You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Deep stacks?

TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
    I am normally a solely DYM player but today i decided to give a deep stack a go.  There were only 9 runners but there was some really good play and great chat. We reached the second break with 4 of us still running and good playable stacks compared to the blinds. I ended up going out on the money bubble but i had over 2 hours of great fun for £2.20. A big shout out to my fellow players, Hale, saint, lucky and our winner Rattious. Also thanks to pillowman for railing us. Although i will not stop playing the DYMs i will definitely play some more deep stacks. Hopefully my game will improve and i can pick up some cashes but where else can you buy 2 hours of fun for 2 pound.  Who knows a bit more practice and i might give Tikay a run for his money. Well i can dream.

Comments

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009

Have a peek in the 'daytime deep stack ' thread.

Seems to me most people don't even know they exist (me included)

Will definately try and get one a day in, on the days I play.

Advantage of the deep stack is that I should still be able to multi table with a dym at the same time.

Hence I still get the buzz of fast paced poker, but the quality of a deepstack.

It's just win/win.

And yes, for 2.20, no one can go wrong.

People will throw that on a russian roullette and be out 1st hand.

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    glad you enjoyed it talon they really are immense fun.hope to see ya in one again soon GL
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    I can't seem to see these deepies on the tournament list. All the normal structures only.

Dave
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    That was my problem but I found em today no probs.
    quarter past the hour 2.20 each.

i just clicked on the mtt tag, I didnt then shorten the options and it was there.
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited October 2009
       Just p[layed my second and played really badly. But have got the bug for them.  Will continue to play them and if i can get my BR up enough maybe even have a stab at one of the bigger ones. Good luck to all who play in them and hopefully i will join you.
  • Options
    lucky77777lucky77777 Member Posts: 1,444
    edited October 2009
    hi talon yes it was a very gg and well played i am always in the deepstacks so will have anpther great game with u all the best m8 keep it
                            all the best everyone and gl 
                                                                       lucky77777