You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Daniel Negreanu - Naming and Shaming?

Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Just to let you know I've written a blog about quite a controversial post Daniel Negreanu recently made on his own. Personally I don't think Negreanu has done too much wrong here, but many feel differently. Have a look here if you're interested - or you just want to have a look at how Kid Poker lays out his Excel Spreadsheets! :)

Comments

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited October 2009

Hi Dave, interesting read.

I don't see a problem, these stats are available for all and poker is not a team game.

So instead of the Wayne Rooney analogy you use in the link, I would cite tennis and golf as much better examples, everyone can see who the best and worst players are and on what surfaces/courses.

Daniel has just highlighted those on the WPT, no biggie imo.
  • Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, agree that the tennis analogy would be a better one. Still, don't you think the guys who are in the bottom ten would be a bit offended that Negreanu has highlighted it? The stats are there, but you'd have to actively dig around if you wanted to see the worst performers I think.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited October 2009

Yes you would have to dig around, but I think as poker is getting bigger and bigger with more worldwide exposure, I think the top players especially will have to get used to their games being exposed and analysed like this.

It's the dawn of a new era! 8- />
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    I love stats!

Negreanu is well within his rights to publish this and has never been shy about stating forthright views. I look forward to lots of other people publishing figures and trying to put their own slant on things - lies, dam n lies and statistics!

As already stated elsewhere, the table takes no account of satellite entries or sponsorship so doesn't give a true reflection of profitability.

For me, it's interesting to see the ratio of final tables to cashes.
    Gus Hansen has 7 FTs from 9 cashes, Phil Ivey has 8 from 11. Bear in mind that the FT is a 6-seater in WPT events.
    On the series showing on Sky Sports currently (not sure how old it is), it was stated that Ivey had made the FT every time that he had cashed so his record has obviously detiorated since then!
    I think this gives a clue as to how these two guys play around bubble time.
    With the money on the WPT (as in almost all poker tournaments) highly weighted towards the top spots these two are definitely going for the win.