You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New soccer season - First goalscorers

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
edited August 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
During the course of the season (when i can afford it) i like to have a go at the first goalscorers market but especially at the start of the season when strikers are trying to make a good impression at a new club.

The first round of matches in the Championship offer several possibilities. I'm sure i have missed a few but here are the standout ones which i intend to do in a yankee or canadian and other combinations. If the player doesn't play or comes on after the first goal has been scored they count as a non-runner.

Coventry v Leicester (NUGENT FOR LEICESTER)
Brighton v Doncaster (MACKAIL-SMITH FOR BRIGHTON)
Burnley v Watford (IWELUMO FOR WATFORD - against his old club)
Derby v Birmingham (TYSON FOR DERBY or KING FOR BIRMINGHAM)
Middesbrough v Portsmouth (VARNEY FOR PORTSMOUTH)
West Ham v Cardiff (EARNSHAW FOR CARDIFF)

Here's to a good season and promotion for the mighty Leicester!

Comments

• Options
    cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited August 2011
    I think Earnshaw is injured,Also Tyson got a knock in yesterdays 2 0 win against villa so i would not touch those two.I rekon simpson Hull and Phillips Blackpool stand out but if i was having a chance bet on 1st scorer i would go for lambert southampton .
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited August 2011
    i love this kind of bet also....................!

sometimes if the big guns are playing smaller teams i go for 10 # 20p treble,5 # 20p 4 fold and 50p,£1 0r £2 accum =16 bets...need 3 up for a return all 5 score bingo the accum makes it a massive bet.

got one up 3 years ago with 1 non runner nice bet only done it for 2euro 10c trebles and so on with a 50c accum
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: New soccer season - First goalscorers:
    I think Earnshaw is injured,Also Tyson got a knock in yesterdays 2 0 win against villa so i would not touch those two.I rekon simpson Hull and Phillips Blackpool stand out but if i was having a chance bet on 1st scorer i would go for lambert southampton .
    Posted by cleaverjim

As i said, i might miss some and Phillips with Blackpool is a very good shout. If Earnshaw and Tyson are injured then will obviously leave those out of bet. I agree that Lambert is a good bet for Southampton, i was just referring in this thread to strikers making their debuts for new clubs
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited August 2011
    Good idea  _i,ll be having a go at that - Gonna do a lucky31
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Phillips with Blackpool is 13/2  on Bet Fred . If it comes in and he scores a second you get double the odds or a hatrick - treble the odds
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited August 2011
    i love this kind of bet also....................! sometimes if the big guns are playing smaller teams i go for 10 # 20p treble,5 # 20p 4 fold and 50p,£1 0r £2 accum =16 bets...need 3 up for a return all 5 score bingo the accum makes it a massive bet. got one up 3 years ago with 1 non runner nice bet only done it for 2euro 10c trebles and so on with a 50c accum
    Posted by dubmaster
    mackail smith @9/2
    tugday @ 5/1
    sordell @ 8/1
    n.hunt @ 6/1
    g.boyd @ 6/1 done these on the way home as 10 by 10c trebles,5 by 10c 4 fold and 50c accum
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    In Response to New soccer season - First goalscorers:
    During the course of the season (when i can afford it) i like to have a go at the first goalscorers market but especially at the start of the season when strikers are trying to make a good impression at a new club. The first round of matches in the Championship offer several possibilities. I'm sure i have missed a few but here are the standout ones which i intend to do in a yankee or canadian and other combinations. If the player doesn't play or comes on after the first goal has been scored they count as a non-runner. Coventry v Leicester (NUGENT FOR LEICESTER) Brighton v Doncaster (MACKAIL-SMITH FOR BRIGHTON) Burnley v Watford (IWELUMO FOR WATFORD - against his old club) Derby v Birmingham (TYSON FOR DERBY or KING FOR BIRMINGHAM) Middesbrough v Portsmouth (VARNEY FOR PORTSMOUTH) West Ham v Cardiff (EARNSHAW FOR CARDIFF) Here's to a good season and promotion for the mighty Leicester!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

You forgot Chopra for Ipswich :)   looks an obvious  one now he,s scored
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I did, but after Cleaverjim pointed out the fact i'd missed Phillips out from Blackpool, i checked all the Championship teams this morning and noticed Chopra.

I did him in one of my lines but so far that's the only one that's come off, am hoping some of my others were 'non-runners' but i don't think so.
    Listened to the Leicester match earlier today, Nugent missed a sitter from 7 yards before Peltier scored, but it didn't help having Vassell sent off after 10 minutes.
  • Options
    cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited August 2011
    Unlucky start but think nolan west ham may get us out of jail 2 moz. Also back a high scoring game over 2.5 goals but i think 3 2 either way and at 50/1 3 3 is very very tempting
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I did, but after Cleaverjim pointed out the fact i'd missed Phillips out from Blackpool, i checked all the Championship teams this morning and noticed Chopra. I did him in one of my lines but so far that's the only one that's come off, am hoping some of my others were 'non-runners' but i don't think so. Listened to the Leicester match earlier today, Nugent missed a sitter from 7 yards before Peltier scored, but it didn't help having Vassell sent off after 10 minutes.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

yeah - Nugent hit post

what about Kenny Miller ?  just scored the winner in last minute for cardiff

• Options
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: New soccer season - First goalscorers : yeah - Nugent hit post what about Kenny Miller ?  just scored the winner in last minute for cardiff
    Posted by MP33
    Yes i know, the league is full of good strikers making their debuts for clubs! I know there was a choice between him and Earnshaw but unfortunately i picked Earnshaw!

On this thread there are at least nine possible options that fall into the new club, new striker remit. I think its a question of picking four of five and sticking with them for five or six weeks.

Must be honest and say that even as a Leicester fan i might ditch Nugent from the longlist and include a striker like Chopra at Ipswich who always the starts the season really well wherever he is and then usually fades a bit.

Next week with the start of the Premiership there are some more names to throw into the mix including

Nzogbia (Aston Villa)
    Morison (Norwich)
    Gervinho (Arsenal)
    Goodwillie (Blackburn) and although he's not a striker Henderson is making his debut for Liverpool against his old club Sunderland