You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Software wont load

BobaFett11BobaFett11 Member Posts: 15
edited October 2011 in Community Help & Advice
Hey

When I click the Sky Poker Icon to open the software I get the startup box but it just stays as initializing.  Ive tried a few times and same result each time.  Gave up after a maximum 20 minutes.  Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Im pretty sure Adobe Air is up to date and Ive tried it with my firewall off.  Nothing has made a difference.  The software worked fine 2 weeks ago when I played the Sky Roller.

Im running Windows Vista

Thanks

Comments

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited October 2011
    Have you updated anything or installed anything new since then ?

Have you scanned for malware ?
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Software wont load:
    Hey When I click the Sky Poker Icon to open the software I get the startup box but it just stays as initializing.  Ive tried a few times and same result each time.  Gave up after a maximum 20 minutes.  Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Im pretty sure Adobe Air is up to date and Ive tried it with my firewall off.  Nothing has made a difference.  The software worked fine 2 weeks ago when I played the Sky Roller. Im running Windows Vista Thanks
    Posted by BobaFett11

Uninstall this ASAP
  • sikassikas Member Posts: 857
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Software wont load:
    Hey When I click the Sky Poker Icon to open the software I get the startup box but it just stays as initializing.  Ive tried a few times and same result each time.  Gave up after a maximum 20 minutes.  Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Im pretty sure Adobe Air is up to date and Ive tried it with my firewall off.  Nothing has made a difference.  The software worked fine 2 weeks ago when I played the Sky Roller. Im running Windows Vista Thanks
    Posted by BobaFett11

Thinley veiled brag imo
  • BobaFett11BobaFett11 Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Software wont load:
    Have you updated anything or installed anything new since then ?

Probably, my comp auto installs updates and Ive installed some other poker sites.....Everest being the only site that I didnt already have another site downloaded on that network.  AFAIK havent installed any software or anything that would dramatically change my machine.

Have you scanned for malware ?

Not specifically but my comp auto-scans every day and seems to be fine
    Posted by AcidMan27
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Software wont load :
    Posted by BobaFett11
    bump?  Anyone?  I updated Adobe Air today and still same thing
    edited October 2011
    Does it come up with any error or just nevers loads ?

Have you tried uninstalling sky poker and reinstalling it ?
    edited October 2011
    Does it come up with any error or just nevers loads ? Have you tried uninstalling sky poker and reinstalling it ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    It just never loads, I get the little blue box pop up that says Initializing with the circular timer thing, but it just sticks on that.  I left it for an hour yesterday and it didnt load.  The 1st time I tried yesterday it did that, and I tried turning my firewall off and I immediately got a pop up asking if I wanted to update Adobe Air.  I updated and restarted with no firewall and still got same result.  Firewall back on now obv and still doing the same thing.

Yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I am also not having any problems with any other software or poker site or anything really.

BTW - Thanks for the attempts at help Acidman.  I dont hang around here much so I dont know, do you work for Sky or just trying to help me out?  If its the latter, Im kinda annoyed that the Sky tech guys havent even replied to this or tried to help, obviously I found out my Sky Poker client wouldnt load because I was trying to play on the site, and Im trying to fix it so that I can play on the site!

Cheers
    edited October 2011
    No I don't work for Sky, just trying to help.

The trouble with pc systems is every system is different, you have so many different types of hardware setups and software installations that can cause erros with applications like this.

The technical team here don't always monitor the forum so you're always best talking to the customer service.

• elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2011
    I've had same problem tonight - the difference is I was playing 5 tables when it disconnected and then refused to re-load. All other sites were working fine. No PC issues. I ran a diagnostics and it said all was well but that Sky Poker was not responding. I know others had the same problem at the same time, in different parts of the country with different IP's. We chatted about it on FB but could not load any Sky Poker pages. I managed to get onto Sky Sports but none of their links would work to the Poker client. I eventually managed to go through a third party poker-bonus site and connected. I had been blinded out of 3 mtts and very bottom stack in the two remaining. I was off the site for over an hour.

I chatted to CS but that's another story - chocolate frying pans come to mind. They want me to provide in an email, my name, address, ID, mother's maiden name, IP Address, computer model, hard disc capacity and my inside leg measurement. If I do all that, having already given them that info on-chat they will consider whether a refund is in order or not.

• bluff1991bluff1991 Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2011
    has anyone found a solution to this?

I'm having the same problem now, it gets to the screen loading the poker lobby... then it does nothing and just closes after about a minute. It was working fine last night, but nothing will load this morning...
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited October 2011
    has anyone found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem now, it gets to the screen loading the poker lobby... then it does nothing and just closes after about a minute. It was working fine last night, but nothing will load this morning...
    Posted by bluff1991
    hi bluff, can you try uninstalling sky poker  AND adobe air using the contol panel then reinstall from the homepage, sometimes when updates install parts of the older version can remain in the registry causing conflicts between the different versions and the software.

other than this certain ISP's have had servers down lately Virgin talk talk and tiscali all share certain servers and no doubt a few others to so if a particular server goes down it may lead to the problem you're having,
  • goose27909goose27909 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    New to this so please be patient. Had exactly same issue. Got less than helpful response from Sky CS (clue should be in the title?). Upshot was I got blinded out of HU and no refund. To get round the problem I launched the web version through Mozilla Firefox and it connected whereas IE9 didnt. Interestingly when loading through Firefox browser I could read what software was doing. It appears that Sky is tracking movements on your PC which taken at first glance is frankly out of order. Im not happy and Im sure others wouldnt be if this is indeed what is happening in the background. Does anyone know who do I talk to in order to prove / disprove / get assurances from sky? Thoughts welcome.

No I don't work for Sky, just trying to help. The trouble with pc systems is every system is different, you have so many different types of hardware setups and software installations that can cause erros with applications like this. The technical team here don't always monitor the forum so you're always best talking to the customer service.
    Posted by AcidMan27