You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What are your views on poker tracking software?

namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
For those who dont know,poker tracking software records information about your opponents as you play and you can then look back on it and see what did in a certain situation last time around.

some say its completely fine while others say its not fair and a form of cheating,what are your views?

Comments

• cabbie007cabbie007 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2009
    Not sure the Poker Tracker or Hold'em Manager are supported by Sky Poker ?
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited June 2009
    I dont think any tracking software can be used with sky.

I use it on other sites, but dont really agree with it. I only use it as I know so many others are using it, and not having it is putting myself at a disadvantage.

I hear of some ppl who cannot play without it.
  • Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited June 2009
    Some new Hand History functionality should go live on the site later today.  We will be following this up with a further dev that will enable Poker Tracker or Hold'em Manager support.  We'll post here first when the direction is confirmed.
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: What are your views on poker tracking software?:
    Some new Hand History functionality should go live on the site later today.  We will be following this up with a further dev that will enable Poker Tracker or Hold'em Manager support.  We'll post here first when the direction is confirmed.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    This.
    Is.
    Huge.
  • diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited June 2009
    poker tracker should NOT be allowed

well done sky - more assistance for people to "cheat"

a brain is what was given to us to remember things.......
  • offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited June 2009
    its hardly cheating, it does not tell you how to play poker.
  • diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited June 2009
    its hardly cheating, it does not tell you how to play poker.
    Posted by offshoot
    matter of opinion i guess
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited June 2009

I think it would be good

I find it so annoying that the opponent does not have to show their cards even if you call
    you have paid to see their cards and get the information on betting styles etc, this would be invaluable later should you come up against the same player again.
    Regards

• YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited June 2009
    I think it would be good I find it so annoying that the opponent does not have to show their cards even if you call
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    I'm pretty certain that when you get to the showdown, if you call a bet, then the bettor's hand is ALWAYS shown first on this site. Though in live play this isn't the case anywhere near as often as it should be.
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: What are your views on poker tracking software? : I'm pretty certain that when you get to the showdown, if you call a bet, then the bettor's hand is ALWAYS shown first on this site. Though in live play this isn't the case anywhere near as often as it should be.
    Posted by YoungUn
    Sorry have not played this site 4 a while, party poker has a check box option to muck un called loosing hands.
    If sky poker does it the other way then thats great
    soon as i re-build my bankroll will be back on
    Thanks for the reply 
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited June 2009
    I don't see any problem with using tracker software. It's not that much different to using something like sharkscope and a lot of players use that including me.

The way I see it is that there are thousands of players online and it's very difficult to keep track of all of them and their playing styles.

As diablo said, it's a matter of opinion but I personally don't have any problem with it
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited July 2009
    I don't see any problem with using tracker software. It's not that much different to using something like sharkscope and a lot of players use that including me. The way I see it is that there are thousands of players online and it's very difficult to keep track of all of them and their playing styles. As diablo said, it's a matter of opinion but I personally don't have any problem with it
    Posted by silentbob
    I think poker tracker is hugely different to sharkscope.

I do not think Sky should enable PT/HEM etc. It will change the site forever for the worse.

Be interesting to know what others think.
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2009
    I don't really see the software as cheating as alot of cash players tend to take notes on other players at the table when they play anyway... but think its more useful for them as they come across the same names on a regular basis, enabling them to decide how to play certain hands against certain types of players... but as I said the majority already do this... so would just be an additional aid...

As an MTT player, I might well use it... but obviously I don't sit down with the same group of players everytime... so maybe wouldnt be as useful for myself...

I definately wouldnt class it as cheating though... as I said alot of players already do this... just using their intelligence to make the best profit out of playing...

• stienstien Member Posts: 332
    edited July 2009
    This is a step in the right direction. I expect to fall off my chair laughing when the numbers come up on some of the players on here.