You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How to make sure your pocket A's win.

apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
I played in a sit 'n go tournament the other day and had pocket A's 4 times.
Twice I had them in the BB and both times it was folded round to me. I showed them both times.
The other 2 times I was up against a player that was 'away'
So no reward for the premium hand, but at least they won each time.
Does this just happen to me or have other players had the same thing happen to them?

Comments

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    always seems that when i have pocket aces in bb that everyone folds, it really is so annoying when this happens but i am sure it evens itself out but i only remember the ones were they folded
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited October 2009
    hi apollo

i'd be happy to break even with pocket aces.

In a freeroll a wee bit back, i was dealt pocket aces in 2 consecutive hands. The first was beaten by trip 8's after 2 8's appeared on the flop, and the second hand was beaten by a straight on the flop.

Cant remember what the oods are for getting pocket aces in consecutive hands are, but i seen it in one of mere novices threads earlier on.  i wonder what the odds are to not only flop pocket aces in two consecutive hands, but then have them cracked both times. 

Ray
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Really unlucky Buistyboy.
    I would like to win a few chips with the premium hands but breaking even or just winning the SB is some comfort to having them cracked.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: How to make sure your pocket A's win.:
    hi apollo i'd be happy to break even with pocket aces. In a freeroll a wee bit back, i was dealt pocket aces in 2 consecutive hands. The first was beaten by trip 8's after 2 8's appeared on the flop, and the second hand was beaten by a straight on the flop. Cant remember what the oods are for getting pocket aces in consecutive hands are, but i seen it in one of mere novices threads earlier on.  i wonder what the odds are to not only flop pocket aces in two consecutive hands, but then have them cracked both times.  Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    I sense that this is more rhetorical than an actual question but I can't help myself.
    The odds of getting AA back-to-back is 48840/1.
    If we say that the AA is 85% favourite against a single other hand when it goes to showdown on the river, I'd say that the odds of you doing this were 2,170,710 to 1 - unlucky!
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited October 2009
    thanks vince

the question wasnt rhetorical as I enjoy your threads and will find it handy to be able to quantify my unluckiness in future conversations.

In fact, combining this thread with that about frequent posters winning a seat in a posters freeroll, i would suggest that given the quality of vinces contributions to the forum, he merits a seat regardless of whether he is in the top 50 posters or not.

Keep up the good work sir!

Sorry Apollo for drifting off topic...

Ray
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    Never happens to me as i always fold them much prefer 9  2  me hope that helps
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    thanks vince the question wasnt rhetorical as I enjoy your threads and will find it handy to be able to quantify my unluckiness in future conversations. In fact, combining this thread with that about frequent posters winning a seat in a posters freeroll, i would suggest that given the quality of vinces contributions to the forum, he merits a seat regardless of whether he is in the top 50 posters or not. Keep up the good work sir! Sorry Apollo for drifting off topic... Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Thankyou.
    I appreciate your comments.
    I know that the maths of the game (obviously it's just a part of it) doesn't appeal to everyone so it's nice to hear that some people are interested.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No problems Ray.
    It it always nice to see Vince answering remarks on the forum.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009

I remember a game recently when I was lucky enough to be dealt Kings in second position and to prevent multiple callers, I pushed all in as at a quid level even a 10 x bb will not earn any respect and no way I wanted 5 callers.

If I had one caller, Yes, happy days, If I was against aces, so be it.

Anyway, everyone folded to me.

Very next hand, under the gun, guess what ACES!!! Now I wanted to get some action so pushed all in again hoping that one of the other players would see this as me buying the pot twice in a row. And true to my prediction, the big stack, who had been bullying all game, insta called me with king 7!!

Best use of aces I have ever had and would recommend this play to anyone playing lower levels.

• Options
    edited October 2009
    I remember a game recently when I was lucky enough to be dealt Kings in second position and to prevent multiple callers, I pushed all in as at a quid level even a 10 x bb will not earn any respect and no way I wanted 5 callers. If I had one caller, Yes, happy days, If I was against aces, so be it. Anyway, everyone folded to me. Very next hand, under the gun, guess what ACES!!! Now I wanted to get some action so pushed all in again hoping that one of the other players would see this as me buying the pot twice in a row. And true to my prediction, the big stack, who had been bullying all game, insta called me with king 7!! Best use of aces I have ever had and would recommend this play to anyone playing lower levels.
    Posted by Hale72
    The real skill with that play is knowing that you're going to get AA next hand when you push with the KK - not everyone can do that. :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Nice one Hale.

Now I know what to do if I hit my 48840/1 shot

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    True, if we all knew what hole cards we would be getting the next hand, playing the current one would be an awful lot easier.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited October 2009
    it happens to every1, really annoying, the lesson is to not get carried away with aces.