You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mark Banin's Vegas Diary

13»

Comments

• Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited October 2009
    I'm well chuffed for you,and to knock the aussie out ,you'll be getting comped rooms next as a potential high roller!
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    awesome stuff Mr banin and a really great read, i could have read another week of that, well done on the victory
  • Options
    Mark_BaninMark_Banin Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2009
    *** NEW ENTRY 6 *** has just been posted
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited October 2009
    Wow- well done Mr. Banin. Bet that'll get a few mentions on the show next time :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    *** NEW ENTRY 8 Posted ***
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks to everyone for all your comments and wishes....

Mark
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited October 2009
    well done in your efforts, mark
    really well written, thought i was reading hansens "every hand revealed" for a minute there.

look forward to hearing more...

Ray
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Mark Banin's Vegas Diary:
    *** NEW ENTRY 6 *** has just been posted
    Posted by Mark_Banin
     WOW Almost identical hand i had when playing the british masters at the weekend. Couldn't fold my AA to a small set.. was a totally dry board reading 2,J,7 ,4 (4 on turn as yours) all rainbow... guy had 2,2,2 and i crashed out after only 1 hour... im glad that pro's play that situation bad as well :-)
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Well done Mark. How much did you walk away with from the win then?!

All of the presenters/analysts are running hotter than hot at the moment.

Dave
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited October 2009
    However, today's a new comp......Unfortunately, I didn't catalogue any of these hands... but will say that I did cash finishing 14th - I really felt I should have won this one.  Two tables to go and I'm chip leader.  Then, I overplay AK, lose a third of my chips when I run into Aces the rest is all a blank...
    Really should have done better....

Did you go on tilt Mark? Because even after losing a third of your stack, going from 1/18 to 14/14 is falling off a cliff.

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    great post
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited October 2009

Nice one Mark, brilliant!!!! Hope you were wearing your Sky Poker branded shirt?

Dave

• Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited October 2009
    oh no, not heard from mark for a while, i hope he hasnt sat at a high stakes cash game an done his b/roll in
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Mark Banin's Vegas Diary:
    QUOTE However, today's a new comp......Unfortunately, I didn't catalogue any of these hands... but will say that I did cash finishing 14th - I really felt I should have won this one.  Two tables to go and I'm chip leader.  Then, I overplay AK, lose a third of my chips when I run into Aces the rest is all a blank... Really should have done better.... Did you go on tilt Mark? Because even after losing a third of your stack, going from 1/18 to 14/14 is falling off a cliff.
    Posted by BigBluster

Hi

Sorry for the delay in answering - just been mega-busy since back in London.

No I didn't feel like I was on tilt - I actually lost about 40% of my stack on that AK v AA  I made a couple of of plays that didn't work out.

Having said all of that - I certainly could & should have played better after the AK debacle.  They weren't tilty plays just average Joe type plays!

Mark
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    hero call banin in the hizzouse.

Just remember, a wise eastern philosipher once said

~100BB's deep 78s /> 78o
    ~300BB's deep 78o /> 78s

Pretty sure it was urindanger...