expect the changes to happen and threatening to leave the site has become tiresome. I expect I'll get a lot of replies that disagree with me, fair enough. All i ask that they are not personnel or abusive, as i've tried to be objective and polite. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    plus 1--well said
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi All, Can i just make a point. Yes the forum is a place to let off steam and ask questions. But, there is a channel of communication open to go to first, customer services. give the bloke a break, he changes the tourneys and within 24 hrs, after your protests, the decision was made to changes them back. If they have not done them, or missed one or two then I would suggest a little patience on our behalf. Please remember that Sky Poker react to the players whinges and concerns faster and with more regularity than ANY other poker site. Try going to stars or tilt and see how far you get. I'm not trying to preach, because i'm not perfect and have put my point on a few concerns i have had, but and imo, and it's a big but, to many people expect the changes to happen and threatening to leave the site has become tiresome. I expect I'll get a lot of replies that disagree with me, fair enough. All i ask that they are not personnel or abusive, as i've tried to be objective and polite. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Sorry if i went throgh wrong channels mr_mbro. Put it down to inexperience of correct channels.I will try and get back to doing what i joined this site to do ie playing poker and stop beleiving in what i am told on these boards.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Posted by mr_mbro

i believe the reason it was posted here is because it a short cut for problem or not [ to be confirmed ] to be sorted out,

the longer route is customer care , this is going on the posts i have read on here .

but u have a valid point m8 .
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited October 2009
    This seems to be the medium that Sky are using to communicate changes, so there should be no concerns with issues being raised here either.
    Having said that, I am sure that this is just a glitch, that will be sorted.  It sounds as though the functionality to change these is a manual labour intensive method.

I am not totally against trying some of the deepstacks as ten seaters to see if they attract more runners, but was not impressed at the short notice and lack of information in the lobbies.  Please do not give up trying make things better just because there was a bit of a gripe.  Next time though plan it ahead, make sure people are aware of the proposed changes and when they are going to happen.

One idea for the 7.30 £22 ds could be to alternate between 10 seat and six seat tourneys (probably not what Bernie wanted to hear).  So 6 seat on Mon, Wed Fri Sun - Ten seat on Tue Thur Sat.  If the ten seat consistantly gets more runners, then change the lot.

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
    Well said MrMbro  ...thing is  changes dont happen over the weekends  ..Monday  ...... and also how many other sites have  a forum ........ and  if they  do     do they listen .?  Patience is a virtue ....
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2009
    CLEARLY STATE WHETHER IT'S 6 OR 10 SEATER IN GAME INFO, it really is that simple...
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2009
    In Response to We have a problem in the deep end!!! : Mmmm bit of a surprise to me too - much as i like everyone who was playing, rather see them in smaller numbers.  Seriously, entered because i thought they had gone back to 6 seaters so bit of a shock to say the least when it opened as a 10 man.  Is this a mistake and will it be sorted for tomorrow/monday? (also posted on other thread on this)
    Posted by TVSpice
    has anybody ever told you that you look like a young meryl streep?

• Options
    beaujolaisbeaujolais Member Posts: 218
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We have a problem in the deep end!!! : has anybody ever told you that you look like a young meryl streep?
    Posted by diablo_pez
    hehehe
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We have a problem in the deep end!!! : has anybody ever told you that you look like a young meryl streep?
    Posted by diablo_pez
     i agree spicey is the right name for u are a hottttttttt lol
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009

In Response to Re: We have a problem in the deep end!!! : wake up m8 fire fire fire , in 2nd thoughts dont bother  , lol
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    ummmmmmm where u get the m8 bit from??
  • Options
    BIG_LADBIG_LAD Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We have a problem in the deep end!!! :  i agree spicey is the right name for u are a hottttttttt lol
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    c,mon guys i got to live with her- her head wont fit through the door lmao
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We have a problem in the deep end!!! : ummmmmmm where u get the m8 bit from??
    Posted by razorkev
    i just rescued  you from a fire and thats my thanks .
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We have a problem in the deep end!!! : c,mon guys i got to live with her- her head wont fit through the door lmao
    Posted by BIG_LAD
    well she never mentioned that in the cyber love letter i got fom her mmmmmmm lol .

n1 big lad