You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

USPGA

splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
edited August 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Here are my boys to bring home the bacon this week.

EventPickOddsStake
USPGASergio Garcia40/1£5 e/w
USPGAHunter Mahan50/1£5 e/w
USPGAPeter Hanson125/1£5 e/w

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited August 2011
    I've gone for...

Lee Westwood £10 win only @ 14/1
    Jason Day £10 Win only @ 25/1
    Freddie Jacobson £5 e/w @ 100/1

I want to do Rickie Fowler 1st round leader but it isn't up at the moment. I also want to do a double, Kaymer and Woods to both miss the cut, but I'll need to ring up for that.

Does any1 know how you work the odds out for that? They are both 2/1.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: USPGA:
    I've gone for... Lee Westwood £10 win only @ 14/1 Jason Day £10 Win only @ 25/1 Freddie Jacobson £5 e/w @ 100/1 I want to do Rickie Fowler 1st round leader but it isn't up at the moment. I also want to do a double, Kaymer and Woods to both miss the cut, but I'll need to ring up for that. Does any1 know how you work the odds out for that? They are both 2/1.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    3.00 x 3.00 = 9.00 = 8/1
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cheers, I'll have a flutter on that. It won't let me do it online so i need to ring up for it
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited August 2011
    Interesting statistic:

The 3 major winners this year, Charles Schwartzel, Rory Mcilroy & Darren Clarke are all managed by ex professional golfer Andrew "Chubby" Chandler. other golfers in his stable include Ernie Els, Louis Oosthuizen, David Howell and Lee Westwood.

If you fancy a clean sweep i'm sure you'll get good odds on it.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Interesting statistic: The 3 major winners this year, Charles Schwartzel, Rory Mcilroy & Darren Clarke are all managed by ex professional golfer Andrew "Chubby" Chandler. other golfers in his stable include Ernie Els, Louis Oosthuizen, David Howell and Lee Westwood. If you fancy a clean sweep i'm sure you'll get good odds on it.
    Posted by labrat64
    There's your winner right there! Kept improving at the weekend, and a final round of -5. That's my tip of the week @ 14/1 (on Skybet)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    If anyone is think of backing Francesco Molinari......

DON'T!

He's got a dodgy wrist and hasn't practised at all.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited August 2011
    In Response to USPGA:
    Here are my boys to bring home the bacon this week. Event Pick Odds Stake USPGA Sergio Garcia 40/1 £5 e/w USPGA Hunter Mahan 50/1 £5 e/w USPGA Peter Hanson 125/1 £5 e/w
    Posted by splashies
    God i've grown to detest this jumped up g it, i used to like him when he 1st came on the scene, then he got boring, regriping his club 50 times when addressing the ball, FFS just hit it! Then i saw him in the final round of the British open, it was raining and he was acting like a total woose, my grandaughter has more gusto than him, i know he's spanish but crickey, a bit of rain and he's acting like a wee kid lol. If he wins this i will eat my hat, he's cr ap lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    In Response to USPGA : God i've grown to detest this jumped up g it, i used to like him when he 1st came on the scene, then he got boring, regriping his club 50 times when addressing the ball, FFS just hit it! Then i saw him in the final round of the British open, it was raining and he was acting like a total woose, my grandaughter has more gusto than him, i know he's spanish but crickey, a bit of rain and he's acting like a wee kid lol. If he wins this i will eat my hat, he's cr ap lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    lol

The only thing that worries me about his game is his putting. Tee to green he is as solid as they come.

• Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited August 2011
    GARCIA@55/1 £2 E/W
    Z.JOHNSON@50/1 £2 E/W
    KUCHAR@45/1 £2 E/W
    AND A FEW OUTSIDERS CANT BE BOTHERED TO WRITE.
    GL
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited August 2011
    i stuck with gary woodland again  2.50ew @ 80/1  and put 2 ew @ 125/1 on davis love  a few thers like garcia,oglivy and c. triangle are icthing at me to put money on..will wait and see.......i thonk the americans are going to take this one down!!!!!
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited August 2011

Will have to go for Lee Westwood and Rickie Fowler both £5 ew for this one. Anybody know Steve Williams price for the last major!!!!!!(i like adam scott but his caddie is a tool! celebrating his "best win" out of his 143 tour victories!) 

• Options
    BIGAL118BIGAL118 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2011
    Gone for Phil Mickelson in the US PGA, was going to bet on Lee Westwood but i felt 14/1 didnt offer much value
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited August 2011
    Any1 know why Kaymer is so big @ 35/1? Somerthing to do with the course? injury? 
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Any1 know why Kaymer is so big @ 35/1? Somerthing to do with the course? injury? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Just struggled a bit this year because he's tried faffing around with his ball flight! Should do alright this week though. I'd never bet against him.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: USPGA : Just struggled a bit this year because he's tried faffing around with his ball flight! Should do alright this week though. I'd never bet against him.
    Posted by splashies
    I just did ;-)
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited August 2011

Well with skybet Kaymer went to 45/1 before even teeing off, really don't know why.

But my three fiddy e/w is on him.

Was just gonna put 7 beans on the nose until he drifted again.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I've gone for... Lee Westwood £10 win only @ 14/1 Jason Day £10 Win only @ 25/1 Freddie Jacobson £5 e/w @ 100/1 I want to do Rickie Fowler 1st round leader but it isn't up at the moment. I also want to do a double, Kaymer and Woods to both miss the cut, but I'll need to ring up for that. Does any1 know how you work the odds out for that? They are both 2/1.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well that bets looking good isn't it. ffs lol
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well its looking a lot better now! From -3 after 5 holes and tied for the lead, 60 minutes later he is now +3 and tied for 60th :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well its looking a lot better now! From -3 after 5 holes and tied for the lead, 60 minutes later he is now +3 and tied for 60th :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I'd worry more about the kaymer side of the bet!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    1st 2 holes he has got lucky. Both wild tee shots, 1 bounces into the middle of the fairway and the other gives him a shot at the green still. Run better.

Evidently he isn't driving it well and its only a matter of time before he gets punished if it doesn't improve so not too worried atm