You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Weekend footy betting (8th/9th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited October 2011 in Sports & Betting Chat

Its International weekend again & with it comes a vastly reduced coupon for us punters to choose from. As it is there seems to be some value in the games being played so hopefully I can get back on the winning track.

I was gonna have some bets on tonight’s games but tbh there was no value about so gave it a miss. So just the one bet for me this weekend then.

Sheff Wed to beat Chesterfield (H) @ 4/6

Scunthorpe/Leyton Orient – Both to score @ 4/6

Rotherham/Burton – Both to score @ 8/15

Shrewsbury to beat Barnet (H) @ 8/13

These 4 pay a tasty 11/2.

The Owls come into this game having found some consistent form & now find themselves in 4th spot tied on points with 2nd place MK Dons. Up until recent weeks it’s been their away form that’s been holding them back but they’ve won their last 3 straight with two of those coming on the road. They’ve got a perfect record at Hillsborough so far this term with 5 wins from 5 & only 4 goals conceded. Chesterfield rolls into town tomorrow & winning at Notts County in the JPT in midweek they’ve lost their last two in the league against Colchester & Charlton. The Spireites away form in general this term has been poor so far with just 1 win & 4 defeats & they won’t relish the trip to Yorkshire.

It’s been a couple of years since Scunthorpe & Leyton Orient have both met but recent history between the two suggests there’s likely to be goals at Glanford Park as there’s only been one clean sheet on the last nine meetings. So far this term Scunthorpe have yet to keep a clean sheet in the league & they meet a resurgent Orient side who have finally started to find some kind of form this season with a draw at Huddersfield & a win at home to Preston last weekend. To be fair to the O’s they’ve actually been playing some pretty decent stuff for a while now but results had been going against them. They’ve only failed to score once in their last 10 in all competitions which came in a 0-0 draw at Chesterfield at the beginning of September. Incidentally that is also the only clean sheets they’ve kept in the same 10 games.

If there’s one thing Rotherham & Burton have in common it’s that their games produce goals. Last season they met 3 times in the league & cup & the 3 games produced a total of 15 goals & not a clean sheet in sight. The Millers have only kept one clean sheet in their last 12 in all competitions whilst the only sides to prevent them from scoring in those games were high flying Southend & Port Vale. Burton have played 6 games on the road in all competitions so far & they’ve only kept one clean sheet (against Southend). Burton have also scored in every game so far too so I expect a few goals here.

Shrewsbury have only dropped two points at Greenhous Meadow this term which came in their opening game against Plymouth in a 1-1 draw. They’ve won all four there since to continue their terrific home form from last season. Barnet are the visitors to Shropshire this weekend & despite a decent start to the season they’ve quickly fallen back into the patterns of last term where they narrowly avoided relegation. They come into this game having lost 4 of their last 5 in the league with their only victory in that run coming at home to rock bottom Plymouth nearly a month ago. Shrewsbury has won the last two home meetings with Barnet & really should make that 3 tomorrow.

If you fancy a longer shot tomorrow then also add victories for Charlton (home to Tranmere), Huddersfield (home to Stevenage) & Swindon (home to Hereford) to my four picks above for a 25/1 shot.

Good luck if you’re having a go peeps.

Jay

Comments

• BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2011
    LIECHSTENSTEIN WIN/DRAW 5/2 SCOTLAND WILL GO TO SECOND IN THE GROUP WITH A WIN AND THEY HAVE A UNCANNY NACK OF GRABBING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY! 
  • cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2011
    Lucky 15 with a £
    5acca..Northampton,Bradford,Crewe,Plymouth all draws.
  • cleaverjimcleaverjim Member Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2011
    I also have had a stab at Oxford 3 3 Bristol rovers.Morecombe 3 3 Wimbledon. singles and double
  • alexndomalexndom Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    Put the bet on silentbob. Fingers Crossed lets see how they go. Placed £10 on it ill see weather you tips are any good first before i start putting more on :)
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2011

To win OR draw...

Sheff Wed
    Charlton
    Southend
    Morecombe
    Swindon
    Northampton
    Huddersfield - WIN ONLY.

Pays 6/1 

gl all.
  • FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2011
    splashies whats goin on your team is gettin beat and that akinfenwa looks as though he should be on the door of a nightclub
    edited October 2011
    Had a bet on all the Cs
    CARLISLE
    CHARLTON
    CRAWLEY
    COLCHESTER
    CHELTENHAM
    PAYS 26/1

And all the Ss
    SCUNTHORPE
    SHEFF WED
    SOUTHEND
    SHREWSBURY
    SWINDON
    PAYS 14/1

£5 WIN ACC ON BOTH
  • pkr123pkr123 Member Posts: 106
    edited October 2011

Swindon @ 2/5Shrewsbury @ 2/3Sheffield Wednesday @ 4/6Huddersfield @ 4/6Colchester @ 4/5Charlton @ 4/7Bournemouth @ 10/11
    only football bet for today, as i prefer to bet on prem and championship games, and as per, i know one team will let me down!
  • murray69murray69 Member Posts: 436
    edited October 2011
    Ive put a 5er on huddersfield, Bournemouth, charlton and Exeter all to win. These pay 15/1 so ive put a 5er on it.
    Exeter away at bury were 9/4 so they would of boosted the price for me
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (8th/9th):
    To win OR draw... Sheff Wed Charlton Southend Morecombe Swindon Northampton Huddersfield - WIN ONLY. Pays 6/1  gl all.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    1 day I'll stop listening to that dym grinding, cobbling plonker.

Oh well, rinse repeat for the 3pms.

Same bet again minus N'ton.
    edited October 2011
    unlucky silentbob, was watchin waiting for rotherham to score had about 7attempts i think but couldnt produce a goal. will check back next week.
    edited October 2011
    Hartlepool to win today @ 5/2 and both teams to score my prediction
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited October 2011
    splashies whats goin on your team is gettin beat and that akinfenwa looks as though he should be on the door of a nightclub
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    If you can answer and solve this question...then you can happily have the managers job. Many have tried and failed!
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (8th/9th) : 1 day I'll stop listening to that dym grinding, cobbling plonker. Oh well, rinse repeat for the 3pms. Same bet again minus N'ton.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you're welcome, we'll win next week though.
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited October 2011
    Finally managed to get back online this morning. **** Virgin are a nightmare. Told 'em where to stick their broadband & signed up to BT instead.

Anyhow, gutted about Rotherham. Watched the Football League show this morning & was gutted to see some of the chances they missed especially the one that hit the bar.

Nevermind, might be a few Internationals worth betting on in midweek & I'll have a look if I can get online.
  • FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2011
    i hope you do please