You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bandwith Usage for Sky Poker?

RyanAA85RyanAA85 Member Posts: 28
edited August 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hi guys,Does anyone know approx how many MB you would use up per hour playing 1/2 tables on here?A bit of a geeky question I know but BT have just advised me I have exceeded 17GB last month, seems awfully high and it does seem to correspond with when I started out on here.ThanksRyan

Comments

• NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited August 2011
    I'm sure there has been a thread on this subject where Machka posted some stats, but I can't find it via the search. No doubt he'll be along with a link soooooooon

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited August 2011
    Google bandwidth monitors.

Download and install one of the many free ones available, then next time you're going to play note down your usage before and after.
  • donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited August 2011
    If you play alot you are best off going with someone who provides unlimited broadband, I use sky ofc.

• scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2011
    yh machka is your man
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited August 2011
    Never had this issue as i have unlimited , talktalk ftw ;))
  • MMegabyteMMegabyte Member Posts: 334
    edited August 2011
    Netmeter is your friend. Also shows if there's any suspicious activity, such as constant uploading and downloading when you're not doing anything,
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited August 2011
    See this thread here.

But the summary is:
    One hour of usage by 1 table, 1 lobby (275 players) in the download client was about 10.2MB downloaded and 2.2MB uploaded.

Let's say you 2-table, 5 hours a day for 25 days of the month.

10.2MB x 2 x 5 x 25 = 2.55GB.

• MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited August 2011
    Have you been streaming the show online?  As that uses about 360MB / hour or 1.44GB / show.