You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

FAVOURITE PRESENTER AND WHY? ( JUST BIT OF FUN )

2»

Comments

• IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2009

I don`t think it would be fair to pick an individual, i think it is the sum of the parts that makes the show work so well.

I would like to see some of the original analysts making an occasional appearance like Nick and Tim/Jason

mix some of the doubles up a little bit.

Norm and Jason (similar sense of humour)

Keep Tikay and Rich together would be a shame to split them as Tikay has carried him for a long time now.
    Rich is just starting to take some of the load off him

How about the occasional celebrity comedian like you used to have "but use one that someone has heard of"

Jo Brand would be good
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
    edited July 2009

".....Keep Tikay and Rich together would be a shame to split them as Tikay has carried him for a long time now......"

Oh boy, Orford's gonna love that......;)
  • Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2009

Get to ceasers !

Shall be walking round the strip soon after a great first night :)
    Might pop in and see how your getting on

• JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    What i would like to see between is a head up battle between the presenters/analysts best of 5 between the lines up ive listed below all i put who i think would win what about you lot? should be fun :-)p.s got a feeling some presenters won't be happy with me lol.  

TK vs Norm  

Ed vs Trev 

Matt vs Dan 

Rich vs mich   

I think the winners would be TK ED Matt Rich.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: FAVOURITE PRESENTER AND WHY? ( JUST BIT OF FUN ):
    Get to ceasers ! Shall be walking round the strip soon after a great first night :) Might pop in and see how your getting on
    Posted by Nutter5932

Ben - Yo!

How was your journey?

Why don't you come cross & play Ceasars, too? Noon start - go on, you know you want to!
  • Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: FAVOURITE PRESENTER AND WHY? ( JUST BIT OF FUN ) : Ben - Yo! How was your journey? Why don't you come cross & play Ceasars, too? Noon start - go on, you know you want to!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha i'm tempted but haven't had breakfast yet or re-unpacked from room changes !
    31st floor ! journey wasn't t bad wanted to play las night after the meal with the
    others but my legs litrally died :(

Might try play something today somewhere when sorted enjoy your day off :)
    edited July 2009
    What i would like to see between is a head up battle between the presenters/analysts best of 5 between the lines up ive listed below all i put who i think would win what about you lot? should be fun :-)p.s got a feeling some presenters won't be happy with me lol.   TK vs Norm     Ed vs Trev  Matt vs Dan  Rich vs mich    I think the winners would be TK ED Matt Rich.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    I think Rich v Michelle would be a 0-0 Draw.

;)
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: FAVOURITE PRESENTER AND WHY? ( JUST BIT OF FUN ) : Ha i'm tempted but haven't had breakfast yet or re-unpacked from room changes ! 31st floor ! journey wasn't t bad wanted to play las night after the meal with the others but my legs litrally died :( Might try play something today somewhere when sorted enjoy your day off :)
    Posted by Nutter5932
    I realy think you should play some Vegas Poker BEFORE you play the Main Event, it's the biggest Event of your life, so it's important you get a feel for how it plays out here. I persuaded (they did not need much persuading, mind!) Dan & Haysie to play Ceasars the night before the $1,500, & look what happened in that!

Really, it's up to you, I guess you could play tomorrow, but today is my last Rest Day, I'm working non-stop all the way froim here on in, so I doubt if I'll get chance to play again, & it'd be so cool to play a Tourney with you, as I cannot play SPUKT Events, as you know, pah!

Poker - it's why we come to Vegas!

Anyway Ben, whatever you do today, just enjoy. If I don't see you at Ceasars, I might see you tonight - I think it's the "Welcome Dinner". Which will be a problem if I go deep at Ceasars, but on current form, not much danger there!

Later, Ben.

If you want my 'phone number, Adam has it.
  • SpikeladSpikelad Member Posts: 406
    edited July 2009
    [This is a tough call choosing one from all the presenters but i would have to say Tikay.
    edited July 2009

Thank you Spike, that's very kind of you.

Now, for everyone - not just you Spike - I should explain something.

On the Live Shows, the "front of Camera" pairings are comprised of a Presenter, & an Analyst.

The Presenters role is much harder, they have to be real Pros at what they do. They "drive" the Show, & have to be ready to handle technical issues as & when they arise, & the Show get's it's signature from a good Presenter. They have to write the Script, set the mood & tone, handle "hard counts" into breaks, Promos & "VT's", handle Live 'Phone-Ins, da de da. It's much, much, harder than it looks, & the best Presenters make it look easy.

The Analysts are the "sidekicks" really, our job is a great deal easier - assuming we know our poker basics. We feed off the Presenter, do the Hand Analysis & Tourney analysis, answer the e-Mails, etc. We don't have a script, because all our "to-camera" work is ad-libbed, by necessity, as we do not see the Hands in advance, we see them exactly when the viewers do. We operate the "clicker", a litle remote control device which, when clicked, shows the next "action", & if we talk too much, or too little, or go too slow, or too fast, the Producer tells us to speed up/slow down via our earpiece from the Gallery.

All this, of course, depends on the Production Staff, in the Gallery, without whom there would be no Show. There lies the real skill, but that's another story. All our Procuction Crew can play poker to a decent standard - one is actully a Ladies World Champion.

So thats how it works. As you can see, The Presenters role is much tougher, & entails far more work, more skill, & greater responsibility.*

* Rich Orford excepted. ;)

• bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited July 2009

Compo and Helen Mirram ...???

Or, 
     Bradley Walsh and Michelle Orph ..?? 

Or,
     TK  and  Barbara Windsor ??

Or

Rich and Sally Webster ??

Or
    Norman and Faith Brown ??  (yes that would be my favourite..!! hahahaa ) 
    edited July 2009
    Hi Tikay
    You know i totally agree with your remarks, as i posted.
    I don`t think it would be fair to pick an individual, i think it is the sum of the parts that makes the show work so well.

We know we go on about Richard as you do in but always in fun, he loves this game as we all do, whatever level you play at.
    I think sky are very lucky to still have Richard, there are a lot of presenters out there in high rated prime time shows that couldn`t hold a candle to him.

Mr and Mrs for instance

LOL

Gary
    edited July 2009
    Hi Tikay You know i totally agree with your remarks, as i posted.
    I don`t think it would be fair to pick an individual, i think it is the sum of the parts that makes the show work so well. We know we go on about Richard as you do in but always in fun, he loves this game as we all do, whatever level you play at. I think sky are very lucky to still have Richard, there are a lot of presenters out there in high rated prime time shows that couldn`t hold a candle to him. Mr and Mrs for instance LOL Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Mr & Mrs!

As I'm sure you know, Gary, in truth, I have nothing but admiration for Richard, & he's an absolute dream to work with.

Mr Orford's Shows are never dull. Bad, sure, but dull, no.
  • rossjb14rossjb14 Member Posts: 700
    edited July 2009

Hi,

I really enjoyed reading this discussion.  I've only been playing poker for about 4 months and watching sky poker has helped me learn the game.  As well as the good advice & tips, the humour between presenters & analysts is excellent (all of them).  Always makes me smile & laugh especially Michelle with her blonde moments!

Though Tikay's comments and praise of the presenters & crew was top notch.  You are too modest Tikay, Sky Poker wouldn't be the same without you! Enjoy Vegas, I know you don't have a day off for a week but we appreciate the work you do ;)

Cheers

Ross

P.S. Is Richard the only presenter left at the mo?  The man is overworked, however still provides the laughs each night!

edited July 2009
    Hi Tikay
    Totally in agreement with you there

just realised though i seem to be doing the same as you on the footnote thingy

* Rich Orford excepted. ;)

Mr Orford's Shows are never dull. Bad, sure, but dull, no.

Mr and Mrs for instance

LOL