You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tables Locked into position

djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
edited September 2011 in Community Help & Advice

Ok guys heres a weird one,just started happening,and it does not matter whether i use Internet Explorer Google Chrome or Download.....

i open a few poker windows,then all of a sudden i try and move one of these windows over to other side of screen,and it all locks,i can still scroll main page up and down but cannot click on anything, i have to press CTRL ALT DELETE,then just select cancel and i can use keyboard again.....but the moment i try and move any of the poker windows,it all locks again...

I have run virus checker-nothing,registry fix-no faults,tried all 3 methods of play(IE,CHROME,DOWNLOAD) and after a while they all do it..

dont think it can be my software...but maybe you can help?

Comments

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited August 2011
    Try installing Process Explorer (from Microsoft) and leave it running.

Go to view /> Select columns and add CPU History then you will get a program by program breakdown of CPU usage like this screen shot below.

http://nezumi-lab.org/gif/proc_exp_wait.gif

Next time it happens open Process Explorer and see if you can see if anything is spiking the CPU usage.
  • djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for the help,i have installed this,but as yet(i have updated my graphics card driver) it has not heppened again..

edited August 2011

No is back again tonight , cannot move poker table windows,without it locking the keyboard.
    edited August 2011

ok, have discovered that if i open the lobby of the tournment game i playing i can move the windows again,but if i close it then they freeze again and cannot be moved,it is all very weird,and most noticeable when i have 5 or 6 games in play.
    edited September 2011
    ok i have found the solution,i had a faulty ram chip on my dimm board, this was causing the problems...
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tables Locked into position:
    ok i have found the solution,i had a faulty ram chip on my dimm board, this was causing the problems...
    Posted by djblacke04
    Strange symptoms for a faulty ram chip, but good job on fixing it.
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tables Locked into position:
    In Response to Re: Tables Locked into position : Strange symptoms for a faulty ram chip, but good job on fixing it.
    Posted by Machka

No i was wrong its back again..:)

edited September 2011
    I did think it was strange that would cause the problem.  Usually a memory failure would result in a lockup / blue screen of death.

I would still put it down to software and Process Explorer would be the way to find the culprit.