You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

wont run 3 tables

bahhbahh Member Posts: 72
edited October 2011 in Community Help & Advice
my laptop is 2.1Ghz and have 4GB RAM yet i cant run 3 tables it just keeps timing me out, i can run 2 just fine but as soon as i open 3 thats it! any ideas please??

Comments

• kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2011
    In Response to wont run 3 tables:
    my laptop is 2.1Ghz and have 4GB RAM yet i cant run 3 tables it just keeps timing me out, i can run 2 just fine but as soon as i open 3 thats it! any ideas please??
    Posted by bahh
    i av similar rig and can run plenty of tables.u need to be more specific. r u running. d /load client or browser?if so which and what times out. the hand/ table/site???
  • bahhbahh Member Posts: 72
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: wont run 3 tables:
    In Response to wont run 3 tables : i av similar rig and can run plenty of tables.u need to be more specific. r u running. d /load client or browser?if so which and what times out. the hand/ table/site???
    Posted by kb245
    im using the download client, its the hand and table that lags out, doesnt even give me chance to press anything just comes up with a red error message saying i have been timed out and the system didnt recognise my last move.
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited October 2011
    Are you running wireless? 

Go to www.speedtest.net and www.pingtest.net and run a test.

Post the figures from the tests here.
    edited October 2011
    Are you running wireless?  Go to www.speedtest.net and www.pingtest.net and run a test. Post the figures from the tests here.
    Posted by Machka
    ping is 61ms. download 7meg and upload 0.54mbs
  • kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2011
    Are you running wireless?  Go to www.speedtest.net and www.pingtest.net and run a test. Post the figures from the tests here.
    Posted by Machka
    why would a speed test only affect one table???
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited October 2011

In Response to Re: wont run 3 tables : why would a speed test only affect one table???
    Posted by kb245

Any increase in data could cause problems especially if you're running a wireless setup. In the past when i've tried to use wireless for poker I had problems as soon  as I went from two to three tables, or if I was lucky three to four tables.
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: wont run 3 tables : why would a speed test only affect one table???
    Posted by kb245
    Where did it say it affected one table?
    edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: wont run 3 tables : ping is 61ms. download 7meg and upload 0.54mbs
    Posted by bahh
    The download and upload speeds look fine.  61ms isn't the best of ping times but I can't see that causing consistent timeouts.

If you have time open 3 tables that you aren't playing on, say a tournament that is running, or 3 cash tables that are full.  With those 3 tables running run another speedtest, it will show how much they are affecting your timings.
    edited October 2011
    with 2 tables open these are the results, ping 47ms, download 8.58 and upload 0.85, what the ****, its faster but still 3 tables will not work, might just be my wireless coz the router is downstairs and i am upstairs??
    edited October 2011
    Doesn't look like the wireless connection is the problem but if you could run 3 tables and check the speed it would be good.

To definitely rule out the wireless can you get an ethernet cable, usually comes with the router, and try plugging the laptop directly into the router and switching off wireless.

Just taking stabs at troubleshooting as it's hard to do via a forum!
    edited October 2011
    Doesn't look like the wireless connection is the problem but if you could run 3 tables and check the speed it would be good. To definitely rule out the wireless can you get an ethernet cable, usually comes with the router, and try plugging the laptop directly into the router and switching off wireless. Just taking stabs at troubleshooting as it's hard to do via a forum!
    Posted by Machka
    just done the test with 3 tables open and it was the same results as usual but yet i just couldnt do anything regarding playing, i just dont get it, ill have to try and ethernet cable, cheers for the help will let you know how it goes