You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site problems today (21st October)

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,

we are currently experiencing a few technical issues that may effect your site experience. please bear with us and be patient. if anyone has had problems playing on tables/ withdrawing/ depositing etc we will look to give refunds shortly.

please contact customer care if you think you have been affected.

customer care

Comments

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    RICH TY 4 YOUR COMMENTS MUCH APPRECIATED
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    no worries kev. i appreciate it is really frustrating but once things calmed down if you have lost and funds that you deposited you will be refunded.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    I'm sure every upgrade brings out a few gremlins.

I bet the I.T. team are running around like headless chickens at the moment.

I must be one of the lucky ones. Everything seems fine to me.

Shame that the only way at the minute people can speak to someone is via the forums, But now there are plenty of 'site not working' threads.

Just an appeal, can everyone keep the problems to this thread. Otherwise, in an hour you will need to go back 3 pages to get a read about something thats not problem related.

I know it's very frustrating when you cash has gone bye, byes and you cant open a game but a little co-operation from all of us might just get these problems fixed quicker.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    OK RICH i understand there is problems but a little frustrated by c care yet again, im sure the refund will be put in l8er anyway so no worries
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    thanks Kev.

everyone - all the problems should be fixed with the site working as it should. now go and enjoy the new toys!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318
    edited October 2009

Things seem to be settling down now.

The Site did not "breakdown" this morning, as one Poster suggested, it was a scheduled outage.

They have this morning installed a whole raft of improved features - the first of several major upgrades planned for the next three months - & it's very complex stuff.

It's now mostly finished, & all the bells & whistles are now coming back progressively, with the new Features too.

To improve the Site these Upgrades, & the bit of temporary hassle that goes along with them, have to be done.

I hope that all makes sense.
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Does everyone know what all the new features are, & how they work?

If not just ask, & I'll work through them with you, one by one.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Mine is working fine now, can see the Lobby and can see my account / my profile.

Looking forward to using the new improvements. Not that I can play cash at the moment, but the fact we are going to be able to see the players cards when all in will make things better.

Sky ever evolving :) Even the presenters are winning the Open now. 

TK am I right to say that we now have one analyst and one presenter winning it? ;)

• Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site problems this morning (21st October):
    Does everyone know what all the new features are, & how they work? If not just ask, & I'll work through them with you, one by one.
    Posted by Tikay10
    no need thanks tikay.

check the sticky thread 'SKY POKER CHANGES'
  • Options
    skicowboysskicowboys Member Posts: 162
    edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay/guys. Yes there were some minor hiccups this morning, but support have sorted it out and i'm off to play with the new toys!!
    Is this going to help/harm the speed of the site, as this has been an issue for me and others in the past, i.e. is there anything behind the scenes in this upgrade that will help or do the new toys slow it down at all, just curious, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mine is working fine now, can see the Lobby and can see my account / my profile. Looking forward to using the new improvements. Not that I can play cash at the moment, but the fact we are going to be able to see the players cards when all in will make things better. Sky ever evolving :) Even the presenters are winning the Open now.  TK am I right to say that we now have one analyst and one presenter winning it? ;)
    Posted by Grimstar30
    2 Analysts actually - James Browning (no longer with us) won the Open, as well as myself.

And Lisa got 2nd in a big BH last Friday - she's deffo the best Presenter Player on the books right now, & is far easier on the eye than Orford, too.

As to Orford, well, it pains me to say it. But he played it technically perfect, from start to finish. Like you, & many, many, others, I Railed him from 3 or 4 Tables out, & he was Billy Low Stack all the time. down to as little as 4 or 5 x BB's several times, he clung & clung, just waited & waited, tikay stylee, for the right spots to push. I don't buy this "you HAVE to shove regardless when down to 10 x BB" nonsense - you MUST wait for the "right spots", it takes great nerve & patience, & Rich did it brilliantly. In fact, technically, I think he played it absolutely perfectly, he did not make one mistake, or miss one "spot".

There, I've been nice to him. That's the last time. Ever.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    I seem to recall Dave Compton winning one.

I may be mistaken though.

No, I was wrong, Compo was the presenter the night James Browning won it.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I seem to recall Dave Compton winning one. I may be mistaken though.
    Posted by Hale72
    No, Dave "5-2" Compton never won one.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Does everyone know what all the new features are, & how they work? If not just ask, & I'll work through them with you, one by one.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tk

Little confused as the poker lobby is updise down is this how its working now ie torns that are 1 min away from starting are at the bottom of page?
  • Options
    tikay1tikay1 Member Posts: 741
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site problems this morning (21st October) : Hi tk Little confused as the poker lobby is updise down is this how its working now ie torns that are 1 min away from starting are at the bottom of page?
    Posted by razorkev
    Just Click "Status" (the last header on the right, top of the Lobby) & it reverses itself.

Each of those Headers can be clicked to change the layout of the Lobby to suit your particular & current need.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
        Thank-you tk thats better.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site problems this morning (21st October) : 2 Analysts actually - James Browning (no longer with us) won the Open, as well as myself. And Lisa got 2nd in a big BH last Friday - she's deffo the best Presenter Player on the books right now, & is far easier on the eye than Orford, too. As to Orford, well, it pains me to say it. But he played it technically perfect, from start to finish. Like you, & many, many, others, I Railed him from 3 or 4 Tables out, & he was Billy Low Stack all the time. down to as little as 4 or 5 x BB's several times, he clung & clung, just waited & waited, tikay stylee, for the right spots to push. I don't buy this "you HAVE to shove regardless when down to 10 x BB" nonsense - you MUST wait for the "right spots", it takes great nerve & patience, & Rich did it brilliantly. In fact, technically, I think he played it absolutely perfectly, he did not make one mistake, or miss one "spot". There, I've been nice to him. That's the last time. Ever.
    Posted by Tikay10
    So it is 2-1 to the analysts. My bet is Lisa to get close quite soon. Is Sarah not playing?
  • Options
    booboo69booboo69 Member Posts: 196
    edited October 2009
    Check your bankroll guys after finishing a dym or tourney.
    I wasn't credited with winnings after cashing in a DYM, approx 1PM.
    Customer service on it, but for everyone else, worth a look.
    Even when I win, I don't win!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site problems today (21st October):
    Check your bankroll guys after finishing a dym or tourney. I wasn't credited with winnings after cashing in a DYM, approx 1PM. Customer service on it, but for everyone else, worth a look. Even when I win, I don't win!
    Posted by booboo69
    please bear with us guys, the release today has caused a few small problems but we will have everything working again soon and all wining will be credited eventually.

thanks for your patience everyone
  • Options
    kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Site problems today (21st October):
    just had the same problems as you. also i entered a couple of sit and gos which did not come up and now every time i go  in it says no s+ g,s available??