You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Skybet odds compilers

loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
edited August 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Having looked at some of the odds offered on skybet i have come to the conclusion that they must look at the oppositions odds and then move theirs in a point, eg if paddy power offer 10/1, then sky offer 9/1, this is the case so many times that sky's odds are worse than their market competitors. Surely they can match the best of the other big bookmakers, use that as a selling point ''we'll match any odds that our main competition offer in any sporting event'' Another example is their either/or bets. An example of this today was they offered 9/1 if mickelson or woods wins the golf so if you put £1 on and one of them wins you get £10 return, but at the same time they were offering them both up as singles at 20/1, work that one out lol. My last gripe concerns tournaments where semi finals and finals are played on the same night, Sundays being particularly apt for skybet. They will offer odds on the semi finals, but no odds on the final, you just cant bet on it, an example of this is the darts last week, punters could not have a bet on the final. End of rant!!!

Comments

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2011
    +1 Think sky are just aiming for the watchin it on the telly red button punters
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2011
    Yeh, Skybet really are a bit rediculous with their odds. I think it was Southend I was looking at backing to win League2, The boss at work had the odds checker up, Skybet gave 16/1 and Will Hill were 28/1! Thats a huge difference.

The trouble is all my betting / poker money is all in Sky, maybe next time I cash some out I'll put it direct onto a different site for just sports bets