You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What is going on?

TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
edited October 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
   I have been playing on this site for a little while and have played against some good players and some total muppets. I play mainly in DYM sit and goes and have seen a lot of crazy things. All in bluffs on the river called by bottom pair, big all in raises called by 2 4. But what i saw earlier today i just could not believe. The situation was we were down to 4 players with 1 really short stack and the blinds were 75 and 150. UTG the short stack goes all in for 210 and is instacalled by the big stack, the SB folds and i call from the BB. The flop comes down 10 10 2, i check and the big stack bets out 400 to which i fold.   The hands then get turned over , shorty had 33 and the big stack shows K9. Fortunately he spiked a 9 on the turn to end it all.

Is it just me or is that bluff on the flop so incredibly stupid that it beggars belief. Hopefully i am not the only one who can not understand why he would bluff into a dry side pot on the bubble.

Talon

Comments

• Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2009
    whoops just realised ive put this in the wrong place. Can someone move it please
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited October 2009

Daftest bet in daft-ville really.
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    Had a similar scenario on the bubble in a DYM last night. short stack had less than a bb, and both sb and myself in bb called. Then sb bet out of the flop, so I had to pass 10 5.

SB turns over nothing after the river, so short stack's 33 takes it. Board ended up being 10 high, so it would have been over. Still cashed, but I had a polite word in the chat box - nonsensical bet 
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: What is going on?:
    Had a similar scenario on the bubble in a DYM last night. short stack had less than a bb, and both sb and myself in bb called. Then sb bet out of the flop, so I had to pass 10 5. SB turns over nothing after the river, so short stack's 33 takes it. Board ended up being 10 high, so it would have been over. Still cashed, but I had a polite word in the chat box - nonsensical bet 
    Posted by darich
    Feel soz 4 you guys this site is full of these players who just do not understand how to cash.GL on the tables lads
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009

I started an intersting thread in poker strategy recently on this very subject. Well worth a read.

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    I started an intersting thread in poker strategy recently on this very subject. Well worth a read.
    Posted by Hale72
    If youve got an hour lol (only jokin)
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: What is going on? : If youve got an hour lol (only jokin)
    Posted by loonytoons
    True, sorry mate, I do struggle to get my point across in one line.

Typical woman, why use 1 word when 438 will do!