You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Get in the Hole! (OCT 6th - 9th)

splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
edited October 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat
Madrid Masters

Tough call this week, brand new course for this event this year, so no course form to go by. I have heard that it will suit longer hitters. So my two picks here both have great long games and went well last week in Scotland

Frys.com

Such a tough event to call. Most of the guys who have done well here before aren't playing this week. So im gonna stick with Spencer Levin for another week after his top 5 finish last week. Chad Campbell is my final pick, he had a decent week here last year and is one of the more talented guys in the field.
EventPickOddsStake
Madrid MastersNicolas Colsaerts22/1£2 e/w
Madrid MastersPeter Hanson16/1£2 e/w
Frys.comSpencer Levin33/1£2 e/w
Frys.comChad Campbell40/1£2 e/w
 Colsaerts + Levin714/1£0.50 e/w
 Colsaerts +Campbell861/1£0.50 e/w
 Hanson + Levin510/1£0.50 e/w
 Hanson + Campbell615/1£0.50 e/w

Comments

• Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited October 2011
    I agree with you Splashies that Nic Colsaerts has to have a great shout,and the other 2 i just thought could easily be in the mix in Madrid. The Fry.com, i had to have a bet due to Tiger Woods playing & pushing all other prices out, and i'm sure i read that Patrick Cantlay had shot some low scores on tour recently but not for 4 rounds together ! so hopefully he can start soon. Scott Piercy is another player who looks like he could win a tourney like this one on the way to better things. 
    EventPickOddsStake
    Madrid MastersNicolas Colsaerts20/1£2.50 e/w
    Madrid MastersD. Willet50/1£1 e/w
    Madrid MastersL.Gagli55/1£1 e/w
    Frys.comPatrick Cantlay50/1£1.50 e/w
    Frys.comScott Piercy45/1£1.50 e/w
    Good Luck, Dave.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited October 2011
    Looks like a lot are betting on Colsaerts, he is down to 16/1 now (On sky neway). Thats all iI've done this week (The odds in my account £9.08 + £5 free bet) Its a bit of a lottery and no way am I going with Donald @ 9/2. In a field of 150 golfers thats never a good bet!!
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (OCT 6th - 9th):
    Looks like a lot are betting on Colsaerts, he is down to 16/1 now (On sky neway). Thats all iI've done this week (The odds in my account £9.08 + £5 free bet) Its a bit of a lottery and no way am I going with Donald @ 9/2. In a field of 150 golfers thats never a good bet!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    yeh and the fact he is physically and mentally shattered, cant remember the last time he had a week off.

he'll prob win by 10 shots now.
  • jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited October 2011
    Hi guys,can I ask you what you think of Tiger's chances this week?I know Steve Palmer in the racing post has tipped him up big style but not sure myself.The field is sooooooo poor but betting into the unknown really cos of all the problems.
    edited October 2011
    Hi guys,can I ask you what you think of Tiger's chances this week?I know Steve Palmer in the racing post has tipped him up big style but not sure myself.The field is sooooooo poor but betting into the unknown really cos of all the problems.
    Posted by jackda
    Iv read a few tipster reports saying he will do very well, apparantly he shot a 62 last week somewhere and first event with his new caddie. But im not confident enough to back him, he's prob still work in progress.
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,299
    edited October 2011
    I had £10 EW on him and £15 to win at 6,s - Thought i was doing ok as he was less than 5,s at the off until i saw his score

Just glad when i was checking his odds i stuck £3 on estonia when 1-0 down to Northen ireland at 13/1

• Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited October 2011
    I agree with you Splashies that Nic Colsaerts has to have a great shout,and the other 2 i just thought could easily be in the mix in Madrid. The Fry.com, i had to have a bet due to Tiger Woods playing & pushing all other prices out, and i'm sure i read that Patrick Cantlay had shot some low scores on tour recently but not for 4 rounds together ! so hopefully he can start soon. Scott Piercy is another player who looks like he could win a tourney like this one on the way to better things.  Event Pick Odds Stake Madrid Masters Nicolas Colsaerts 20/1 £2.50 e/w Madrid Masters D. Willet 50/1 £1 e/w Madrid Masters L.Gagli 55/1 £1 e/w Frys.com Patrick Cantlay 50/1 £1.50 e/w Frys.com Scott Piercy 45/1 £1.50 e/w Good Luck, Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Come on Gagli ! you can win this for me please!
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (OCT 6th - 9th) : Come on Gagli ! you can win this for me please!
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Unlucky, great pick though!