You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ante Post Racing?

MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
edited August 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
I,m not really clued up on racing but was wondering if i could get any help or tips for Ante-post racing

I,ve been keeping an eye on the 2000 guinees nxt year where Power was favourite, at 7/1 a few weeks ago until Harbour watch won a race the other day and went in from around 25/1 - 12/1 and now 10/1

Power was beaten by Lilllborne Lad who was 28/1 for the 2000 guinees EDIT just spotted it at 40/1 at another bookies so had another£3

I had a £20 on Harbour watch before that race for the guinees as my thinking was if he won it at a very short price he would go in for the guinees and even if he lost it night have been an off day and he,s still got a chance for the guinees

Similary , although i waited until after the race this time I just had £5 on Lilborne lad at 28/1 as it had just beaten the so-called fav only a week or so ago 

what i,m trying to find out - Is it best to back ante-post for the big races in the long run if your quick off the mark in getting your bets on even though you have to wait several months for a possible payout and also considering as i mainly do it on the exchanges you don,t get your money back if the horese pulls out before? (and is this common) ?

Hope that makes sense