You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

was i right

bcool2bcool2 Member Posts: 19
edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
 was playing in a freeroll had just over 2,400 chips, blinds where 300/600 got given pair of queens, so went all-in. was up against ace-ten only to go out on the river as he hit his ace.  Did i do right to go all-in?

Comments

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    yes 100%
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2009

hi,yes you were right to go all in with only 4 big blinds,but you would of been right pushing with any hand (depending on position) with only 4 bb's

but the best thing is not to wait until you are so low before pushing.you need to start pushing with 10/12 bb's imo,so you have enough to make others fold their average hands and take down the blinds....

good luck at the tables,dave

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: was i right:
    hi,yes you were right to go all in with only 4 big blinds,but you would of been right pushing with any hand (depending on position) with only 4 bb's but the best thing is not to wait until you are so low before pushing.you need to start pushing with 10/12 bb's imo,so you have enough to make others fold their average hands and take down the blinds.... good luck at the tables,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi

I have to agree with davey, but I normaly go as low as 8 BB,s before I will push with any 2 in position :)