You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£10 to £10k challenge

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited December 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
This was lucy4's idea at the beginning of last season & I didn't do then but I'm gonna have a go this time round.

If I'm being totally honest if I get anywhere near 4 figures there's a strong chance I'll chicken out & withdraw to start again. 

So I've finally got my finger out & opened an account elsewhere for this & have made my first pick.

I can't find lucy's original thread but for anyone who doesn't know about it you must make one selection each week at minimum odds of 1/2. Stake your original £10 & if (when?) it comes in you do the same the following week by staking everything.

I was torn between three selections to start with but in the end I decided to go with Huddersfield to beat Bury at home @ 7/10.

I'll make one selection every time there's a full round (or best part of) fixtures in the Prem and/or football league. I might decide to make a selection when cup games are going on but these will be optional.

If you're also having a go at this then update your progress on this thread & let's see who can get closest to the 10k

Good luck peeps

Jay

Comments

• Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited August 2011
    i'll have a go at this aswell,willpost later my pick...............gl
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2011
    The odds were rubbish so I did a double...

Southampton and Leeds
    Charlton and Bournemouth

£10 bet for a £26 return
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,323
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge:
    The odds were rubbish so I did a double... Southampton and Leeds Charlton and Bournemouth £10 bet for a £26 return
    Posted by FlashFlush
    SLOWLY SLOWLY CATCHEY MONKEY.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    put my 10 0n forest @ 4/6
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    put my 10 0n forest @ 4/6
    Posted by dubmaster
    start again next week
  • Options
    BIGAL118BIGAL118 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2011
    im starting with the hammers on sunday at home to cardiff
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Not a good start yesterday with Huddersfield letting me down (& everyone else by the looks of things too!).

Never mind, I'll start again today & I'm gonna be backing my boys to get off to a flyer against Cardiff at home @ 10/11
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited August 2011
    £10 on charity shield to be a draw at half time. 2.00
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Awful start this weekend. Nevermind, reload & start again next week
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Didn't get off to a good start with the hammers today so looking for a more certain bet for the coming week to get me started on the way to £10k, although i will probably bottle it and cash in if the money is there
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited August 2011
    already up and running in this.

have £40.80 which i put on peterboro/c.palace over 2.5 goals @ 4/5.

now have £73.44

be lucky
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    thinking either Man Utd to win at West Brom or Man City v Swansea over 2.5goals, might even do both.
  • Options
    ALFIE123ALFIE123 Member Posts: 287
    edited August 2011
    Gonna have a go but dont think i will get to 10k will bottle out of it.
    Will start with Carling Cup and i know it can be a Mickey Mouse cup as clubs field weak teams
    what the heck Its the 1st week.

West Ham
    Southampton
    Burnley
    Ipswich

£ 10.00 pays  £ 38.61
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited August 2011
    Jay, i thought the idea of this was to pick 1 match out of all the days games and bet on "Both to Score"?

Or are you just looking for the best bet out of all the games?

I remember you used to be pretty hot on the "Both to Score" market.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,323
    edited August 2011
    Jay, i thought the idea of this was to pick 1 match out of all the days games and bet on "Both to Score"? Or are you just looking for the best bet out of all the games? I remember you used to be pretty hot on the "Both to Score" market.
    Posted by splashies
    That was the original idea, pick 1 game a week at a price of around evens (which most of the "both to score" bets are) then just keep putting all the winnings on the next weeks match, for 10 weeks. Work it out, it soon mounts up after a few weeks. We should all be able to pick out 1 match per week that meets them odds, (well it sounds easy enough) haha.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2011
    I did 2 at the weekend because I wanted to back Southampton and Leeds but the odds were 4/7! As it turned out they did both score but my other match let me down lol.

For the Carling cup tonight I've gone with Hartlepool vs Sheff UTD £10 @ 4/5
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    10 on bury v coventry both to score @ 5/6 = 18.33 euro

gl all
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jay, i thought the idea of this was to pick 1 match out of all the days games and bet on "Both to Score"? Or are you just looking for the best bet out of all the games? I remember you used to be pretty hot on the "Both to Score" market.
    Posted by splashies
    I must admit I wasn't too sure if there was a stipulation on the market but I couldn't find the thread. I thought I'd just go for what looked like the best bet out of all the games but I suspect I'll be backing the both to score market more often than not as there's better value there generally.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: £10 to £10k challenge : I must admit I wasn't too sure if there was a stipulation on the market but I couldn't find the thread. I thought I'd just go for what looked like the best bet out of all the games but I suspect I'll be backing the both to score market more often than not as there's better value there generally.
    Posted by silentbob
    Get on Ipswich v Northampton "Both to Score". Dead Cert!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    10 on bury v coventry both to score @ 5/6 = 18.33 euro gl all
    Posted by dubmaster
    will i go again tomorrow or wait till saturday????

what do you all think...1 a week or just keep going if there is games????